• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trump announced at his rally in Michigan that Ford will invest nearly $1.5M in two Michigan assembly plants bringing near 3,000 jobs to Detroit.

Dems looking more and more stupid by the minute...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...higan-as-part-of-new-uaw-contract-11576612129

I'm sure CNN is all over this story lol. Hell we're exporting American rice to China. Just like the Ravens he just keeps on winning.

trump-dressed-as-a-boxer.png

JO_75

Hall of Famer
US Economy receives it's highest ranking in nearly 20 years.

Overall, 76% rate economic conditions in the US today as very or somewhat good, significantly more than those who said so at this time last year (67%). This is the highest share to say the economy is good since February 2001, when 80% said so.

Almost all Republicans (97%) say economic conditions are good right now, as do 75% of independents and 62% of Democrats. Positive ratings are up across parties compared with August of this year, when 91% of Republicans, 62% of independents and 47% of Democrats said the economy was in good shape.

Looking ahead, nearly 7 in 10 expect the economy to be in good shape a year from now (68%), the best outlook in CNN polling since December 2003.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/20/politics/cnn-poll-economy-2020-matchups/index.html

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I can understand you not liking Trump but the complete bashing that is constantly doled doesn't make me think you are a leftist. Just blind to anything he does that is a positive since you've never once noted it and are only worried about tweets. I noticed you didn't say anything about what he's done for veterans or his backing of law enforcement. I'm hoping you agree with him on these things but the thing is you just cant admit it and that's the thing. What he has said on the campaign trail he has done his damn best to deliver so when you say he is fake I have to question it. You don't have to like him but he's not fake.

If you haven't understood by now why I bash the Dems then you never will. As I said when I redid my CDL back in 17 I decided to change from independent to republican and really the only reason I did so was so I can vote in the Republican primary in 20 then I probally will revert back. Do you not see the direction that party is taking? I voted for Trump and yet now according to them I'm part of a cult getting dogwhistled at. Do I actually need to list down the crap they want to do when they was talking during the debates? When you talk about the deficit is it really the tax cut? What about their ideas? The true thing is we have to reduce spending but who is giving up what. Its doesn't matter whats cut there's gonna be sqwauking. Whats really really needed is a downsizing of the federal govt and a flat tax. Right there downsizes the IRS but a lot of depts can also be shuttered like the Dept of Education for instance. Every state itself already has a dept of ed so why federal? 10th amendment. Reducing the spending doesn't just require shutdowns of social services even tho there needs to be drawback there also.. Why am I talking about this? Citizenship (immigration), The Constitution (the rule of law), less taxes and less govt is where I stand. Dems used to stand for this but now they're not for none of this

So when you say I need to convince you to vote for Trump. No I don't. Convince yourself and look at the big picture.

The big picture frankly is that he is in large part responsible for dividing this country. This country hasn't been divided this much since the civil war. You call Trump a counterpuncher(for someone who is so willing to switch out of the Republican party post 2020, I hear a lot of far right talking points coming from you. I have my doubts) but all he is doing is throwing gas on that fire. The divide in this country is the biggest problem and yet here he goes instead of trying to bring people together, he is stooping down to the level of the democrats. He even made the track of a hurricane into a big controversy, like come on. And I say this because the divide in this country and the alternate realities that people on the extremes are living in are the biggest problem in this country. When democracy dies, truth is the first casualty. Sorry if I am thinking about more than what is right in front of me.

You talk a lot about the good things that are happening, to be frank, they would all be happening under Pence or Biden or even a blind orangutan. That's why I don't bring most of them up. You think the tax cuts don't happen under Pence? You think we would be in recession under Hillary? I don't think you understand much about the power of the federal reserve.

If the FBI and CIA are as corrupt as you guys all say they are, why has it taken nearly 3 years to get to where we are now? They are under the executive branch. Maybe instead of playing golf(I thought he wouldn't have time for that?), Trump should manage the executive branch a bit better if so much corruption and an entire deep state are hiding under him. Then he doesn't have to go to Ukraine in the first place.

