• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I agree with everything u said...if there is one WR out there we can bring in I feel like Devante Parker could help us. He has a history with Lamar and they're friends. As much as I'd live for us to draft one of the top flight WR's reality sets in and we should go OLine in the 1st or Safety(Thompson)/Corner(Sheffield). And before everyone jumps on Parker being a bust etc. Pull up the tape. He obviously just needs a new scenery.
Parker is not really great pick up. Talented but never prepared/always injured.
He also does not have any history with Lamar on the field, apart from both attending the same college.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with everything u said except for the Cris Moore part. Hes gotten practically no snaps for a guy of his caliber. If he was in a Patriots or even a 49er's uniform he'd be drafted in fantasy football leagues...if there is one WR out there we can bring in I feel like Devante Parker could help us. He has a history with Lamar and they're friends. As much as I'd like for us to draft one of the top flight WR's reality sets in and we should go OLine in the 1st or Safety(Thompson)/Corner(Sheffield). And before everyone jumps on Parker being a bust etc. Pull up the tape. He obviously just needs a new scenery.
This really isn’t correct. Chris Moore had 467 offensive snaps, which is about 39% of the teams offensive snaps.

A1A

Veteran
I'm not going to nit pick on the subjective portion of your argument, but the dude's birthday is on 10/12/89 therefore he will be 30 during the season.

He'll be 29 next season and 30 his 2nd season with us. U have any other Ceneters
This really isn’t correct. Chris Moore had 467 offensive snaps, which is about 39% of the teams offensive snaps.

What year is he in again?? How many times was his number called?? Those numbers dont tell the true story. Being on the field lining up in a Flacco outside type role doesnt mean chit. We brought in how many FA cast offs?? While just keeping Moore on the bench. As for Parker and Lamar I know they didnt play together but their friends off the field and if we're not going to spend on a top flight receiver cause they wont be utilized then why not bring in a playmaker that respects Lamar?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He'll be 29 next season and 30 his 2nd season with us. U have any other Ceneters

What year is he in again?? How many times was his number called?? Those numbers dont tell the true story. Being on the field lining up in a Flacco outside type role doesnt mean chit. We brought in how many FA cast offs?? While just keeping Moore on the bench. As for Parker and Lamar I know they didnt play together but their friends off the field and if we're not going to spend on a top flight receiver cause they wont be utilized then why not bring in a playmaker that respects Lamar?
It doesn’t tell the complet story, I agree, but you specifically said playimg time. He definitely wasn’t being targeted enough

Reactions: A1A

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, according to Rotoworld there's a real chance that the Gerald McCoy from the Buccs will be a cap casualty since he's one of their higher paid guys and there's no guaranteed money left on his contract. A line of McCoy, Pierce, and Henry could give us some real push in the middle, and disrupt a lot of plays.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, according to Rotoworld there's a real chance that the Gerald McCoy from the Buccs will be a cap casualty since he's one of their higher paid guys and there's no guaranteed money left on his contract. A line of McCoy, Pierce, and Henry could give us some real push in the middle, and disrupt a lot of plays.

BWill is not getting cut this year. If anything the Ravens draft DLine in round 1. Or a pass rusher... or OL help, but its unlikely the Ravens go hunting in FA for him.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’d be estactic beyond belief if we landed McCoy

JO_75

Hall of Famer
McCoy will land with the Jets. They are switching to the 4-3 under Gregg Williams and they have the cap to over pay him if needed.

This is purely for fun to “fantasize and speculate” about, after reading this article (link below), about the possibility of bringing AB in; that’s talked about in the article. Apparently Humphrey made a tweet about bringing him in. So a fan commented on getting AB and Brown (it won’t ever happen, and that goes with even just getting one of them)... Humphrey even said it wouldn’t happen.

Disclaimer: I don’t think this is going to happen, Its just for shits and giggles... Imagine IF we got them both. Yeah they are locker room drama starters technically. But IF we fixed up our line to be halfway decent, Lamar improved his accuracy and IF we landed them. Things would be pretty exciting for us come gameday

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ravens/would-ravens-fans-welcome-steelers-wr-antonio-brown

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
BWill is not getting cut this year. If anything the Ravens draft DLine in round 1. Or a pass rusher... or OL help, but its unlikely the Ravens go hunting in FA for him.
I do believe if he’s not a June 1 cut, which I don’t think he will be, then he’s gone in 2020 and we use his salary in Pierce

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do believe if he’s not a June 1 cut, which I don’t think he will be, then he’s gone in 2020 and we use his salary in Pierce

Oh yeah I think BWill is gone after this year, but I was saying signing a FA DLinemen to start in place of BWill when he is not leaving is a waste of cap space. I am more in favor of resigning who the Ravens have just to finally have room to stop letting the big playmakers walk after this season and using the rookie contract to finally be ahead of the cap situation rather than behind it.