• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Since when can former presidents take credit for the current president's economy? Obama tweeted out that the Recovery Act he signed eleven years ago paved the way for "more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history." Trump of course did his usual tweeting and argued against this.

What I find so odd is that even though we may have more jobs, unemployment at a 50 year low, etc that the minimum wage in the US is still stuck at a very low $7.25 an hour. I know some states pay more than that on their own but they aren't making any money and are stuck at working multiple jobs in order to get by due to the wage staying where it is.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-22_16-24-56.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-22_16-24-56.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 233

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand that we have to have a freedom of the press and all that, but ummm......yo New York Times, what the fuck is this shit?

https://twitter.com/search?q=new york times taliban&src=typeahead_click

Just an "unbiased" paper letting an austere religious scholar speak. One of these days I hope people figger it out. I'm hearing Putin is now trying to help Bernie win the democratic nomination. Of course they want the communist to win. But here's how they spin it. The Russians want Bernie to win so Trump can win. And guess what. It'll be believed. I'm telling you if somebody would've wrote a novel 20 yrs ago about the state of our govt with the TDS it would've been the greatest fictional book evah!!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since when can former presidents take credit for the current president's economy? Obama tweeted out that the Recovery Act he signed eleven years ago paved the way for "more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history." Trump of course did his usual tweeting and argued against this.

What I find so odd is that even though we may have more jobs, unemployment at a 50 year low, etc that the minimum wage in the US is still stuck at a very low $7.25 an hour. I know some states pay more than that on their own but they aren't making any money and are stuck at working multiple jobs in order to get by due to the wage staying where it is.

Yet if you watch CNN they'll say the economy is not doing good lmao and tbh wages have been rising lately. Thing is if you reset the minimum wage the price of goods would just go up and more taxes would get taken out of your check (more money for the govt?). Look thru history. It pretty much goes hand in hand.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The signs are witty but Bloomberg himself isn't. Just seems like he has no character but whats really funny would be the hypocrisy of people who berate Trump for certain things but will turn and vote for this man. If he wins the nomination watch how the media will prop him on a pedestal. I mean the things he said about industrial people and farmers. All you have to do is plant a seed or turn a crank!!! While tech people have to think and go thru gray matter. And there's just so much more.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Just an "unbiased" paper letting an austere religious scholar speak. One of these days I hope people figger it out. I'm hearing Putin is now trying to help Bernie win the democratic nomination. Of course they want the communist to win. But here's how they spin it. The Russians want Bernie to win so Trump can win. And guess what. It'll be believed. I'm telling you if somebody would've wrote a novel 20 yrs ago about the state of our govt with the TDS it would've been the greatest fictional book evah!!

So holdup... we've gone from Russia helping Trump to Russia helping Bernie? So the Democrats just going to accuse Russia of everything when they don't get their way?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Tbh we should credit the fed with the current economy.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So holdup... we've gone from Russia helping Trump to Russia helping Bernie? So the Democrats just going to accuse Russia of everything when they don't get their way?

Oh yeah.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...is-trying-to-help-bernie-sanders-in-2020-race

Lot of side stories if you're interested in digging deeper. Its Russia Hoax 2.0 against Trump lol.

Think about it. Trump runs strongly on capitalism, has rebuilt our military, has made us the #1 energy producer (Oil,natural gas), has sent Ukraine multiple weapons while Sanders would do completely the opposite. It shouldn't take rocket science to figger out who Russia would love to have as president. I mean during Obama yrs we had the Russian reset button, sold them 20% of our uranium rights and Obama was overheard on a hot mic telling a Russian official he'd have more flexibility after the election. I mean come on "Who likes who". You could even go back to the Wikileaks dumps where its widely considered a Sanders campaign manager named Seth Rich who got brutally murdered in an unsolved crime is the one that leaked the info to Assange. All the leaks that occurred happened during either before or during the democrat primary. The Durham report is going to be the shit if we ever find out anything about Crowdstrike who Trump brought up in his infamous talk with Ukraine. They are the ones who supposedly have all this info on the DNC hacks that everybodys claiming Russia did.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tbh we should credit the fed with the current economy.

Lot of truth to this since the Fed dropped the rate to 0% the whole time under the Obama admin except the last quarter where they raised it 1/4%. Kind of funny since that's when Trump was president elect. The economy got a little better after the 1st 2 yrs after Obama election cuz the Repubs took over the house purse strings and then another 2 yrs passed and the Repubs took the Senate. Nobody talks about that. Who had the last 4 yrs of control during Bush's last 4 yrs? That's right...….

The economy now under Trump has a lot to do with him cuz of corporate tax breaks and relaxation of regulations to keep it short. Lets just say the Dow has went up 65% under Trump which is astronomical.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bernie won Nevada, dems are freaking out because Bernie is winning over their preferred candidates and Trump congratulated Bernie on winning and said the dems are treating him unfairly.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol BREAKING: Mayor Pete Buttigieg is dropping out of the race for president, according to Politico

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Joe Biden is the sacrificial lamb in 2020 for the Democrats it seems. That should make for interesting debates with Trump.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe Biden is the sacrificial lamb in 2020 for the Democrats it seems. That should make for interesting debates with Trump.

Yep looks like Biden is it after his great Super Thursday wins....errrr I mean Super Tuesday. He's going to be a great candidate for the Senate....errr I mean president. What state am I in??? In a bad "state" of mind Joe. Yeah talk about mental health. Let me introduce you to a lying career political hack..... Xi Jinping's puppet and everybody elses......Joooooeeeeee Bidennnnnnn!!!!! The racist things he has said, the sexist things he has done, the quid pro quos and basically bowing down to foreign powers. Everything Trump is accused of Joe has done. Yet the media and liberals will defend him and portray him as a champion. Talk about the hypocrisy that is gonna be in full view.

Bring it on!!!

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Lmao, Biden can't even tell the difference between his sister and his wife.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Eminem's wordplay is still on point, I see. Check out one of his songs called Darkness which is about the heinous Las Vegas shooting (and gun control laws).

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So whats really causing the problems today? Is it the actual coronavirus or is it the panic that is being caused by multiple sources but especially the media? Below is an article about the swine flu that swept the nation in 2009-10.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-flu-usa-idUSN1223579720100212

Pretty eye opening stuff when on avg 61 mil americans got infected while on avg 12.000 died. What made this even worse was it infected and killed children and younger adults at an alarmingly high rate. The coronavirus is more deadly towards the elderly. But yet the overreaction to the coronavirus...………….. but yet nothing like this with the swine flu? Or Zika. Or SARS. Just to name a couple. People have already gotten better and barely even felt sick in some cases while with the swine flu your ass was sick.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So whats really causing the problems today? Is it the actual coronavirus or is it the panic that is being caused by multiple sources but especially the media? Below is an article about the swine flu that swept the nation in 2009-10.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-flu-usa-idUSN1223579720100212

Pretty eye opening stuff when on avg 61 mil americans got infected while on avg 12.000 died. What made this even worse was it infected and killed children and younger adults at an alarmingly high rate. The coronavirus is more deadly towards the elderly. But yet the overreaction to the coronavirus...………….. but yet nothing like this with the swine flu? Or Zika. Or SARS. Just to name a couple. People have already gotten better and barely even felt sick in some cases while with the swine flu your ass was sick.
My wife and I talked about this just yesterday - something definitely doesn't add up. Either they are not telling the entire story about this particular virus or there is something unrelated to virus to cover up with a bigger, manufactured story.

Should we soon expect reports of any deceased waking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.