• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
With how well the defense played this year under wink I don’t see how we could justifiably switch to 4-3. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
Yup, in theory it should only get better (fingers crossed Willie Henry can stay healthy and Timmy gets his shit together).

Listing some of the hottest and most interesting UFAs at some positions of need..just to kill some time:

RB:
Le'veon Bell
Mark Ingram
Adrian Peterson
Jay Ajayi
Alfred Blue
Darren Sproles

WR:
Randall Cobb
Donte Moncrief
Golden Tate
Chris Conley
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jermaine Kearse

IOL:
Ramon Foster
Ryan Kalil
Matt Paradis
Jeff Allen
Mitch Morse
Andy Levitre
Max Garcia
Josh LeRibeus

ED:
Frank Clark (not for long)
Trey Flowers
Julius "immortal" Peppers (almost as old as my grandpa but still ballin')
Alex Okafor
Cameron Wake
Jadevwon Clowney (will resign with HOU soon, per rumors)

OLB/ILB:
KJ Wright
Preston Smith
Dante Fowler Jr
Clay Matthews (would love him to keep some veteran presence in the locker room)
Dee Ford
Anthony Barr
DJ Alexander

And guess whaaaat..we're bringing in at least one of these..BELEE dat

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Listing some of the hottest and most interesting UFAs at some positions of need..just to kill some time:

RB:
Le'veon Bell
Mark Ingram
Adrian Peterson
Jay Ajayi
Alfred Blue
Darren Sproles

WR:
Randall Cobb
Donte Moncrief
Golden Tate
Chris Conley
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jermaine Kearse

IOL:
Ramon Foster
Ryan Kalil
Matt Paradis
Jeff Allen
Mitch Morse
Andy Levitre
Max Garcia
Josh LeRibeus

ED:
Trey Flowers
Alex Okafor
Cameron Wake

OLB/ILB:
KJ Wright
Preston Smith
Dante Fowler Jr
Dee Ford
Anthony Barr
DJ Alexander

Gimme mark ingram and HaHa or Joyner (I’m surprised you didn’t list the FA safeties)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

RB:
Le'veon Bell
Mark Ingram
Adrian Peterson
Jay Ajayi
Alfred Blue
Darren Sproles

WR:
Randall Cobb
Donte Moncrief
Golden Tate
Chris Conley
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jermaine Kearse

IOL:
Ramon Foster
Ryan Kalil
Matt Paradis
Jeff Allen
Mitch Morse
Andy Levitre
Max Garcia
Josh LeRibeus

ED:
Trey Flowers
Alex Okafor
Cameron Wake

OLB/ILB:
KJ Wright
Preston Smith
Dante Fowler Jr
Dee Ford
Anthony Barr
DJ Alexander

im a big fan of donte moncrief but given the contract he got last year im not sure he's a viable get

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think any young talented FA WRs would want to come here unless they’re overpaid. They know they’re not going to get the stats.
Use FA money on other areas and focus finding 1 or 2 young WRs to grow with Lamar in the draft

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Give me HaHa, Barr and Trey Flowers and I'd be a happy camper

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think any young talented FA WRs would want to come here unless they’re overpaid. They know they’re not going to get the stats.
Use FA money on other areas and focus finding 1 or 2 young WRs to grow with Lamar in the draft
I’ve wondered how true this narrative is. I think it depends on the WR because they may want to come here even with Lamar. I don’t think NFL players generally think a situation is bad unless they’re playing on a one-year prove-it deal. That said, if they’re hungry for a ring and have the chance to go to a contender and they think we’re years away then, well, that does complicate it. KO went to OAK and then they had a huge boom but they had to pay.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want Clinton-Dix as my top guy at S. Then after him give me any of Trey Flowers or Preston Smith and Ingram. I heard Ryan Kalil will retire.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve wondered how true this narrative is. I think it depends on the WR because they may want to come here even with Lamar. I don’t think NFL players generally think a situation is bad unless they’re playing on a one-year prove-it deal. That said, if they’re hungry for a ring and have the chance to go to a contender and they think we’re years away then, well, that does complicate it. KO went to OAK and then they had a huge boom but they had to pay.

I don’t know. “Hungry for a ring” is usually for older players. Young talents in today’s NFL with how big fantasy football is for their sponsors and fame, I would think every young talented WR would want to go to a pass happy, proven Qb

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t know. “Hungry for a ring” is usually for older players. Young talents in today’s NFL with how big fantasy football is for their sponsors and fame, I would think every young talented WR would want to go to a pass happy, proven Qb
Allen Robinson went to CHI to play with Trubisky and Alshon Jeffrey went to PHI to play with Wentz before he took off. I don’t think the young players care as much as they do about the $$$$ like you said. The catches are important obviously because of endorsement deals but I don’t think that’s necessarily everything it’s just a factor

Gimme mark ingram and HaHa or Joyner (I’m surprised you didn’t list the FA safeties)

Reason I didn't list DBs is that it took me like 1 hour to make this short list already and my gf was in bed as it was 11 pm here...soooo I just added the magical word 'some' in the first sentence, followed her and called it a day.
You know, I couldn't tell her I had time for DBs but not for her lol
She'd have released me immediately, regardless from the dead cap

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reason I didn't list DBs is that it took me like 1 hour to make this short list already and my gf was in bed as it was 11 pm here...soooo I just added the magical word 'some' in the first sentence, followed her and called it a day.
If she happens to release you, tell her to pm me

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Smart man, the list can wait.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol I'll spend some good words if needed.
Hopefully my contract stays..i mean..off bed I might cause her some problems but performance-wise I'm a solid player
You need some offset language in you next contract ^_^

btt: Mitch Morse (absolutely forgot about him) and Flowers! Rodger Saffold as LG and our OL is set.