• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see Dave Chappelles new standup? that shit was funny, brutally honest and required. Ive had time to watch a lot of coverage from both sides about him and honestly it just shows how out of touch some outlets are, if rotten tomatoes has him at 0% for critic scores and 99% for audience scores then that tells you everybody left and right felt like they need that shakeup. Everyone is tired of bullshit in politics and tired of PC politics.
I saw the routine and I also saw the bit about the disparity between critics and audience scoring on rotten tomatoes. Idealogues have a hard time accepting humor, if their "team" happens to be the butt of the joke.

I thought it was brilliant how he baited his own crowd on multiple occasions. "I hate guns" (applause) ... "but I own a whole bunch of them ... I just hate feeling like I have to own them". He's always been a really a brilliant comic IMO.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Comedy is about making fun of life.

stevie_johnson-1.jpg

flynismo

Practice Squad
I dont really like any of the Democrat candidates, I dont mind Yang for the most part but I dont think UBI works in the long run.

UBI is something we can talk about if the day ever comes when automation causes mass unemployment. Until then...it's just nonsense he is spouting to get attention...

UBI is something we can talk about if the day ever comes when automation causes mass unemployment. Until then...it's just nonsense he is spouting to get attention...

Manufacturing is already becoming a relic, we cant compete with China but our workforce has been moving towards services anyway, that is until they build androids that can replace everything people can do in which case i'll file for divorce, take my UBI and sex android and be on my way.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Manufacturing is already becoming a relic, we cant compete with China but our workforce has been moving towards services anyway, that is until they build androids that can replace everything people can do in which case i'll file for divorce, take my UBI and sex android and be on my way.

Doesn't look like you're keeping up with data.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thanks for elaborating

Just look up how many manufacturing jobs have been created under Trump. Steel plants that have been down for over a decade have reopened for instance. Just one example but there's many. When Obama famously quoted that "You would need to have a magic wand to bring back manufacturing jobs" well I guess Trump had one stashed in his bag of tricks.

Trust me but not during one dem debate have I heard them talk about fixing the economy. Its just about free stuff cuz you have "rights". Right now there's over 7 mil unfulfilled jobs.

Just look up how many manufacturing jobs have been created under Trump. Steel plants that have been down for over a decade have reopened for instance. Just one example but there's many. When Obama famously quoted that "You would need to have a magic wand to bring back manufacturing jobs" well I guess Trump had one stashed in his bag of tricks.

Trust me but not during one dem debate have I heard them talk about fixing the economy. Its just about free stuff cuz you have "rights". Right now there's over 7 mil unfulfilled jobs.

Ah ok you mean the 25% tariffs on chinese steel, that was good for our manufacturers initially but it has since slowed because demand drops and we dont buy cars during a trade war. To me trying to artificially control global markets is an interesting experiment but ultimately Im a believer in free trade, we simply cant match China on manufacturing but we could lead the 4th industrial revolution.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

If he means it, is it really nonsense he is spouting for attention?

He makes some valid points, I'd like to hear a concise argument against it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If Trump was smart(which he isn't) he would take Bernie's College For All Act and make it happen under him as part of his rah rah campaign speeches for next year. Bernie just won't get the primary selection because the Dems would rather put all their eggs into terrible baskets like Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren. Plus, it would be a big get if he took that idea as a way to get the young voters to vote for him.

It's been in progress for all that to happen. Companies all over are trying to find ways to eliminate humans that they don't have to pay. Even McDonalds is looking into having robots that run their deep fryers and having voice activated drive thrus in order to boost production. Bye Bye entry level jobs from McDonalds, Domino's is looking into automated delivery drivers to eliminate the human aspect of the delivery portion. The company I work uses Robots to boost production but even then, there is still the human aspect of running the robot and fixing any issues. It's coming, it's nowhere close to causing mass unemployment but by the time we are all dead everything will be automated.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ah ok you mean the 25% tariffs on chinese steel, that was good for our manufacturers initially but it has since slowed because demand drops and we dont buy cars during a trade war. To me trying to artificially control global markets is an interesting experiment but ultimately Im a believer in free trade, we simply cant match China on manufacturing but we could lead the 4th industrial revolution.

No I mean tax cuts and deregulation. This graph below shows the car sales since I had to check. Its pretty topsy turvy anyway way its looked at so it looks like the trade war has done nothing. In a good economy people buy.

untitled.png

Also leaving the link

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/total-vehicle-sales

If you believe in free trade then all tariffs should be eliminated. Correct. Trump wants absolutely no tariffs.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he means it, is it really nonsense he is spouting for attention?

He makes some valid points, I'd like to hear a concise argument against it.

Higher taxes on hardworking people which means that check actually causes us to lose. Another govt program that creates dependency. We do have welfare. Do they get to double dip?

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Wouldnt UBI increase inflation? I think people would work less and the cost of goods and services would increase.
I am not a huge fan of it honestly, just have too many concerns. How is the stuff getting paid for? Your inflation concern. Slippery slope to communism? I don't think that type of thing will pass anytime soon though as Republicans will be very much against it but Yang is no Hillary Clinton. It won't be that easy for Trump to defeat him if he wins the primary

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Nancy Pelosi: "What's more serious is that he can't win, that is very serious."

So basically she admits that this whole thing is that they don't like Trump and therefore believe that is a legit reason to call for impeachment. She is also saying that she wants to take away the people's right to vote because they are afraid of losing again. Just remember, we are in this mess because the democrats couldn't handle the results of an election. Found an article from 2016 where Trump was asked if he would accept the election results if he loss and Hillary said.... "This is how Donald thinks, and it's funny, but it's also really troubling. That is not the way our democracy works," Clinton said. "He's denigrating and talking down our democracy. I, for one, am appalled that somebody who is the nominee of one of our two major parties would take that kind of position."

Weird how now it's the democrats who are talking down our democracy and refusing to accept results of an election and the way our democracy works. How much more hypocritical can the democrats get?

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/will-trump-accept-election-results-2016-debate-230038

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Senate has unanimously passed bill to force release of whistle blower complaint. I'd have a hard time believing any transcripts released by the Trump administration are unaltered though. I mean this is the administration that altered a weather map to defend the president's statement of a hurricane on twitter and doctored video of the Acosta incident. If you lie about the small things, it doesn't really build trust with the bigger stuff.

That said, the Democrats are far from impartial as well. Both sides care more about themselves than the country at this point and the media is playing the part. If someone is trying to tear this country apart from the inside, they are doing a fantastic job of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.