• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's a load of bullshit from you again.
It is 100% racial issue.

Come on man there was rocks and bottles and all kinds of stuff thrown at the police and they're looting and burning businesses to the ground while the other one was a peaceful protest. Open carry is a law in Michigan.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
making racism the media reason is beneficial for government. It suggests that it's not the proffesion but the person
NOPE, being a cop constitutes being anti freedom, racism is a distraction from full blown corruption of upholding the foundation of ALL evil
Statism.

it's another useful distraction and maintains and re-enforces divide and conquer paradigms in society.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If it were up to me, I'd try him in a state where the death penalty is an option. He is a monster in the truest sense of the word. Man it was revolting in so many ways to see that man's life being choked out on TV.

Sad thing is that this is happening all the time and most of the time it's not even in the news.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
If it were up to me, I'd try him in a state where the death penalty is an option. He is a monster in the truest sense of the word. Man it was revolting in so many ways to see that man's life being choked out on TV.

He's still has the right to due process. He better be charged with 1st degree murder. For the life of me I cant think of a smidgen of a reason for this. 8 fucking minutes in a situation thats totally controlled. And the SOB was so brazen knowing he was being videotaped.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Come on man there was rocks and bottles and all kinds of stuff thrown at the police and they're looting and burning businesses to the ground while the other one was a peaceful protest. Open carry is a law in Michigan.
Let's say black protesters armed themselves with legal AK-47s and marched and entered Minnesota or any other state house.
What is he next thing that will happen?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let's say black protesters armed themselves with legal AK-47s and marched and entered Minnesota or any other state house.
What is he next thing that will happen?

There was a lot of armed black men during the Virginia rally. Everybody got along checking each others guns out. You have ex military and a lot of country boys especially on our eastern shores.

As long as your question. Keep it peaceful. You cant surmize what would happen cuz you dont know.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not relly into the political debate because its all biased and its nearly impossible to change peoples views due to how they were raised however, kapernick kneed because of situations like this yet instead of looking at his message, people found it disrepectful and was hated him for it when all he was trying to do was get people to realize whats going on..

You can say he shouldve done it a different way but other way could he have done it that would spark attention. Shoutout to kap and those who truly understand. Even if you dnt agree with his method yet it made you realized the real problem at hand, shoutout to those too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What we witnessed on that video was cold blooded murder. Deliberate murder. That dude should be sent to Alabama and tried for first degree murder there and sentenced to death by choking if you ask me. You can't have a small sub set of dirty cops sully the name of police that is doing great work elsewhere, but this shit has got to stop. Can you imagine how many of these acts go unreported because nobody is shooting a video?

unfortunately more and more i would say it doesnt seem to be that small of a subset

and if it is - then why do police forces continue to protect these "bad apples"?

when a police officer does something unjustified and his fellow officers do nothing - they are also bad police officers... they are complicit

and police forces that protect these criminals are also complicit

so suddenly its not really a small subset but a whole system

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
unfortunately more and more i would say it doesnt seem to be that small of a subset

and if it is - then why do police forces continue to protect these "bad apples"?

when a police officer does something unjustified and his fellow officers do nothing - they are also bad police officers... they are complicit

Yeah, bloody orchard is rotten.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

This is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. To me, it's simple, good cops should've condemned his behavior if indeed it was detrimental to the community they're "serving." The fact that he's still employed tells me a lot about this particular police department.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. To me, it's simple, good cops should've condemned his behavior if indeed it was detrimental to the community they're "serving." The fact that he's still employed tells me a lot about this particular police department.

exactly... good cops shouldnt defend bad cops - if they do then they're not good cops because they're protecting criminals/predators and not the community they harm

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

They fired him right away and there have been a lot of police still working and retired who have condemned this and say this not taught as procedure.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

How is anybody protecting these bad apples. By making sure mob rule doesnt run rampant?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
exactly... good cops shouldnt defend bad cops - if they do then they're not good cops because they're protecting criminals/predators and not the community they harm
Which typically leads to the usual answer of "it's all about the brotherhood." Look, I get it. They're a family unit, etc., etc. Cool. But when the "brotherhood" becomes more important than the COMMUNITY, that's when I'm gonna have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.