• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I respect their right to exist. I don't care what they do. Just don't ask me to call you a woman when you have an Adam's apple bigger than your nutsack. I won't forgo common sense for the sake of political correctness.

and by calling them the wrong thing you completely negate their identity - gender isnt a binary, its a spectrum and identifying people with their correct pronouns doesnt hurt you or inconvenience you at all so why not just respect those identities and refer to them accordingly

there's a t in LGBTQIA+, trans rights are civil rights and dead-naming or purposely misgendering is erasing their existence

flynismo

Practice Squad
and by calling them the wrong thing you completely negate their identity - gender isnt a binary, its a spectrum and identifying people with their correct pronouns doesnt hurt you or inconvenience you at all so why not just respect those identities and refer to them accordingly

there's a t in LGBTQIA+, trans rights are civil rights and dead-naming or purposely misgendering is erasing their existence

Nonsense, asking me to call someone who is clearly a man a woman offends my intellect. Like I said, I'm not going to forgo common sense for the sake of political correctness, and that's all this hogwash is.

I identify as an alpaca. I demand you refer to me as an alpaca from now on, else you are clearly transphobic. Sounds silly, doesn't it? That's because it has been very straightforward for thousands of years. If you're born XY and have a cock that hangs to your knees, you're a man. Why, to this very day, doctors still check down there to identify your sex. Now you want me to pretend you're a woman just because you put on a skirt and cut your dick off? No. That makes you a dude who wears skirts and cut his dick off. Just the way it has always been.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Nonsense, asking me to call someone who is clearly a man a woman offends my intellect. Like I said, I'm not going to forgo common sense for the sake of political correctness, and that's all this hogwash is.

I identify as an alpaca. I demand you refer to me as an alpaca from now on, else you are clearly transphobic. Sounds silly, doesn't it? That's because it has been very straightforward for thousands of years. If you're born XY and have a cock that hangs to your knees, you're a man. Why, to this very day, doctors still check down there to identify your sex. Now you want me to pretend you're a woman just because you put on a skirt and cut your dick off? No. That makes you a dude who wears skirts and cut his dick off. Just the way it has always been.

https://wqad.com/2019/03/11/male-ra...aks-female-dead-lift-record-to-prove-a-point/

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Fly for gawdsakes you only trust science for climate change NOT gender identity. Get it together man lol.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I remember seeing that...we haven't even touched upon the serious consequences this nonsense has in real life.
I'm a single dad. But how about I identify as a woman so that I can apply for financial aid and grants that are set aside for (real) women? How about I commit a crime and demand to be sent to the women's wing for a smorgasboard of female inmate ass?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ho-sexually-assaulted-inmates-jailed-for-life

Etc etc etc

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
No. You're still wrong.

Considering that currently 80% of military jobs never require you to see combat, yeah. I'd say it's really not a bad way. I've scoured other sources, but it's true. A very small percentage of these men and women actually see combat.

https://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/military-myths.html

Additionally, many of these soldiers get hired in private companies.

Only about 10% see combat. 10% in a desk job(higher up), 80% never see it.

It's a BS stereotype perpetuated by movies.

Again, you should only join for the sake of duty. Not to receive shit. That was my opinion on that. You should receive compensation for enlisting and serving, don't get me wrong.

As someone who has lived with a 9 year veteran who is 80% disabled I look at it different. Stats tell me one thing, watching him struggle monthly to get the funds for school etc is another. He served, did multiple tours and saw combat.

Could careless about movies

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

I find it much easier if someone feels different than the obvious then I shouldn't probably interact with them. It can be confusing especially if you are not aware whatever label someone wants to be called.

Fuck that lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

you realise that not all women are born XX and not all men are born xy, and that completely ignores the existence of intersex people, or people who are trans because of gender dysphoria or people with hormone imbalances etc. etc. and on top of that none of those things actually have anything to do with gender anyway...

what you are referring to is sex not gender and they are two different things and while sex doesnt necessarily operate on a binary, gender most certainly does not

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I find it much easier if someone feels different than the obvious then I shouldn't probably interact with them. It can be confusing especially if you are not aware whatever label someone wants to be called.

Fuck that lol

it's really not difficult unless you're looking to be confrontational - at worst you'll make an honest mistake and be corrected
trans and NB people arent stupid - they realise that we live in a society that has historically developed around a binary gender system and that if you present one way you may occasionally accidentally get misgendered

you can always ask how someone wants to be referred to and what their pronouns are in a similar way to how women can opt to be Ms. rather than miss or mrs...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Again, you should only join for the sake of duty. Not to receive shit. That was my opinion on that. You should receive compensation for enlisting and serving, don't get me wrong.

As someone who has lived with a 9 year veteran who is 80% disabled I look at it different. Stats tell me one thing, watching him struggle monthly to get the funds for school etc is another. He served, did multiple tours and saw combat.

Could careless about movies
I get where you’re coming from but in some instance I know of a lot of people who went to the military because they came up from nothing and it gave them opportunities.

Personally I agree with you. Should be out of duty.

But it’s a fact though. Most people in the military, even if they’re deployed don’t see combat. I want to thank your roommate, or son, etc. I feel bad, but the military is an option. I know plenty of people who get jobs after and get free college. You can’t give them back enough what they do. I also think the government doesn’t treat veterans as well as they do.

