• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Literally NOBODY in this country associated the flag of our original 13 colonies with racism until yesterday.
I really don't want to hear about how it is some "relic of a bygone racist era" from a person who probably has never even set foot on our soil. This is just Kaepernick and the rest of the insane SJWs making shit up so that they can pretend to be offended and victimized.

Selective Outrage is what is killing this country. Like this thread of tweets below where there was no outrage because Obama was President and you can't blame him for anything. While now it's ok to hate on the same thing because the left can blame Trump.

https://twitter.com/brandondarby/status/1146045973535309825

flynismo

Practice Squad
Selective Outrage is what is killing this country. Like this thread of tweets below where there was no outrage because Obama was President and you can't blame him for anything. While now it's ok to hate on the same thing because the left can blame Trump.

https://twitter.com/brandondarby/status/1146045973535309825

Today's left is a steaming pile of shit. By my very nature, I'm a liberal. But the left has gone so far looney tunes, by today's standards I'm considered "alt-right" by some.
My point is...They are too busy eating themselves alive and tearing each other apart that they will not be back in power for a long time. So fuck 'em. Let them nutjobs continue to make fools of themselves.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm willing to let the Dems filter themselves out, at this time no one took Trump seriously(He hadn't even announced his candidacy) and look where we are now. I think the big curve ball is the peaking economy and how long that lasts, does the next recession happen during 2020 or does it hold off a bit? I think it is coming regardless(they always come eventually and we are in the latter stages of the economic cycle) but how soon is still up for debate.

As a Fiduciary Investment Advisor I follow the economic strength indicators among market indicators on a regular basis. This is the most recent report.

CIGNX (Economic Strength Indicator)

CIGNX is our indicator for determining the health of the United States economy and the chance of an upcoming recession. A recession is two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth; thus, it is impossible to know with 100% certainty that we are in a recession until 6 months after it has started. CIGNX aims to circumvent this 6-month delay. CIGNX gives us a measure of the strength and trend of the U.S. economy on a scale of 0% to 100%. Anything above 50% is a positive trend; anything below is a negative trend. When the reading dips below 40%, a recession may be nearing and our models would be adjusted accordingly. It is used as an input for managing our Dynamic and 401(k) Allocations.

CIGNX's current reading is 44.1%, which is a decrease of 0.6% from last month's revised reading of 44.7%. At various points during the month, this reading fell as low as 42% but made a slight rebound in the last week or so. The overall trend is still decidedly downwards though, so a dip below the 40% threshold may be in the cards over the coming months.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Literally NOBODY in this country associated the flag of our original 13 colonies with racism until yesterday.
I really don't want to hear about how it is some "relic of a bygone racist era" from a person who probably has never even set foot on our soil. This is just Kaepernick and the rest of the insane SJWs making shit up so that they can pretend to be offended and victimized.
The flag is clearly racist.

It has white on it.......

flynismo

Practice Squad
Why doesn’t Donald Trump wear glasses? Because he already has 2020!........lol.
This is like most of my jokes, so awful that it makes you laugh. And not laughing at the joke, but the thought that a functioning adult could come up with something so terrible. Well done sir!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
What's slippery about it? The flag was never considered racist, and it is extra annoying when a leftist from another country tries to tell me otherwise.
I'm not going to debate about whether it was racist or not, but saying he can't comment on American history because he's never been to America (which we don't know) is very slippery. Shoot, you didn't live in that time period or study all literature associated with the flag, so your opinion is invalid.

Also, the fact of the matter is that if he had come in and been on your side, you wouldn't care that he's from England. You wouldn't go, "Well, I appreciate that you agree, but this is America and you're not from here, so you can't comment."

flynismo

Practice Squad
I'm not going to debate about whether it was racist or not, but saying he can't comment on American history because he's never been to America (which we don't know) is very slippery. Shoot, you didn't live in that time period or study all literature associated with the flag, so your opinion is invalid.

Also, the fact of the matter is that if he had come in and been on your side, you wouldn't care that he's from England. You wouldn't go, "Well, I appreciate that you agree, but this is America and you're not from here, so you can't comment."

I don't need anyone on my "side", I'll argue with the entire forum if I thought I was right and everyone wrong....thought you'd know that about me after all these years B-Bird.

Whether or not he is factually incorrect is entirely the point here. It pisses me off enough when lefties here lie about things like this to further their agenda, which is why I say it is extra annoying when a foreigner does it. Don't focus so much on the "other country" part, focus on whether or not his claim is true. That's what matters.

Also, not saying he can't do anything. That is not my right or in my power to do so. He's welcome to his own opinions, regardless of how wrong they may be. I'll leave the silencing of opposing viewpoints to Google, FB, Twitter and MSM.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't need anyone on my "side", I'll argue with the entire forum if I thought I was right and everyone wrong....thought you'd know that about me after all these years B-Bird.

Whether or not he is factually incorrect is entirely the point here. It pisses me off enough when lefties here lie about things like this to further their agenda, which is why I say it is extra annoying when a foreigner does it. Don't focus so much on the "other country" part, focus on whether or not his claim is true. That's what matters.
Again, I do not care whether or not he's liberal or whether or not he's wrong. Let's get off that subject entirely.

The issue for me, and still is, acting as if he isn't capable of speaking on the topic because he's from a foreign country. That's a moronic thing to argue and is a very slippery slope.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Again, I do not care whether or not he's liberal or whether or not he's wrong. Let's get off that subject entirely.

The issue for me, and still is, acting as if he isn't capable of speaking on the topic because he's from a foreign country. That's a moronic thing to argue and is a very slippery slope.

Once again, I never said he isn't capable of speaking on a topic because he is a foreigner.
But since you brought it up, it is painfully obvious that he is out of touch with American culture. And this is one of my biggest problems with people today. Facts seem to take a backseat to feelings now. You should care whether he is right or wrong, not whether or not it was rude of me to say he isn't allowed to speak about our country (which I never even said or implied in the first place).

Last edited:

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Once again, I never said he isn't capable of speaking on a topic because he is a foreigner.
But since you brought it up, it is painfully obvious that he is out of touch with American culture. And this is one of my biggest problems with people today. Facts seem to take a backseat to feelings now. You should care whether he is right or wrong, not whether or not it was rude of me to say he isn't allowed to speak about our country (which I never even said or implied in the first place).
I really don't want to hear about how it is some "relic of a bygone racist era" from a person who probably has never even set foot on our soil.

That's basically saying keep your ideas to yourself because you aren't from here. You're instantly invalidating what he says on the premise that he isn't from here.

No, I shouldn't care about whether he's right or wrong because I don't particularly care about this topic (why Nike pulled their shoes), but yes, I should care about your attitude toward him because this is a thread that's meant to be inclusive and open to every person who wants to chime in, not only for the American population and that's a fast way to get it shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.