• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs Chargers Wild Card Round

Do they release the uniform colors before game day? It would be awesome if Harbs let’s the players wear the black on black uniforms. I know he’s not a fan of them, but I am and the players seem to like it from what I remember

I wasn't sure that teams were allowed to wear alternate jerseys in the playoffs, but apparently they can once. If I am to believe Wikipedia, this has only been done once. I don't care about black pants - but love the black jerseys. Let's do it!

From BR.com on the injury front -

Ravens: Tavon Young and Chris Moore are questionable
Chargers: Starting outside linebacker Jatavis Brown (ankle) is out. Starting nose tackle Brandon Mebane did not practice all week for non-injury reasons and is listed as doubtful. Henry has not yet been added to the active roster, but could play. Austin Ekeler (groin) is questionable.

"Both Mebane and Brown are big parts of the Chargers’ run defense." ... if that's true, that could be big for us. They need all the run-stopping players they can get. If we can run - just get the ball in the end zone a couple times - and we should win.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Chargers: Starting outside linebacker Jatavis Brown (ankle) is out. Starting nose tackle Brandon Mebane did not practice all week for non-injury reasons and is listed as doubtful. Henry has not yet been added to the active roster, but could play.

"Both he and Brown are big parts of the Chargers’ run defense." ... if that's true, that could be big for us. They need all the run-stopping players they can get. If we can run - just get the ball in the end zone a couple times - and we should win.

their most depleted area is their off-ball LBs... the chargers were the team that statistically the ravens fared the worst against in the running game - but a big part of that seems like it was down to lack of execution and dixon kinda being in the doghouse...

they're a smaller front than Cleveland and their game on the edge is all about crashing inside with Bosa and Ingram - I feel like they're there to be had

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Chargers: Starting outside linebacker Jatavis Brown (ankle) is out. Starting nose tackle Brandon Mebane did not practice all week for non-injury reasons and is listed as doubtful. Henry has not yet been added to the active roster, but could play. Austin Ekeler (groin) is questionable.

"Both he and Brown are big parts of the Chargers’ run defense." ... if that's true, that could be big for us. They need all the run-stopping players they can get. If we can run - just get the ball in the end zone a couple times - and we should win.

I have a friend who's a Chargers fan and he was saying the same thing. The Chargers' offense should get a boost though since Ekeler didn't play in our first game and they'll have him back. I think he could be more dangerous against us than Gordon since he's basically like another Darren Sproles.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a friend who's a Chargers fan and he was saying the same thing. The Chargers' offense should get a boost though since Ekeler didn't play in our first game and they'll have him back. I think he could be more dangerous against us than Gordon since he's basically like another Darren Sproles.
Ekeler is a big concern of mine as well. He helps a lot in pass pro too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ekeler is a big concern of mine as well. He helps a lot in pass pro too

from my experience im not sure that's actually true - Gordon is the better pass pro back I think - but maybe the lack of health is what meant he got destroyed inside a few times...

the one benefit we might have anyway is that because of how much we whipped their OL they'll have to keep backs and TEs inline and chip or help with the rush which should decrease their ability to beat us deep with the 4 wide set