• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made you change your mind?

I like certain things about him, he has no filter so youre going to hear exactly what he thinks, I like the new trade deal with Canada and I like that we're addressing Chinas push for global influence.

Everything else I dislike, the constant lying, the posturing, the inflammatory divisiveness etc, its a fairly long list of stuff I would have to overlook. That said I would reconsider if we score a major win against China.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really it seems like quite the big thing when people seem to talk about "constant lying" from our president. When you compare it to other presidents like Clinton,Obama and the Bush's you can come up with a whole plethora of "lies". So when we say this Obama was a "constant liar" too. Besides his biggie his sayings of cops are stupid, fast and furious and so much shit that came out against the 2nd amendment were bold faced lies. And there's more. I mean really what is Trump constantly lying about? If you want to talk about exaggerations/stretching the truth I could go on and on and on about past presidents. Yes I've heard Trump lie but it damn sure isn't any worse than them 4 and it would have been worse on them if they were tweeting while in office.

It must be the hip thing to say he's "constantly lying" besides him being racist and the best one...…...drum roll please...……...a coward. Lmao.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Yeah it's hilarious listening to the media portraying him as any more dishonest than any other politician.
Sometimes he is full of shit. Sometime he exaggerates. But if you believe that he has really told over 10k lies according to Snopes (a left-biased "fact checking organization"), then I have some waterfront property in Timbuktu to sell you.
These fact checkers are the same clowns that called it a lie when Trump said that there were enough cheeseburgers to reach the moon (in reference to feeding a college sports team burgers at the White House) and called it "partly true" when Trump said that 1 in 3 women are raped during the journey when crossing the border illegally (one in three equates to 33%, that actual percentage was 31%).

I try to avoid Trump coverage if its not about major issues, hes way overexposed and attacked by the media but he bring it on himself. That said I'm far more interested in what happens with China

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really it seems like quite the big thing when people seem to talk about "constant lying" from our president. When you compare it to other presidents like Clinton,Obama and the Bush's you can come up with a whole plethora of "lies". So when we say this Obama was a "constant liar" too. Besides his biggie his sayings of cops are stupid, fast and furious and so much shit that came out against the 2nd amendment were bold faced lies. And there's more. I mean really what is Trump constantly lying about? If you want to talk about exaggerations/stretching the truth I could go on and on and on about past presidents. Yes I've heard Trump lie but it damn sure isn't any worse than them 4 and it would have been worse on them if they were tweeting while in office.

It must be the hip thing to say he's "constantly lying" besides him being racist and the best one...…...drum roll please...……...a coward. Lmao.

He is an asshole when he does not have to be.

Tank

Hall of Famer
He is an asshole when he does not have to be.
True, and he was an asshole before elected. That’s just who he is, but he’s still the President. While it’s anyone’s right to disagree with him, or dislike him he should not be attacked the way he has been, especially by the media and other elected officials. In fact it seems like most of his asshole isms are counter attacks.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Britain just passed a bill to ask the EU for an extension to the Brexit date (essentially blocking a no-deal Brexit). Looks like they're going to an election, pending a couple of motions that look pretty comfortable.

Conservative MP Phillip Lee crossed the floor (defected) while Boris Johnson was speaking, costing the government its majority. Eight others joined the opposition bloc for the vote.

If Donald got upset by his Greenland offer being called "absurd" by the Danish Prime Minister, he'd love a PM Jeremy Corbyn.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
True, and he was an asshole before elected. That’s just who he is, but he’s still the President. While it’s anyone’s right to disagree with him, or dislike him he should not be attacked the way he has been, especially by the media and other elected officials. In fact it seems like most of his asshole isms are counter attacks.

I agree with you, however he literally brings heat to himself by antagonizing when he really does not need to do so. I don't like my president punching down. It just looks weird. I mean it doesn't hurt to look into things before speaking on it.

Case and and point with Hurricane Dorian and saying that Alabama was going to get affected. Bro...what?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree with you, however he literally brings heat to himself by antagonizing when he really does not need to do so. I don't like my president punching down. It just looks weird. I mean it doesn't hurt to look into things before speaking on it.

Case and and point with Hurricane Dorian and saying that Alabama was going to get affected. Bro...what?
Well yeah? All those folks in FLA are headed west into Alabama. lol

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler

Even more rich considering all the stuff republicans said about Obama. Just par for the course for these hypocrites, I just feel bad for the ones who can't see that both sides are doing this

Inqui

Pro Bowler

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Want to know why you should never vote democrat again? It was revealed that Angels Pitcher Tyler Skaggs died of overdose, had opioids and alcohol in his system. The Angels then used the hashtag #RIP45 on Twitter and every leftist on Twitter are tweeting out how they thought it meant Trump had died and are upset that the hashtag wasn't about Trump dying and him still being alive. Then I go through the hashtag and all the tweets and there are some vile people wishing death on him, mad that he didn't die, some saying how they would be happy and celebrating if he did, etc.

Those people are enough for anyone to vote red the rest of their lives. Hate to say it but they need to realize the democrats are doing a terrible job with candidates. Hillary was a terrible candidate despite what the media wanted people to believe and the ones they are trotting out now are just as bad.
Yeah, I know it's crazy. It's like the right wingers never did anything similar, like call Obama Satan, wish death on Obama, make effigies of Obama and burn them. It's really actually insane to me how one side of the political spectrum can act so vile and the other is totally civilized at all times.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It isn't hard to go find stupid tweets by people on the opposing side. Dumb tweets are everywhere, it isn't breaking news unless you never go on the site
You have to be severely ignorant, and heavy emphasis on severely, to think that NOTHING like this has ever come from the right side of the political spectrum.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yeah it's hilarious listening to the media portraying him as any more dishonest than any other politician.
Sometimes he is full of shit. Sometime he exaggerates. But if you believe that he has really told over 10k lies according to Snopes (a left-biased "fact checking organization"), then I have some waterfront property in Timbuktu to sell you.
These fact checkers are the same clowns that called it a lie when Trump said that there were enough cheeseburgers to reach the moon (in reference to feeding a college sports team burgers at the White House) and called it "partly true" when Trump said that 1 in 3 women are raped during the journey when crossing the border illegally (one in three equates to 33%, that actual percentage was 31%).
PolitiFact was another big one that went really harsh on him, so it's not exclusive to one site (not that anyone should reasonably think this.) However, one thing that each of these sites actually does is back up everything they say with research and links articles or quotes from experts and cites all their findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.