• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It doesn't pay to underestimate the risk of the second wave just because the lockdowns are being lifted in places. It doesn't mean the virus has been eradicated, it just means they have room for people in hospitals again.

death-chart.jpg

That's the Spanish flu death toll over time, and you can see where people started to decide they couldn't be bothered with lockdowns anymore. And how well that worked out.

Honest question but do you at all believe there are side effects from the lockdown ie suicide, financial failure and loss of dreams, rising of opiod use, starvation/poverty? Is this not important? You know damn well there's gonna be a 2nd wave and we know who it actually kills. I mean we've been thru several diseases like the Hong Kong Flu ( racist name btw right ) and have never reacted like this which has to make anybody wonder if there is undertones to all of this.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honest question but do you at all believe there are side effects from the lockdown ie suicide, financial failure and loss of dreams, rising of opiod use, starvation/poverty? Is this not important? You know damn well there's gonna be a 2nd wave and we know who it actually kills. I mean we've been thru several diseases like the Hong Kong Flu ( racist name btw right ) and have never reacted like this which has to make anybody wonder if there is undertones to all of this.

IF deaths because of these reasons were made common and mainstreamed like covid 19 you'd call suicides and poverty and pandemic.

Attachments

• 99123277_10159775964493146_7609069361306796032_n.jpg
    99123277_10159775964493146_7609069361306796032_n.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 137

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here is the sad truth. more people have died from suicide since febuary than covid 19 has killed people. Diabetes, Heart disease and cancer?
the ratio is 1000-1 ( any of those vs covid 19 solely)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
IF deaths because of these reasons were made common and mainstreamed like covid 19 you'd call suicides and poverty and pandemic.

suicides and poverty aren't contagious - and they definitely arent contagious enough that they have a doubling rate of 3 days when unabated

it's also important to mention that we do actually (in most countries) have systems in place that are supposed to mitigate suicides and poverty albeit in your country and my country those systems are pretty poor

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
suicides and poverty aren't contagious - and they definitely arent contagious enough that they have a doubling rate of 3 days when unabated

it's also important to mention that we do actually (in most countries) have systems in place that are supposed to mitigate suicides and poverty albeit in your country and my country those systems are pretty poor

Why are you so scared of contagious diseases if you're a healthy person? Your body is fighting pathogens every second of your life. It's your responsbility to take care of your body and let it fight battles.

Stop living in fear and following the corporate narrative

the fear of death is the beginning of slavery

this is not a deadly virus whatsoever!!!!!! I feel like pulling my hair out!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stop acting like you're so precious that a virus/viruses have no right in biology.

humans, tourists in nature...

it's quite sad really. We're so A.I based in our intelligence and look at this world, it's become A.I in every sense.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why are you so scared of contagious diseases if you're a healthy person? Your body is fighting pathogens every second of your life. It's your responsbility to take care of your body and let it fight battles.

Stop living in fear and following the corporate narrative

the fear of death is the beginning of slavery

this is not a deadly virus whatsoever!!!!!! I feel like pulling my hair out!
Not a deadly virus? lmao

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a deadly virus? lmao

NO! it's not!! it's a joke!!! If it were deadly the average deaths in a country over the last few months would be above the average per annum/monthly over the last 10 years

news flash..NOT THE CASE IN ANY COUNTRY! ITALY, USA, SPAIN, UK, CHINA etc!!!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is making me so angry but whatever, maybe humans aren't ready to see beyond the veil. Well, a lot are seeing it but the sheeple are still strong in their numbers.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Stop acting like you're so precious that a virus/viruses have no right in biology.

humans, tourists in nature...

it's quite sad really. We're so A.I based in our intelligence and look at this world, it's become A.I in every sense.

please stop espousing eco-fascism...

you can be disappointed in the way that humans have treated the planet and also care about the deaths of people
people dont need to die for nature to thrive

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is making me so angry but whatever, maybe humans aren't ready to see beyond the veil. Well, a lot are seeing it but the sheeple are still strong in their numbers.

if you think you're angry - think how angry your unsourced and unproven conspiracy theories are making us... some of us are key workers who see and feel the impact of this virus on an almost daily basis and you're just showing off a distinct lack of empathy for human lives

at this point sami, you're just telling on yourself

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
if you think you're angry - think how angry your unsourced and unproven conspiracy theories are making us... some of us are key workers who see and feel the impact of this virus on an almost daily basis and you're just showing off a distinct lack of empathy for human lives

at this point sami, you're just telling on yourself

Believe what you want to believe. Fascism has been running your lives from the get go and i'm trying to wake people up to the reality that the narratives you're buying into are brainwashing you into believing that this virus created the issues. No the media response and the governments following corporate narratives has created the impact you see

not the virus

I've sent you plenty of papers, links and videos

You're just not ready to see and re-contextualize this world.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Of course there are side effects. Most of these come back to the strength of other parts of the country's infrastructure and in the following years, the countries we all say "XYZ handled this really well" will be the ones that acted decisively against the virus but also had these complementary systems in place. Aside from the death toll, this coronavirus is and will continue to expose a lot of systematic problems that a lot of countries have. I remember a financial analyst quipped a couple of years ago that a rising tide lifts all boats, but equally when the tide goes out we also see who's been swimming naked. To these side effects you mentioned, the tide's going out. As it always does in one way or another. These effects are genuinely terrible and I hope you'll be here in the future talking about how to bolster the related systems.

What's more costly is doing nothing. Sweden's already had 396 deaths per million, compared with neighbouring Denmark's 97, Finland's 55 and Norway's 43 (and Iceland's 29 just to round off the Nordics). And despite their geographic advantages, their fire's still burning while Denmark, Norway and Iceland are looking to reopen. Even a 1% death rate means there can easily be a million deaths in the US if you do nothing. If you look at the abnormal death rates around the world, the coronavirus death rates are probably being underreported if anything. And all of that says nothing about the impact on hospital capacity (we all saw how quickly many systems have been overwhelmed - swimming naked) and the flow-on effects from that (doctors not being able to see people for other stuff, a generation of medical staff getting PTSD for life, and so on) or the disability rate (remembering that this is a disease that goes after your lungs, so a significant amount of people who recover have health issues down the line).

Even the idea that the only people who die are the ones who are old and/or have preexisting conditions (I think that's what you're implying by "we know who it actually kills" so correct me if I'm misreading that) misses the point. 25% of global deaths have been people under 65 to date, which is still statistically significant. But that also doesn't take into account the other effects I mentioned. There isn't a dichotomy between the economy and fighting the virus. Iran and Brazil have famously tried to ignore the virus in the name of protecting their economy and look how it's working out for them. Let this coronavirus run rampant and those side effects you mentioned come back into the picture anyway.

The difference between this virus and the other recent ones has been how much it spreads. People got symptoms before becoming contagious, so they could take a bit of time off. We're only a matter of weeks removed from getting a first-hand lesson in how exponential growth works and people have forgotten it already.

Lockdowns have been a proven strategy all around the world since at least the time of the Black Plague. All I'm saying is that it's not crazy for the Michigan governor to keep it gong for a couple more weeks.

Reactions: cdp
Status
Not open for further replies.