• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Put your feelings aside.. respect kap for what he did on and on the sideline lol.. i dont want kap neither tbh.. i dont even want him to play in the nfl.. fk the nfl. Tbh flacco is also better version of bortles and there is no denying that.. another thing, “ garbage stats” cman man, its a 16 game season and the dude went what 16 tds and 4ints?
His passing in 2012 was arguably underrated. If you look at that Falcons game alone, when they were down 17-0, John Abraham and Co. relied on the mush rush to take away his running lanes and he made the throws in the comeback. I thought that for the first year and a half, he was a solid passer and a terrific runner. I don't know that he ever developed the touch needed to fix some of the placement issues, but he was a quality starter at the beginning of his career.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That’s an accurate assessment though. He collected those in garbage time.

He had a decent run in 2012. Then teams figured him out. He was never good.

I couldn’t give two flying fucks about him as a person, if I were an NFL GM I wouldn’t sign him to my team anyways, controversy or not. I’d rather take my chances in the draft.
he still played pretty well after that though lol.. i couldve sworn after that SB run, willia and aldon didnt play and he still played pretty well.. we traded them boldin after that SB run and put up 1k and was a top slot that season i think. either way, kap wasnt no where near a bad qb as people make it seem. it has to be the controversy that youre really upset with lol, if there was a way, id bet the odds. You wouldnt be able to sign him anyway lol.. doubt he wanna play in this wack ass lg anymore, where kneeling is a big deal and you gotta apologize for the smallest shit cause fans are sensitive and fake hurt lol...where was all this energy when our bum ass qb in flacco was literally looking like a bottom 5 qb? you keep

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
His passing in 2012 was arguably underrated. If you look at that Falcons game alone, when they were down 17-0, John Abraham and Co. relied on the mush rush to take away his running lanes and he made the throws in the comeback. I thought that for the first year and a half, he was a solid passer and a terrific runner. I don't know that he ever developed the touch needed to fix some of the placement issues, but he was a quality starter at the beginning of his career.
Thats all im saying. Not calling him
Elite or nothing. i guess the media and the kneeling done fooled everyone into thinking that kap was the worst qb in nfl, but hey theyre “ experts” and thats who the people get their facts from

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Sounds like we have a fairly large group at the East-West Shrine Game.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
he still played pretty well after that though lol.. i couldve sworn after that SB run, willia and aldon didnt play and he still played pretty well.. we traded them boldin after that SB run and put up 1k and was a top slot that season i think. either way, kap wasnt no where near a bad qb as people make it seem. it has to be the controversy that youre really upset with lol, if there was a way, id bet the odds. You wouldnt be able to sign him anyway lol.. doubt he wanna play in this wack ass lg anymore, where kneeling is a big deal and you gotta apologize for the smallest shit cause fans are sensitive and fake hurt lol...where was all this energy when our bum ass qb in flacco was literally looking like a bottom 5 qb? you keep

Back on Kaepernick, he was black balled from the NFL just like Ray Rice. Mr. Kap., what come around goes around.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
K haven't posted a ton since my combined sadness of starting up school again (1 semester of high school hell left) and the Ravens lost but we gotta try and keep this on track. Kap isn't get signed by us, no matter what his stances or his girlfriends.

I hope RGIII stays. I don't think he can get a chance anywhere else this year but I'm 95% confident Lamar will miss atleast one half of football this year (not even just his style, people forget how unbreakable Flacco was) I think RGIII will get atleast a start or two by injury and there lies his chance next year, but he won't be a starter anywhere else IMO rn.

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
I hope RGIII stays. I don't think he can get a chance anywhere else this year but I'm 95% confident Lamar will miss atleast one half of football this year (not even just his style, people forget how unbreakable Flacco was)

I agree the way the league is handling the concussion issues I expect another KC incident where he either finishes a game or goes in before half time, I'm not sold on the starting a game yet Lamar does a pretty decent job of not taking crushing blows.

