• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

You need some offset language in you next contract ^_^

btt: Mitch Morse (absolutely forgot about him) and Flowers! Rodger Saffold as LG and our OL is set.

Lol you're right.. Better hire a better agent than myself then

Idk about other teams cap situations, so how realistic the availability of Morse is.. I trust the FO to bring in some improvement

A1A

Veteran
Listing some of the hottest and most interesting UFAs at some positions of need..just to kill some time:

RB:
Le'veon Bell
Mark Ingram
Adrian Peterson
Jay Ajayi
Alfred Blue
Darren Sproles

WR:
Randall Cobb
Donte Moncrief
Golden Tate
Chris Conley
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jermaine Kearse

IOL:
Ramon Foster
Ryan Kalil
Matt Paradis
Jeff Allen
Mitch Morse
Andy Levitre
Max Garcia
Josh LeRibeus

ED:
Frank Clark (not for long)
Trey Flowers
Julius "immortal" Peppers (almost as old as my grandpa but still ballin')
Alex Okafor
Cameron Wake
Jadevwon Clowney (will resign with HOU soon, per rumors)

OLB/ILB:
KJ Wright
Preston Smith
Dante Fowler Jr
Clay Matthews (would love him to keep some veteran presence in the locker room)
Dee Ford
Anthony Barr
DJ Alexander

And guess whaaaat..we're bringing in at least one of these..BELEE dat

The only guy I want on this team from that list is Paradis.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So an up and coming star center/team captain that helped multiple young RB's be successful. While in an offense that struggled at the QB position wouldn't fit here "scheme" wise? Gotcha.

yes he wouldnt - he's more of a zone blocking center who isnt a great fit in a power scheme - i mean he can pull across the line but he's a smaller interior OL who's much better in space and level 2 than he is at the point of attack

he would be an upgrade here but he'd be way more valuable to a team running a zone blocking system

he's also coming off a major injury

Charm City

Pro Bowler
So an up and coming star center/team captain that helped multiple young RB's be successful. While in an offense that struggled at the QB position wouldn't fit here "scheme" wise? Gotcha.
I wouldn't really call him up and coming. He'll be 30 next season

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Trey Flowers would be good but I can see Miami over paying him since they are hiring the Pats defensive coordinator. I think once Jacksonville lets go of Malik Jackson, we need to be on him and bring him here. solid add to the defensive line next to Williams and Pierce. Mitch Morse would be a great signing on the offensive line and a major improvement over Skura at Center. Jermaine Kearse or Golden Tate would be great additions at WR for Lamar. Mark Ingram would be a good complimentary signing to go with Edwards.

A1A

Veteran
It's not John, It's the whole organization they wouldn't sign him. That being said I wouldn't be opposed

Not to mention he'll come on the cheap for at least 2 years while trying to rehabilitate his name and career. The more I think about it we should get him and trade the rest of the RB's not named Gus. 23 years old with a chip on his shoulder and a super cheap price tag. Fudge what the people say..when we win they all will shut up and start buying his jersey. People forget what "Big Ben" was known for in college and even in the pros. What SB MVP goes to college dorm parties??! Lol so wack. If I was in his shoes I'd be kickin it with Victoria Secret models.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
He recently turned 28 years old and I meant in regards to being a household name. Centers usually have pretty long careers also.
I'm not going to nit pick on the subjective portion of your argument, but the dude's birthday is on 10/12/89 therefore he will be 30 during the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He recently turned 28 years old and I meant in regards to being a household name. Centers usually have pretty long careers also.

I mean he’s still not a great fit for this offence-

He’s a smaller centre who’s plus value comes in zone blocking and springing runners in level 2 through athleticism but who’s coming off a major injury

Sure he’d be an upgrade on skura but he has much better value on many other teams

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not big on Golden Tate. I've always loved him as a player but I don't think he is a complete clone but a bit older and more expensive of Willie Snead who quietly put up a monster season with 62 catches. The TD's weren't there but neither were redzone targets so.

Chris Moore and Snead are legit the perfect Wr's for Lamar. I think we keep Crabtree but pick up the a guy in the draft.

Let's be honest, we will have to slightly overpay for a WR especially if they are trying to prove it stats wise. Wrs are already payed way more than worth rn. You can sign an all pro guard or defensive player for 9-11m a year, or you could look at the costs of wr from last year like Sammy Watkins getting 3/48 and putting up worse stats than snead...

Snead is one of my favorite players along with Chris Moore if I didn't make it clear enough.

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
I'd love Tate his route running and explosiveness would be great for us I think, and I agree about Snead his game is a perfect fit for the Ravens way. If he gets extended he will be my next jersey

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dee Ford. If Kansas city doesn't lock him up. I would, " over pay" him before Mosley in a second.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not big on Golden Tate. I've always loved him as a player but I don't think he is a complete clone but a bit older and more expensive of Willie Snead who quietly put up a monster season with 62 catches. The TD's weren't there but neither were redzone targets so.

Chris Moore and Snead are legit the perfect Wr's for Lamar. I think we keep Crabtree but pick up the a guy in the draft.

Let's be honest, we will have to slightly overpay for a WR especially if they are trying to prove it stats wise. Wrs are already payed way more than worth rn. You can sign an all pro guard or defensive player for 9-11m a year, or you could look at the costs of wr from last year like Sammy Watkins getting 3/48 and putting up worse stats than snead...

Snead is one of my favorite players along with Chris Moore if I didn't make it clear enough.

Snead was a great get - comparing him to sammy watkins stats wise is a bit disingenuous because watkins has missed some games/been allowed to rest when recovering - watkins is getting paid because he's a legitimate weapon that other teams gameplan for but they cant because of the other weapons KC has

wrs are getting paid more than we can afford - and some are getting overpaid but ultimately the price of wrs is just more expensive in general than it used to be due to inflation and the evolution of the league

it's probably better to say that willie snead was underpaid

and i really dont get the love for chris moore tbh - to me he's a brilliant and crucial special teams player but is at best an ok 4th receiver

A1A

Veteran

I agree with everything u said except for the Cris Moore part. Hes gotten practically no snaps for a guy of his caliber. If he was in a Patriots or even a 49er's uniform he'd be drafted in fantasy football leagues...if there is one WR out there we can bring in I feel like Devante Parker could help us. He has a history with Lamar and they're friends. As much as I'd like for us to draft one of the top flight WR's reality sets in and we should go OLine in the 1st or Safety(Thompson)/Corner(Sheffield). And before everyone jumps on Parker being a bust etc. Pull up the tape. He obviously just needs a new scenery.

Last edited: