• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sometimes when you see what's happening and you look at how this world has really operated from day 1 and you realize that nothing has really changed...I look to this and take a step back, smile and laugh on, because lifes too short to change something which isn't ready to be changed. Say your peace, be your peace and laugh on

do no harm but take no shit.

Attachments

• 70830692_2420154231593343_3995397630661230592_n.jpg
    70830692_2420154231593343_3995397630661230592_n.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 138

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
See you never ever ever been targeted so just wouldnt understand. You never got pulled over and had vice jump out their car with their guns out before you could even stop your car. Never had them make trayvon martin jokes at you. Never had them question you for being on a mostly white school campus and thinking you were tresspassing. Where i grew up, ive seen everythinng happen so nothing scares me, yet when i get pulled over by a cop, i make sure im where everyone can see me.. can you imagine that lol? Having to risk getting additional charges like resisting arrest cause youre at risk of possibly dying.

After everything ive seen and been through, i still dont go around blaming people nor do i sit around and call everyone racist ,however i am very very good at reading and observing people........ i know not every cop is racist but to think we arent targeted because of our skin color is just ignoring reality.

You can only control your awareness and take ownership of the truth. The truth tends to be lonely and unpopular

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will say this though

you're fighting the establishment ( government, elitists such as soros, gates, rockerfellers etc)
but not the following, they are only symptomatic responses/creations
racism
terrorism
drugs
poverty

they are the clues, you need to see them in a different context

they are the byproduct of their divide and conquer strategies
lift the veil and turn your attention to them ( elitists/corporations/government/statism etc)
they have created the conditions for these things to happen
and love every second of it

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Sometimes when you see what's happening and you look at how this world has really operated from day 1 and you realize that nothing has really changed...I look to this and take a step back, smile and laugh on, because lifes too short to change something which isn't ready to be changed. Say your peace, be your peace and laugh on

do no harm but take no shit.
Tbh i think it will change. Probably not now, but slowly it will. A 20yr old has a lower chance at growing up not being a racist than her grand parents did lol

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Having said all that we should have drafted Gronk in 2010. Not because he's white and with a brain the size of a single fish egg but because...

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am posting this here because this man was a true gentleman who gave a lot to the children of Southwest Baltimore. I was proud to have met this awesome man. Rest in Peace Wes Unseld....you did Baltimore City Proud!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I was just told that I am no longer allowed to use the term "looters." From now on they are to be referred to as "undocumented shoppers."

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
See you never ever ever been targeted so just wouldnt understand. You never got pulled over and had vice jump out their car with their guns out before you could even stop your car. Never had them make trayvon martin jokes at you. Never had them question you for being on a mostly white school campus and thinking you were tresspassing. Where i grew up, ive seen everythinng happen so nothing scares me, yet when i get pulled over by a cop, i make sure im where everyone can see me.. can you imagine that lol? Having to risk getting additional charges like resisting arrest cause youre at risk of possibly dying.

After everything ive seen and been through, i still dont go around blaming people nor do i sit around and call everyone racist ,however i am very very good at reading and observing people........ i know not every cop is racist but to think we arent targeted because of our skin color is just ignoring reality.
I'd flag this post a winner but it certainly does not sound like you are winning.
Yet.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I was just told that I am no longer allowed to use the term "looters." From now on they are to be referred to as "undocumented shoppers."
Unrelated, but back in the day a friend of mine got a job pumping gas. He called himself a fuel flow technician.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
actual truth
taxation is theft

Attachments

• 101704007_10157492169958940_1645195713883144192_n.jpg
    101704007_10157492169958940_1645195713883144192_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 133

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is that rhetorical question?
No it wasn’t, if he’s claiming so strongly to be one of the good cops, I wanna know if he would follow orders here and tear gas and rubber bullet crowds of people simply exercising their first amendment.

if @cobrajet would carry out these orders like the rest of these departments are, then no he is not one of the good cops.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I will try to answer a few questions. I have not been dodging anything just very busy. Someone asked about tear gas or mace. This stuff is wussie crap. Most of it is just smoke, and this gas and pepper spray now a days is nothing. When the police don't have gas masks on you know it is weak as hell. The CS and CN gas we had back in the day was the shit. It would kick our ass. Back in 1968 the national guard would shoot that shit out of there flame throwers. Nothing to be scared of today.
That’s beside the point, if you’re doing that to a peaceful protest you are violating our constitution. Period.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't get me started on Eric Holder. I can't stand that man. Before he gets all the facts he runs right to Michael Brown's family, meanwhile Officer Wilson, who was is a fight for his life - suffering a broken eyesocket is left high and dry. What a piece of shit. Talk about some bullshit made up racist cop hoax there.

I will stand with you on Rodney King, that gentleman who was choked out in NYC selling cigarettes on the street, and George Floyd, but Michael Brown and Freddie Gray were not racist cops committing any crimes and those riots were bullshit!
I agree on mike brown, but Freddie Gray was clearly taken for a rough ride that resulted in his death and the fact that such a concept even exists is why the riots happened in the first place.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I agree on mike brown, but Freddie Gray was clearly taken for a rough ride that resulted in his death and the fact that such a concept even exists is why the riots happened in the first place.
You are entitled to your own beliefs but it did not happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.