• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lots of other companies are open on Sunday though and why can't people take off during the week? Wouldn't Sunday be busier than Monday?

Na, for everyone one Sunday that we actually get alittle busy there are 15 of them where we might see one person. Banks aren't open on Sundays which makes special financing difficult since we can't get in touch with anyone anyways.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they should be closed on Sunday then everybody should be closed. Maybe it has something to do with the title and liscensing. Seems odd.

It's a law that is somewhat tied to religion by allowing everyone to worship on that day without interruption.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Build a wall as high as the sky and the coke will still fall from the sky.

Oddly enough.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Build a wall as high as the sky and the coke will still fall from the sky.

Oddly enough.

3FAEFA31-2D3D-4F68-90E2-C26A7644F7E0.png

Attachments

• 707D43B4-53D3-4F23-BB04-1AAA7B9F6C1E.png
    707D43B4-53D3-4F23-BB04-1AAA7B9F6C1E.png
    652 KB · Views: 221

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I think the main point of the wall is to funnel the people towards specific points, particularly, ports of entry. It's also supposed to provide the BP agents with better security.
I think it's a common misconception that a lot of people have; the wall isn't meant to be the be all, end all. It's just another cog in the security system. A vital part, but still just a part of it.

Yeah I'd be fine with it as a speed bump that holds them up a bit and alerts border patrol who can get there and respond pretty quickly.

I think a lot do talk it up as something thay can stop the flow of drugs into the U.S. though. Read up on the El Chapo trial if you haven't as they break down how a lot of the drugs get into the U.S.,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-e...kings-of-a-14-billion-drug-empire-11550011564

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Na, for everyone one Sunday that we actually get alittle busy there are 15 of them where we might see one person. Banks aren't open on Sundays which makes special financing difficult since we can't get in touch with anyone anyways.
Ah that would make sense then

I still don't think it needs to be a law but it doesn't sound like business owners are complaining too much about it.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Yeah I'd be fine with it as a speed bump that holds them up a bit and alerts border patrol who can get there and respond pretty quickly.

I think a lot do talk it up as something thay can stop the flow of drugs into the U.S. though. Read up on the El Chapo trial if you haven't as they break down how a lot of the drugs get into the U.S.,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-e...kings-of-a-14-billion-drug-empire-11550011564

No doubt, a lot of people on one side thinks it is going to stop most or all of the drugs/illegals coming in; and people on the other side assume that's what it's purpose is and then say that it won't work.

Personally, I want it there because the agents say that it would help them tremendously, and would also keep them safer. All the reason I need personally. But I also like the idea of what it represents. It is a reminder that we are a sovereign nation and to be respected, and that it is a privilege to come here, not some intrinsic right or entitlement.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ah that would make sense then

I still don't think it needs to be a law but it doesn't sound like business owners are complaining too much about it.

It's one of those things that goes unnoticed. There are dealerships that force salespeople to work 6 12 hour shifts weekly. They are too greedy for their own good. They stay open because the next guy stays open. There is a reason turnover is highest in this industry.

Sometimes, it feels as if government should step in because if left alone people get taken advantage of.

You could always quit I guess lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
As much as I would like for Bernie Sanders to eliminate my student load debt, I know there has to be a catch to it. If he wants free schooling and stuff, who is going to end up paying for it? I'm all for finding a way to make it easier on people who want to get a degree in their career choice but giving away school for free? Someone is going to end up paying for it.... IE Taxpayers.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as I would like for Bernie Sanders to eliminate my student load debt, I know there has to be a catch to it. If he wants free schooling and stuff, who is going to end up paying for it? I'm all for finding a way to make it easier on people who want to get a degree in their career choice but giving away school for free? Someone is going to end up paying for it.... IE Taxpayers.

Is the answer tax more? Or is it to find out where exactly our taxes are going and allocating money elsewhere?

Tank

Hall of Famer
What would paying off the loans say to all of the people that have sacrificed over the years and faithfully paid off their loans? Or the folks that worked hard at jobs to pay for their education while attending classes? Or the parents that sacrificed to put their kids through college? How do they get reimbursed?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I just think it's funny that the people trust the government, who caused the student loan crisis, to fix the student loan crisis.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
It’s never too early to learn that the government is a greedy piglet that suckles on the tax payers tete until they have sore, chapped nipples.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I’ll say this - the USA has one of the least affordable college systems in the world - even if you don’t believe it should be free you must understand that the cost of going to college in the USA is basically hamstringing an entire generation with debilitating debt

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chicago is making weed legal on Jan 1st while San Francisco is putting in a bill to ban all sales of E-Cigarettes. It's interesting no candidate has said they would make weed legal nationwide but also I do like the fact it is being left to the states to legalize it themselves.

I’ll say this - the USA has one of the least affordable college systems in the world - even if you don’t believe it should be free you must understand that the cost of going to college in the USA is basically hamstringing an entire generation with debilitating debt

We need to do something, it's ridiculous that in order to make our dreams happen we have to go into debt for so many years to make it happen. Even then, there are people who go to school for something and get a loan, go into debt and never end up finding a job in their field they studied for making the time, the debt and degree all worthless.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Yes, we understand that. We live here after all. What is the solution that doesn't involve raising everyone's taxes?

flynismo

Practice Squad
Way off topic and random....but isn't it "interesting" that the people who complain about cultural appropriation if you wear a sombrero on Cinco de Mayo the same people who call you names for thinking that a man that dresses as a woman is....a man that dresses as a woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.