The most ironic part of what you are saying is that I was one of those people saying to give Trump a chance post 2016. I already have evaluated him. I am asking you to convince me if you really like him so much because frankly I have already tried to while giving him the benefit of the doubt. If this is the best you can do then frankly it isn't good enough and is pretty telling. The only reason I am even responding to your posts at this point is that I was wondering if there was something I was missing.

You all want to tell everyone to be optimistic and that things are great. If they were, there wouldn't be so much unrest in this country. The truth is that my life is pretty good right now but there is a difference between how things are personally and the state of this country. And I am not going to be willfully ignorant or lie to myself about things. I am not some softie who needs to be in a safe space because I can't handle the truth. And the truth is what I said in my last post, neither of these parties care about the country anymore. Either that or they are impossibly incompetent to the point where you have to wonder how they got in power in the first place.

So there you go, not a single mention of his tweets which I understand have certainly increased in number recently.

As for impeachment since I know that is a subject on this thread that I have missed, there is no way 67 senators vote to remove Trump. The guy could shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and I doubt he would lose a vote in there. That would be a stupid coup attempt by the democrats who I think are just appeasing their far left peers and whining more than anything else so they can say they did something. But if Trump is so innocent then he should testify himself. But in a post truth world, who knows what the real story is at this point.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The big picture frankly is that he is in large part responsible for dividing this country. This country hasn't been divided this much since the civil war. You call Trump a counterpuncher(for someone who is so willing to switch out of the Republican party post 2020, I hear a lot of far right talking points coming from you. I have my doubts) but all he is doing is throwing gas on that fire. The divide in this country is the biggest problem and yet here he goes instead of trying to bring people together, he is stooping down to the level of the democrats. He even made the track of a hurricane into a big controversy, like come on. And I say this because the divide in this country and the alternate realities that people on the extremes are living in are the biggest problem in this country. When democracy dies, truth is the first casualty. Sorry if I am thinking about more than what is right in front of me.

You talk a lot about the good things that are happening, to be frank, they would all be happening under Pence or Biden or even a blind orangutan. That's why I don't bring most of them up. You think the tax cuts don't happen under Pence? You think we would be in recession under Hillary? I don't think you understand much about the power of the federal reserve.

If the FBI and CIA are as corrupt as you guys all say they are, why has it taken nearly 3 years to get to where we are now? They are under the executive branch. Maybe instead of playing golf(I thought he wouldn't have time for that?), Trump should manage the executive branch a bit better if so much corruption and an entire deep state are hiding under him. Then he doesn't have to go to Ukraine in the first place.

The most ironic part of what you are saying is that I was one of those people saying to give Trump a chance post 2016. I already have evaluated him. I am asking you to convince me if you really like him so much because frankly I have already tried to while giving him the benefit of the doubt. If this is the best you can do then frankly it isn't good enough and is pretty telling. The only reason I am even responding to your posts at this point is that I was wondering if there was something I was missing.

You all want to tell everyone to be optimistic and that things are great. If they were, there wouldn't be so much unrest in this country. The truth is that my life is pretty good right now but there is a difference between how things are personally and the state of this country. And I am not going to be willfully ignorant or lie to myself about things. I am not some softie who needs to be in a safe space because I can't handle the truth. And the truth is what I said in my last post, neither of these parties care about the country anymore. Either that or they are impossibly incompetent to the point where you have to wonder how they got in power in the first place.

So there you go, not a single mention of his tweets which I understand have certainly increased in number recently.

As for impeachment since I know that is a subject on this thread that I have missed, there is no way 67 senators vote to remove Trump. The guy could shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight and I doubt he would lose a vote in there. That would be a stupid coup attempt by the democrats who I think are just appeasing their far left peers and whining more than anything else so they can say they did something. But if Trump is so innocent then he should testify himself. But in a post truth world, who knows what the real story is at this point.

You really have to clarify my "far right talking points". Is it cuz I want smaller govt? Less taxes? Believe in the Constitution? Want legal immigration? Believe in law and order and respect my flag? Believe in self dependence? If that's far right color me guilty.

An example of "far right"

I could also show you Clinton and Obama clips about their "far right" thoughts on immigration

When we talk about dividing idk I remember all kinds of riots happening under the previous administration. Guess we was all dancing in the tulips and singing kum-ba-ya before the divider in chief came to town. I blame a lot more on other factors besides Trump when it comes to division putting it mildly. Media narratives and Trump hating instigations. Restudy the history if you believe this is the worst since the Civil War. Its been a constant problem. Its just faaaaaaar from Trump being the root cause of what goes on today.

