• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The O-Line Thread - Wild Card Round vs Chargers

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I wonder why we were so shook to go left?

/s

Also, Schrager said though some fans were booing Lamar a lot of it was towards the playcalling. Who knows? Anyone here in attendance yesterday?

Wink is the only one who seems to be able to adjust and with our luck he's gone. Promote Engram to DC...

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
This means Marty knew their defense and still wasn't able to adjust accordingly.

“We pretty much knew what they had going on,” rookie defensive lineman Justin Jones said. “We handled our business like that.”

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh echoed Jones. When asked if the Chargers’ use of defensive backs surprised him, Harbaugh said they did nothing different on defense from their Week 16 matchup except playing their nose guard “a little bit different on a couple of gap schemes and back blocks, which we anticipated and practiced for.”

Tank

Hall of Famer
well this is a damning indictment of our coaching staff:

DwUcCGgXgAEvwXG.jpg:large

"In the last 6 weeks, on 253 total run plays, BAL has pulled their LG 73 times. The RG has pulled 0 times. They have not run Power or Counter to the offense's left a single time."

All in all with the lack of adjustment and wrinkles I'm surprised it took this long for a defence to figure out the tendencies...
Guessing it's a product of a condensed and limited playbook they had to work from.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
do you know how you negate anything? an O line that's athletic and talented enough to beat up on safteys or ILBS.

Ie Not james Hurst or Skura

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Guessing it's a product of a condensed and limited playbook they had to work from.

i dont think so - it's the fact that just from the Ronnie's stance they knew whether it was run or pass and that based off that information they basically knew the play already because we literally never power ran to the left side

unless our playbook literally only had 4 plays (which would be ridiculous) in it then it's a playcalling issue

Tank

Hall of Famer
i dont think so - it's the fact that just from the Ronnie's stance they knew whether it was run or pass and that based off that information they basically knew the play already because we literally never power ran to the left side

unless our playbook literally only had 4 plays (which would be ridiculous) in it then it's a playcalling issue
There's been a play calling issue for years, but I think it's probable the limited playbook hurt as well.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s interesting and it explains a lot because Lamar looked good once he ran two minute offense and took more control. That tells me that the tip off did have a big impact and it explains why we struggled. Sucks that something like this did us in for the year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Unbelievable and this isn't just on MM, it's on Roman and our entire offensive coaching staff and Harbaugh as well.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not against keeping Harbs, but if a team does offer us multiple 1st-round picks for him then I think we need to strongly consider it. We got thoroughly out-coached yesterday and I doubt any of the coaching staff changes unless Harbs leaves first.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not against keeping Harbs, but if a team does offer us multiple 1st-round picks for him then I think we need to strongly consider it. We got thoroughly out-coached yesterday and I doubt any of the coaching staff changes unless Harbs leaves first.
absolutely have to consider two 1st round picks. come on Fins, pony up

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we can get a few 1 and 2's for harbaugh and flacco combined
we'd be dumb not to take it

give Wink the HC job

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Being told not to post a Kodak black lost us this game. He’s a good luck charm, no matter how much of a pathetic piece of shit rapper he is

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we can get a few 1 and 2's for harbaugh and flacco combined
we'd be dumb not to take it

give Wink the HC job

Let's be real here, they would probably give the head coaching job to Marty just because of "how much he has helped Lamar develop"

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

You hope the rumor is true, and it’s not harbs and his agent spreading it to drive up the contract extension $$$ and more power.. dead lord