• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know who's behind zerohedge. Their finance articles are bearish I know but you're telling me to demonetize them because of that? You could ban a lot of newspapers because they spread misinformation.

1) there's a difference between deliberately spreading hate or creating content that is harmful and misinformation (not that i like misinformation either)
2) these outlets arent being banned, they are just having their ads demonetised - if they are valuable to certain people then they will be able to gather funding from other avenues

there is a difference between having a right to say whatever you want (which they do) and a right to be heard - google pulling ads does nothing about that first point

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Congrats Georgia, you just set DUI/DWI Laws back 1000 years. This is basically saying, you can drive drunk and get away with it. This DA is ignoring the fact he already was drunk, drunk enough to think he was in a location he was actually far away from. This also means you can now resist arrest and get away with it. You can fight and punch police, and get away with it. In the video, officer clearly states he is being arrested so this DA is lying even before he lies in the court. Any person who has lost loved ones or friends due to drunk drivers should be furious, they are saying drunk drivers' lives matter more than the person they injure or kill.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mainstream Media arguing over what to talk about.......

NPDG1mt.gif

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Congrats Georgia, you just set DUI/DWI Laws back 1000 years. This is basically saying, you can drive drunk and get away with it. This DA is ignoring the fact he already was drunk, drunk enough to think he was in a location he was actually far away from. This also means you can now resist arrest and get away with it. You can fight and punch police, and get away with it. In the video, officer clearly states he is being arrested so this DA is lying even before he lies in the court. Any person who has lost loved ones or friends due to drunk drivers should be furious, they are saying drunk drivers' lives matter more than the person they injure or kill.
STFU and stop lying.
He was not driving when he was MURDERED.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

no - it just means that you cant shoot people who arent a danger to you - they're not saying that people can get away with resisting arrest or committing DUI - it just means that shooting people in the back is murder...

and i dont think anyone in their right mind will take this prosecution as a sign that you can get away with these things? rayshard brooks didnt get away with these things - he was killed - not sure in what universe that means gettinga way with anything...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
STFU and stop lying.
He was not driving when he was MURDERED.

exactly - he wasnt a clear danger to anyone at that point in time - him ending up in court for DUI should have been the outcome but he wasnt presently endangering anyone's life by resisting arrest and at the point he was shot in the back he was running away

running away (especially in the opposite direction to his vehicle) is not endangering anyone's life and so the officer who shot him should be charged with murder - for an unlawful killing

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Something tells me these Democratic Governors and Mayors are in for a major wake up call when they lose their re-election bids. Trying to control the people is not going to work.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Something tells me these Democratic Governors and Mayors are in for a major wake up call when they lose their re-election bids. Trying to control the people is not going to work.

Are you serious? The reason the death toll isn't vastly greater is because of the restraint they've shown and the use of masks. At least I think wearing a mask is respecting your fellow American. I can't imagine why that is thought of as controlling anybody...

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

But he's seen as speaking Gospel with his audience of hard core right wing and ultra right wing viewers/supporters. But, once you take him to Court and there is real liability, (reality sinks in that he may go to jail or go broke for spreading lies and misinformation and fanning flames of racism and hatred) and then the truth comes out! There is so much misinformation being spread by Fox, FB Ads and OANN these days it's hard to imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.