• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Considering he named the team the Redskins, removing his statue is just the beginning, now Snyder change the team name. You've have the "Washington Warriors" trademarked for over a decade, use it.

More Info: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...owners-statue-removed-rfk-stadium/3221610001/

"This symbol of a person who didn’t believe all men and women were created equal and who actually worked against integration is counter to all that we as people, a city, and nation represent," Events DC chairman Max Brown and CEO Greg O'Dell said in a joint statement. "We believe that injustice and inequality of all forms is reprehensible and we are firmly committed to confronting unequal treatment and working together toward healing our city and country."

Marshall was the last NFL owner to integrate his franchise's roster, as he refused to sign Black players after other teams began doing so in 1946. In 1961, the situation rose to the top levels of the federal government, with then-Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy and Interior Secretary Stewart Udall threatening to revoke the lease on D.C. Stadium, which was built on federally owned land, unless Marshall added a Black player in 1962.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interestingly the only reason they couldn’t fire him was because of the incompetence with which they hired him - created a bizarre loophole
What kind of apple would this one be?

It is a very sustained and coordinated effort by white supremacists/nationalists to infiltrate police cadres everywhere. It's not all of them, but there are just enough of them to wreak havoc on black lives. There needs to be a thorough weeding out of these people sooner rather than later.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It is a very sustained and coordinated effort by white supremacists/nationalists to infiltrate police cadres everywhere. It's not all of them, but there are just enough of them to wreak havoc on black lives. There needs to be a thorough weeding out of these people sooner rather than later.
Nah, it's not only racism.

There are droves of obviously mentally ill employed by police. Check this - LOT of them thinking now of resigning because they can't do whatever they want anymore???????? Yeah, I said it before and I repeat:

FUCK THIS POLICE

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I hope this guy sues the entire police department for this. This is why I say we need to start putting officers who use excessive in jail for 25 years to life. That will stop this quick, not being able to go home to their families when pulling disgusting acts like this will teach them a lesson.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

and all that after they denied mail-in voting and left ONE voting station open for the largest county in Kentucky populated predominantly by black folk.

How is this level of an embarrassment possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.