• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's probably encouraging that Mosley has yet to agree anywhere else. Not that we had much question in the first place, but it's clear he wants to be here and isn't just taking the money because it's there. It remains to be seen whether we bridge the gap enough to get it done, but it seems he's definitely giving the Ravens the chance to get there before he makes his decision.
I mean, he posted that social media video so I knew he wanted to be here. I think everyone wants him back it’s just a matter of price. He’s a great player just not a Kuechly/Wagner but those two are the best IMO.

Mike Mayock is a busy man......

Raiders signing Rams Safety Lamarcus Joyner.
That sucks they signed him. He was one of the few I actually liked.

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 2m2 minutes ago
Tom Pelissero Retweeted Mike Garafolo

Got the full numbers on the Mitch Morse deal with the #Bills and it’s a whopper: four years, $44.5 million with $26.5 million guaranteed. He gets $19.5M in Year 1 and $28.375M by Year 2. The $11.125M APY is the new bar for centers.

I hope there is a chance we can get Matt Paradis for cheaper but I imagine he will want similar numbers.
Wow that is amazing. Centers and LT seem to be the new expensive pieces on OL. LT always has been but C is now becoming huge for teams.

Mosley will sign with Colts unless we pay him. He's giving us every opportunity, it's on DeCosta.
Yeah I mean it is one of the few times a player has some leverage so he’s just letting other teams set the market and put pressure on the team to bump the offer. I hate for us to pay too much but I hate more him playing for the Jets or especially Indy.

I mean, he posted that social media video so I knew he wanted to be here. I think everyone wants him back it’s just a matter of price. He’s a great player just not a Kuechly/Wagner but those two are the best IMO.

That sucks they signed him. He was one of the few I actually liked.

Wow that is amazing. Centers and LT seem to be the new expensive pieces on OL. LT always has been but C is now becoming huge for teams.
Dont worry we have skura

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So I have heard the Ravens have upped their offer to CJ Mosley, but I read that on RSR, so take that for what it's worth.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So I have heard the Ravens have upped their offer to CJ Mosley, but I read that on RSR, so take that for what it's worth.

Also there is this....

The Athletic's Connor Hughes reports free agent C.J. Mosley wants to re-sign with the Ravens and is even willing to take a discount.
Hughes covers the Jets, who have been strongly connected to the top free agent' backer. Hughes reports Gang Green would have to "create a gap between two numbers he can't turn down" to lure Mosley away from Baltimore. The saga should be resolved some time on Tuesday.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also there is this....

The Athletic's Connor Hughes reports free agent C.J. Mosley wants to re-sign with the Ravens and is even willing to take a discount.
Hughes covers the Jets, who have been strongly connected to the top free agent' backer. Hughes reports Gang Green would have to "create a gap between two numbers he can't turn down" to lure Mosley away from Baltimore. The saga should be resolved some time on Tuesday.
This is fantastic news............I think

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Also Broncos make Ja'Wuan James the highest paid Right Tackle in the League. It's a 4 year $52M contract for the former Dolphin who will now head to Denver to keep Joe Flacco up right.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also there is this....

which suggests that our offer is close to what the jets are offering - it suggests that its an offer he'd be happy to take and is leveraging that into seeing if the jets will convince him to move on - it makes me wonder just how much we're offering

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
which suggests that our offer is close to what the jets are offering - it suggests that its an offer he'd be happy to take and is leveraging that into seeing if the jets will convince him to move on - it makes me wonder just how much we're offering
if you had to guess, how much do you think we are offering. I think we are in the 14.5m avg range.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
With all these big contracts, I'm starting to think we might see an unprecedented amount of third round comp picks being handed out next year.

I think most guys - though won’t admit publicly- are willing to take a home town discount. Just like most of us won’t leave a job -particularly one we like without a significant enough raise to make it worthwhile. I won’t be surprised that we won’t need to match - but will need to come close enough to any offer he gets elsewhere. He’s just going to let that number rise until it it’s time to take our bid or determine the gap is just too big to ignore and move on.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With all these big contracts, I'm starting to think we might see an unprecedented amount of third round comp picks being handed out next year.
I'm starting to wonder how much ZDS will go for as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think most guys - though won’t admit publicly- are willing to take a home town discount. Just like most of us won’t leave a job -particularly one we like without a significant enough raise to make it worthwhile. I won’t be surprised that we won’t need to match - but will need to come close enough to any offer he gets elsewhere. He’s just going to let that number rise until it it’s time to take our bid or determine the gap is just too big to ignore and move on.
he obviously likes it here, enjoys the people he works with, probably respects the coaches and doesn't want to uproot his family.

if you had to guess, how much do you think we are offering. I think we are in the 14.5m avg range.
That is probably right. Most deemed 14.5 overpaying but there is clearly significant salary inflation going on as there are a lot of teams with a lot of space who are ready to spend it. Honestly if we get him for that I wouldn’t be surprised if others offered close to 16. It’s gotten pretty crazy

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That is probably right. Most deemed 14.5 overpaying but there is clearly significant salary inflation going on as there are a lot of teams with a lot of space who are ready to spend it. Honestly if we get him for that I wouldn’t be surprised if others offered close to 16. It’s gotten pretty crazy

We are only two years away from another CBA Battle between the NFLPA & Owners, wouldn't be surprised if the agents are using that to leverage more money for their clients NOW in case of a lockout. The current CBA ends after the 2020 season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
some of the salaries coming out over the last couple yrs, that have been unprecedented, are due to the CBA coming to an end at the end of the 2020 season. After that with new TV contracts the salary cap is supposed to have a significant increase. They may do this over the course of a few seasons, but it will be more than our annual 10 to 13m increase that we have typically seen.

The owners know this and the agents know this and that is why we are seeing these salaries. This is why we need to extend as many players we can over the next couple yrs.

We are only two years away from another CBA Battle between the NFLPA & Owners, wouldn't be surprised if the agents are using that to leverage more money for their clients NOW in case of a lockout. The current CBA ends after the 2020 season.
Could be a point to drive home to your clients. But there are just teams who have been bad and have new hope and money to spend (Jets Browns). But damn I hate CBA years and threats of lockouts/strikes. Not looking forward to that.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Could be a point to drive home to your clients. But there are just teams who have been bad and have new hope and money to spend (Jets Browns). But damn I hate CBA years and threats of lockouts/strikes. Not looking forward to that.

That too, bad teams tend to throw out stupid money and always remain bad with no improvement and they are back to square one. Most of these big contracts will only see two or three years max before the players are cut for not living up to that contract. Which makes me wonder if guaranteed contracts will be a talking point during the next CBA negotiations.

As for safety who is left. I feel like a lot of FA safeties have been claimed. I don’t see us going after Thomas so who is left.

BTW I’m not buying the notion that our replacement for Weddle is on the roster as I have seen suggested.