The student debt crisis isn’t as simple as snapping our fingers. The government alone isn’t going to solve it.

flynismo

Practice Squad
you realise that not all women are born XX and not all men are born xy, and that completely ignores the existence of intersex people, or people who are trans because of gender dysphoria or people with hormone imbalances etc. etc. and on top of that none of those things actually have anything to do with gender anyway...

what you are referring to is sex not gender and they are two different things and while sex doesnt necessarily operate on a binary, gender most certainly does not

So, simple question then:

If sex and gender are separate things; with sex being biological and gender being a social construct, we can very easily avoid any resentment by referring to people by their sex by default, no? In other words, lets say @Lost_In_Translation is a filthy rich man, but identifies as a poor asian woman. To call him "mister" or "sir" would be scientifically correct, and since we are using the sex rather than gender to identify people, he should have no problem with that, since that is what he is. That also avoids "misgendering" him. Since anyone can pretend to be anything they want these days, we don't have to ask every single person we meet what they are, we already have a standard to go by (their sex). And yes of course, there are the rarities, the intersex, who we would deal with like we always have (i.e. stare at them awkwardly when they aren't looking and let them clue us in to what they are during conversation).

Now see, look at that. I just saved us all a lot of trouble and hard feelings, and all it took was...well, to do what we've been doing for thousands of years already?

JO_75

Hall of Famer

This is the chair of our finance committee. What a beaut she is huh. Doesn't even know who controls student loans.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/10/maxine-waters-goofs-grilling-banks-student-loans/

If this doesn't show anybody how inept our govt is. 154 billion in 2009 to 1.1 tril in 2017 and now I believe it is 1.6 tril today. Yes lets let govt fix govt fuckups. I mean who better to do it? Right.

Right now community colleges and trade schools are extremely affordable but 4 yr colleges are sky high but yet the teachers/guidance counselors push students to these schools. You know that's where you make the big dollars. Gotta get that masters or at least that bachelors. Far as I'm concerned if you're dumb enough to sign for a 25% intersest loan to major in arts or bisexual Asian studies then God bless you. That was your [profanity deleted] choice but no it's better we just throw more tax money at the situation. Its always the liberal answer cuz we're a bunch of piss poor low life human beings that cant make decisions so the govt must do this for us. Fuckin pisses me off!!! Freedom is not free!!!!

There was a bill passed in the 90's under Clinton for student loans which provided major incentive to the banks but I'd have to look it up to get complete info but that's what got this ball rolling.

Ah yes, good old Maxine. One of the reasons California is in the shape it's in. Nancy being the second reason, ok maybe they are 1A and 1B when it comes to why California is so terrible.

The debate was very disappointing last night. I haven’t seen that many clowns since the circus was in town.

Trump is going to win again in 2020 because the Dems keep pushing out terrible candidates to go against him. I see the media has already chosen to hitch their bandwagon to Kamala Harris, seeing so many articles about how well she did.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Ah yes, good old Maxine. One of the reasons California is in the shape it's in. Nancy being the second reason, ok maybe they are 1A and 1B when it comes to why California is so terrible.

Trump is going to win again in 2020 because the Dems keep pushing out terrible candidates to go against him. I see the media has already chosen to hitch their bandwagon to Kamala Harris, seeing so many articles about how well she did.
Why doesn’t Donald Trump wear glasses? Because he already has 2020!........lol.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why doesn’t Donald Trump wear glasses? Because he already has 2020!........lol.

wow.jpg

@Lost_In_Translation talks about my jokes lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, simple question then:

If sex and gender are separate things; with sex being biological and gender being a social construct, we can very easily avoid any resentment by referring to people by their sex by default, no? In other words, lets say @Lost_In_Translation is a filthy rich man, but identifies as a poor asian woman. To call him "mister" or "sir" would be scientifically correct, and since we are using the sex rather than gender to identify people, he should have no problem with that, since that is what he is. That also avoids "misgendering" him. Since anyone can pretend to be anything they want these days, we don't have to ask every single person we meet what they are, we already have a standard to go by (their sex). And yes of course, there are the rarities, the intersex, who we would deal with like we always have (i.e. stare at them awkwardly when they aren't looking and let them clue us in to what they are during conversation).

Now see, look at that. I just saved us all a lot of trouble and hard feelings, and all it took was...well, to do what we've been doing for thousands of years already?

it would be alot easier to not speak to that person then purposely trying to make them understand that you are correct and they are wrong.

trust me, it's much easier on you this way.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nike was releasing special 4th of July American themed shoes this week with the Betsy Ross American Flag on them but a certain QB who couldn't beat us in the Super Bowl told Nike it was offensive and now Nike is pulling the shoes. So Colin, are you sure it wasn't about the flag cause it sure seems like it.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/national/nike-cancels-shoe-featuring-early-version-of-american-flag

i mean its not the american flag though - the betsy ross flag is a relic of a bygone racist era

and its not like Kaep publicly vilified them or anything it sounds like he just privately made an argument about why the shoes might be problematic given the flag's association/appropriation by white supremacist/racist elements of US society and nike of their own accord have made the decision to not make them

as an aside - seems like a weird novelty idea to celebrate with

flynismo

Practice Squad
i mean its not the american flag though - the betsy ross flag is a relic of a bygone racist era

and its not like Kaep publicly vilified them or anything it sounds like he just privately made an argument about why the shoes might be problematic given the flag's association/appropriation by white supremacist/racist elements of US society and nike of their own accord have made the decision to not make them

as an aside - seems like a weird novelty idea to celebrate with

Literally NOBODY in this country associated the flag of our original 13 colonies with racism until yesterday.
I really don't want to hear about how it is some "relic of a bygone racist era" from a person who probably has never even set foot on our soil. This is just Kaepernick and the rest of the insane SJWs making shit up so that they can pretend to be offended and victimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.