• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
our wr is unproven. so are our pass rushers

100% agree with that statement. However, provided who we have right now, there shouldn't be holes where we are fielding bad players, just at worst average players. I think there's a greater shot that our pass rushing unit is weaker than our wide receiving corps

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This team is 1 center and 1 inside linebacker away from being a team with no holes. The iLB spot isn't even that bad I bet. Also depending on what we do with Bozeman, C might not be too bad.
i think both young and peanut are going to be inconsistent but playmakers. peanut had a knack for making big game changing plays all year, and kenny young is gonna have frustrating moments where he gets washed and shoots the wrong gap, but is gonna very frequently make TFLs and tackle receivers short of the sticks on third down. i think one of the 2 are gonna get themselves a spot on this team long term, and the other LB spot is gonna be filled by a FA or 2020 draft pick.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think both young and peanut are going to be inconsistent but playmakers. peanut had a knack for making big game changing plays all year, and kenny young is gonna have frustrating moments where he gets washed and shoots the wrong gap, but is gonna very frequently make TFLs and tackle receivers short of the sticks on third down. i think one of the 2 are gonna get themselves a spot on this team long term, and the other LB spot is gonna be filled by a FA or 2020 draft pick.

I have more faith in kenny as a full time starter. Love Peanut as a rotation guy. Would love to bring in Zach Brown

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wouldn't really say any of these guy are heralded besides Pierce and maybe Judon assuming they play like they have been playing. Pierce will get paid about $10 mil, Judon $14 mil, Onwuasor $8 mil (he's JAG imo), Jimmy Smith will be 32 by next offseason and Levine will be 33 so they won't get large contracts.
Pierce will get more than 10m per season.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zach Brown is getting overrated on here. There's a reason he isn't signed right now. Considering our history if finding hidden gems and coaching them up, I'd rather give some of our young guys a shot than to bring him in.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If thats the offer zero percent chance he signs. He will crush that number in FA by a wide margin so why sign now?
You really think he's going to get offered more than 13 million a year by someone? Pierce is pretty good but he's not a top 10 pass rushing DT.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
You really think he's going to get offered more than 13 million a year by someone? Pierce is pretty good but he's not a top 10 pass rushing DT.

Look no further than Smith. I fully believe Pierce is about to get paid and I believe he's more deserving. Would explain why we picked up these DL. Part of the reason I was pissed we kept B Will is because I highly doubted we'd be able to keep Pierce.

I am very excited to see this team in action. Hope Roman is serious about rebuilding this offense. Want to see some new concepts. We're giving him pieces to actually craft something special.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hell probably get 8-10 per. Id keep him under 10 if we get rid of Bwill but i trust us in developing and drafting Dline man so id rather let him walk and get that comp pick so we can draft more players that will make this board meltdown

redrum52

Hall of Famer
An edge rusher with 9 sacks in a pass driven league vs a DT with zero sacks last year. He's not going to get paid as much as ZDS did.

Has a good enough pass rush and good run defender. He's also a Ravens defender. He's getting paid. I'm not saying a DT like him is getting paid OLB money, but he might not be far from it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know it's too early, this is mostly just an accounting exercise for me.

QB
1 Lamar
2 RG3
3 Trace

RB
4 Gus
5 Mark
6 Kenneth
7 Justice

FB
Could be Pat but I assume not

TE
8 Hayden
9 Mark
10 Nick

WR
11 Hollywood
12 Miles
13 Chris
14 Willie
15 Seth
16 Jordan
Looks like curtains for Jaleel

OL
17 Ronnie
18 Ben
19 Bradley
20 Marshall
21 Orlando
22 James
23 Alex
24 Matt
25 Jermaine

S
26 Tony
27 Earl
28 Deshon
29 Anthony
30 Chuck

CB
31 Jimmy
32 Brandon
33 Marlon
34 Anthony
35 Tavon
36 Iman
37 Maurice
38 Cyrus
39 Justin

ILB
40 Peanut
41 Kenny
42 Chris

OLB
43 Matthew
44 Timmy
45 Tyus
46 Jaylon

DL
47 Brandon
48 Michael
49 Chris
50 Zach
51 Daylon

WOLFPACK
54 (I know this is over)

Obviously all of those corners can't make the team plus there are going to be injuries and UDFAs plus cuts, but this roster looks freaking strong guys.

No Willie Henry?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it's too early, this is mostly just an accounting exercise for me.

QB
1 Lamar
2 RG3
3 Trace

RB
4 Gus
5 Mark
6 Kenneth
7 Justice

FB
Could be Pat but I assume not

TE
8 Hayden
9 Mark
10 Nick

WR
11 Hollywood
12 Miles
13 Chris
14 Willie
15 Seth
16 Jordan
Looks like curtains for Jaleel

OL
17 Ronnie
18 Ben
19 Bradley
20 Marshall
21 Orlando
22 James
23 Alex
24 Matt
25 Jermaine

S
26 Tony
27 Earl
28 Deshon
29 Anthony
30 Chuck

CB
31 Jimmy
32 Brandon
33 Marlon
34 Anthony
35 Tavon
36 Iman
37 Maurice
38 Cyrus
39 Justin

ILB
40 Peanut
41 Kenny
42 Chris

OLB
43 Matthew
44 Timmy
45 Tyus
46 Jaylon

DL
47 Brandon
48 Michael
49 Chris
50 Zach
51 Daylon

WOLFPACK
54 (I know this is over)

Obviously all of those corners can't make the team plus there are going to be injuries and UDFAs plus cuts, but this roster looks freaking strong guys.
Seth or Jordan. We don't need to carry 6 WR. DeCosta better cuts Justin and get a comp pick back. Canady's out too. Averett's already better. Trace is a IR stash or practice squad player at best. Henry's missing. I expect two out of Jermaine, Skura and Hurst will be cut. Don't sleep on Willis III

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seth or Jordan. We don't need to carry 6 WR. DeCosta better cuts Justin and get a comp pick back. Canady's out too. Averett's already better. Trace is a IR stash or practice squad player at best. Henry's missing. I expect two out of Jermaine, Skura and Hurst will be cut. Don't sleep on Willis III
Also dont think we keep cyrus jones. Someone else will end up returning punts. Almost guarantee it

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tbh looking at the roster now....were gonna habe some tough cuts to make. But we all know injuries will happen and theres no getting around that really. Just hopefully wont be before the original 53