Also I have to touch on the comment you made that Biden,Pence,Hillary or a blind orangutan would still be getting the same results as Trump. Really??? You cant be serious.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is that not technically an unsanctioned act of war?

No. You only need Congress for a declaration of war. A good previous case to look at would be the assassination of Anwar Al-Awlaki an American citizen that happened under the Obama administration. The president is the commander in chief and sometimes you have to make split second decisions and there was no time to thoroughly go thru a process to involve Congress. I'm sure the intel was well known but Congress (the intel section) will be briefed and given whatever resources that were acquired to justify why what happened,happened. I don't know the answers but apparently there was knowledge of attacks that were going to happen against Americans and Israel and other allies and this guy was the mastermind. The QUDS are designated as a terrorist operation. Also a major problem has been leaks to the press therefore the secrecy. Thing is something had to be done with the seizure of oil tankers, the destruction of an oil fields in Saudi Arabia, the storming and attempted takeover of an embassy (MAJOR) amongst other things. You can only embolden so much and the US had to show some unpredictability.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ya know, Iran for years now has pulled one stunt after another, and followed with “if the US does anything about this, there will be grave consequences!”

can someone tell me how the US are the bad guys for killing a fucking spearhead figure of a state sponsored terrorist organization, after he orders an attack on a US embassy which is by all accounts an attack on US soil?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ya know, Iran for years now has pulled one stunt after another, and followed with “if the US does anything about this, there will be grave consequences!”

can someone tell me how the US are the bad guys for killing a fucking spearhead figure of a state sponsored terrorist organization, after he orders an attack on a US embassy which is by all accounts an attack on US soil?

Because anything Trump does the left hates and tries to make into a bad thing. Like right now people are trying to say by doing what he did, Trump will start WW3 ignoring what you said like they never ordered an attack to start with. If Trump did nothing about it, they would be getting on him for not fighting back, etc. Trump is in a lose lose situation regardless of what he does. Obama had the leaders in the white house back in 2011 and not a single word from the media or anyone. It's really beyond ridiculous at this point the length the left and the main stream media will go to smear Trump despite all the good that has come since he has been in office in 2016.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because anything Trump does the left hates and tries to make into a bad thing. Like right now people are trying to say by doing what he did, Trump will start WW3 ignoring what you said like they never ordered an attack to start with. If Trump did nothing about it, they would be getting on him for not fighting back, etc. Trump is in a lose lose situation regardless of what he does. Obama had the leaders in the white house back in 2011 and not a single word from the media or anyone. It's really beyond ridiculous at this point the length the left and the main stream media will go to smear Trump despite all the good that has come since he has been in office in 2016.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/27/congress-still-not-specifically-authorizing-islami/

Heard about this on FOX news this morning. Its an older article.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Left: Apologizing to Iran for what Donald Trump did.

People in Iran: Celebrating the fact Trump killed Soleimani.

It's nuts that people in America are mad and upset at Trump for what he did, while the country he attacked is celebrating. Use this hashtag on a Twitter search, and you'll understand why Iran is celebrating.

#IraniansDetestSoleimani

Charm City

Pro Bowler
The Left: Apologizing to Iran for what Donald Trump did.

People in Iran: Celebrating the fact Trump killed Soleimani.

It's nuts that people in America are mad and upset at Trump for what he did, while the country he attacked is celebrating. Use this hashtag on a Twitter search, and you'll understand why Iran is celebrating.

#IraniansDetestSoleimani
It's important to parse which Iranians are commenting. Many of the Iranians in America came here around the time when the Ayatollah took control over the country so they view that whole regime as evil. The Iranians there may not feel the same way. They aren't a monolith.

Charm City

Pro Bowler

It's less about who they killed and more about the process behind it. We killed the leader of a country on the soil of a different country without consulting Congress, who needs to be informed of every military action before it happens

JO_75

Hall of Famer

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Praying that our military personnel and civilians in Iraq were saved from the missile attacks from Iran. May God bless them and keep them safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.