• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 16 Discussion (Merry Christmas!)

Who Wins Between Saints & Steelers?

• Saints

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
TRASH!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have to thank Johnson for throwing that pick 6 to the titans to end the game. Before that the point total on the titans was very low for my fantasy team

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Damn it Redskins, and they even allowed a Pick 6 at the end of the game. Unbelievable. The Redskins are now in that "Once they find a real QB" category will be dangerous. Love what they have built defensively, and now just need to fix the offense a bit.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
dammit - what the hell was johnson looking at? he had 2 receivers wide open and threw it straight to byard
Michael Irvin said it wasn’t josh Johnson’s fault. The receiver stopped his route and needed to continue the bend and it would have been a completion.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
All I'm asking for is a little false hope just to be let down next week, but it don't even look like I can get that under my tree this year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Damn it Redskins, and they even allowed a Pick 6 at the end of the game. Unbelievable. The Redskins are now in that "Once they find a real QB" category will be dangerous. Love what they have built defensively, and now just need to fix the offense a bit.
Once they find a qb...lol, they had a qb and let him walk

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yet here is the scenario that would give the Ravens no chance in Week 17:

-Ravens lose to the Chargers
-Titans beat the Redskins
-Colts beat the Giants
-Steelers beat the Saints

The above results would yield these standings:

AFC North:
Steelers (9-5-1)
Ravens (8-7)

Final Wild Card spot:
Colts (9-6)
Titans (9-6)
Ravens (8-7)

Ravens are fully out of the AFC North race, with it impossible to pass the Steelers. Yes, Pittsburgh is playing the Saints, but no one expected the Steelers to beat the Patriots nor the Saints to only score 12 points on Monday.

While only one game back in the Wild Card, and still holding the tiebreaker over both the Colts and Titans, those two AFC South teams play each other in Week 17. One of two will get 10 wins (or they will both be 9-6-1). In which case, there is no possible scenario where the Ravens can make the playoffs.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...enario-where-ravens-can-be-eliminated-week-16

Pats

Veteran
I guess betting on the ravens +4.5 turned out to be a good idea after all heh, thanks spanos.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ok here we go guys and gals. Go Giants, Go Saints, Go Texans and good luck to everyone in the fantasy finals!