• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Browns

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
CJ mosley. You want to be the highest paid LB in the league?

0 interceptions
0 FF
0.5 sacks

Feel free to make a start on sunday.

still shouldnt be anywhere near the highest paid.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
CJ mosley. You want to be the highest paid LB in the league?

0 interceptions
0 FF
0.5 sacks

Feel free to make a start on sunday.

still shouldnt be anywhere near the highest paid.

Pro bowl numbers!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We haven't been this healthy since 11.

And I feel like this should count as a full season for Jimmy.

No jinx...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is a game where I think Brandon Williams is a liability and the same with Brent Urban. Not having that dominant interior rusher vs the likes of bitono and zeitler will hurt us. All our guys are very good run stoppers but baker is elusive and if he has time ( with their RG and LG that's possible) we'll be picked apart.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
special teams needs to make up for it's debacle in the first game. It would not shock me if the game ball ( should we win) would go to special teams.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I could be the only one here, but a botched mesh point in the RPO is something I feel should fall on the RB, the RB has a responsibility to stay loose on the ball until the QBs hands are gone, the qb is the one making the read, he determines where the play goes, the back is already locked in on a gap at the mesh point while the qb is scanning a portion of the field where he has multiple paths.

This also only happens with gus, it hasn’t happened with Collins or Dixon or Buck since lamar became the starter, this very well could be a case of gus clamping down too early and trying to secure the ball while lamar is trying to pull back.

@RavensMania posted a link in the chargers game day thread with a comprehensive breakdown of the chargers game on offence and brings up early in the piece the fumble issue

The writer’s suggestion is that it’s a combo of Lamar wanting to read for too long and that creating a sense of unease in gus at the mesh so the timing is off and his hold isn’t loose enough

We’re not using the zone-read so much in recent weeks though - we only had 4 zone-read plays the whole game and only 2 RPOs on top of that

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is a game where I think Brandon Williams is a liability and the same with Brent Urban. Not having that dominant interior rusher vs the likes of bitono and zeitler will hurt us. All our guys are very good run stoppers but baker is elusive and if he has time ( with their RG and LG that's possible) we'll be picked apart.

Watch edgar’s Michael pierce video and watch how he dominates - teams literally can’t leave him singled vs the pass or run

He’s a destructive bowling ball on the inside and wasn’t active vs the browns the first time around

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pierce is dominant but he's a damon harrison type of dominant..he pushes guys back but he's one guy. urban and b.will are simply very good run stuffers and wormley is a JAG or above average at best.

I could be the only one here, but a botched mesh point in the RPO is something I feel should fall on the RB, the RB has a responsibility to stay loose on the ball until the QBs hands are gone, the qb is the one making the read, he determines where the play goes, the back is already locked in on a gap at the mesh point while the qb is scanning a portion of the field where he has multiple paths.

This also only happens with gus, it hasn’t happened with Collins or Dixon or Buck since lamar became the starter, this very well could be a case of gus clamping down too early and trying to secure the ball while lamar is trying to pull back.
No doubt Gus has more issues than any other RB though there was a botched exchange with Dixon v LAC where the ball didn’t end up on the ground but the play was broken and went nowhere.

Yes perhaps it was wrong for me to put this on Lamar but I do think early on when one of these occurred Harbaugh seemed to put it on Jackson. Regardless then on who it is on that has to get cleaned up because it is perhaps our greatest risk.

So Ray paid a visit to The Castle today. Can’t we find some reason to honor him this weekend? It seems like any Ray Lewis day at The Bank is a guaranteed win.