He took some gringe worthy ones in the pre season though, i'm far more worried about injuries in the pocket than him scrambling for 10+ yards down the field

I dont know. Seems like others have a different opinion when it comes to Bobby Engram. I have seen scouts speak some what highly of Bobby Engram coaching. Seems like a pretty intelligent guy. I honestly dont think it was a bad move at all for Harbaugh to try and keep Marty M around. His play calling can be inconsistent but i actually think he could have been helpful as a passing game coordinator .
In terms of evaluating Engram, we have nothing else we can look at aside from the development of our WRs under his tenure. The track record is not good.

Kubiak hired as Vikings offensive adviser. In the shuffling, it doesn't seem that we have that role, since Roman was moved to OC and Marty (who may have been offered that adviser title) left. I don't see anywhere that we courted Kubiak and I thought he was going to get an OC gig somewhere.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
K haven't posted a ton since my combined sadness of starting up school again (1 semester of high school hell left) and the Ravens lost but we gotta try and keep this on track. Kap isn't get signed by us, no matter what his stances or his girlfriends.

I hope RGIII stays. I don't think he can get a chance anywhere else this year but I'm 95% confident Lamar will miss atleast one half of football this year (not even just his style, people forget how unbreakable Flacco was) I think RGIII will get atleast a start or two by injury and there lies his chance next year, but he won't be a starter anywhere else IMO rn.

I don't think there will be much of a market for RG3 so hopefully he can stay as backup. He played well in that one game that Lamar missed a quarter due to concussion protocol (Falcons game) and proved that he can run our offense effectively if/when Lamar goes out. It also seems like he's been a great mentor for Lamar so far.

Last edited:

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
In terms of evaluating Engram, we have nothing else we can look at aside from the development of our WRs under his tenure. The track record is not good.

It looks really bad on us when Perriman does nothing in his entire time here and then goes to the Browns to start showing the potential we thought he had when we drafted him. Engram hasn't developed one WR properly in his entire time here.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don't think there will be much of a market for RG3 so hopefully he can stay as backup. He played well in that one game that Lamar missed a quarter due to concussion protocol (first Chargers game I believe?) and proved that he can run our offense effectively if/when Lamar goes out. It also seems like he's been a great mentor for Lamar so far.
Rg3 did not play well at all that game lol.. not even close

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
Rg3 did not play well at all that game lol.. not even close

To be fair he wasn't thrown into a great situation either with KC pinning their ears back, and the pass to Snead I believe there was contact and a no call but it was a nice throw, the only other time we saw him was during the Raider game I think where he lead us to a FG only threw a pass or two.

Not saying he is anything special or a top flight backup but that was a incredibly minuscule size of work.

Justin Diaz-Thomas

Practice Squad
It looks really bad on us when Perriman does nothing in his entire time here and then goes to the Browns to start showing the potential we thought he had when we drafted him. Engram hasn't developed one WR properly in his entire time here.

At some point they need to see that and let him go, moving him to TE coach wasn't the answer lets hope whomever comes in can develop Jaleel Scott he has the size and muuuuccchh better Hands than Lasley did in college

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be fair he wasn't thrown into a great situation either with KC pinning their ears back, and the pass to Snead I believe there was contact and a no call but it was a nice throw, the only other time we saw him was during the Raider game I think where he lead us to a FG only threw a pass or two.

Not saying he is anything special or a top flight backup but that was a incredibly minuscule size of work.

He led us on a long, time-consuming FG drive in the game against the Falcons while Lamar was going through concussion protocol and looked pretty solid. Can't really ask much more of a backup QB than to come into the game, when needed, and hold down the fort.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He led us on a long, time-consuming FG drive in the game against the Falcons while Lamar was going through concussion protocol and looked pretty solid. Can't really ask much more of a backup QB than to come into the game, when needed, and hold down the fort.
I dnt remember that game.. thought you were talking about the game where he threw like two passes that were incomplete