• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we're going to keep 6 WRs, I want

Hollywood
Snead
Boykin
Roberts
Wesley
Smith

I know it won't happen because of Chris Moore's ST play but he had enough time to prove himself as pass catcher and, apart from seldom great plays, has not shown any consistency.

replace smith with lasley and im pretty much on board - dont really mind moore over roberts if that's a choice that gets to be made though

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
hypothetically, if we dump roberts and/or bethel in place of udfa's or draft picks, do we gain back comp picks and/or are we on the hook for any money towards the cap for either?
Roberts as other's mentioned doesn't factor in. It depends when we cut Bethel, but there's a chance if we do it early enough that we get a comp pick back. Urban might net also one, but the details of his contract aren't known yet

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seth Roberts signed a 1 year deal.. like the post before me, I think the signing was more for insurance. But we loaded up on WRs. If a UDFA like juston or Wesley step up... Roberts shouldn’t be a lock.

Whatcha Guys think about L.J. Scott? I like his tape. Y’all think Gus is a lock after starting 6-7 games for us? Both were UDFAs so I mean price range, they should be similar. If L.J. balls out..
I don't think Gus is a lock. Hill is our 3rd down back per default and Dixon is the better alternative to give a 3rd back some carries. Last spot will be between Turner, Gus and LJ Scott.
Another question: has Kenny Young out of Miami OH signed an udfa contract yet ?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What are the chances Jaylen Smith actually gets reps with Lamar in training camp?

almost zero - maybe some at OTAs (purely because Hollywood likely will not be able to take part and some of the vets might not be there) but none at rookie minicamp (coz lamar wont be there), none at mandatory minicamp (because all the vets will be there), and none in training camp (smith likely plays 3rd team during camp)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Has anyone heard how much Urban got from the Titans. Trying to figure out if we get a comp pick for him. The OTC cancellation lists TBA under the salary. It also shows us with prospective 3rd and 4th round pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Roberts as other's mentioned doesn't factor in. It depends when we cut Bethel, but there's a chance if we do it early enough that we get a comp pick back. Urban might net also one, but the details of his contract aren't known yet
I doubt we cut Bethel, but losing Urban could cancel him out.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
almost zero - maybe some at OTAs (purely because Hollywood likely will not be able to take part and some of the vets might not be there) but none at rookie minicamp (coz lamar wont be there), none at mandatory minicamp (because all the vets will be there), and none in training camp (smith likely plays 3rd team during camp)

That's pretty much what I imagined which makes me question why so many are obsessing over Lamar's relationship/familiarity with Jaylen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah, just having in mind his history with Lamar.
In the end, what's the worst that can happen?
A more deserving wr doesn’t get his spot because of what ultimately amounts to nepotism. That’s the worst that could happen.

You sound like folks on the ravens FB comment section man