• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
One thing I've always been curious about is how often teams and agents actually talk when it comes to negotiations like Mosley's that are coming down to the wire. I'm sure to some extent, Mosley's agent is playing hardball and taking this to the deadline in hopes that the Ravens will up their offer to whatever he's asking. Just, how many times are the Ravens actually in contact with his agent in a given day? Always intrigued me how stuff like this actually comes together.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
E3FC3B6C-0DC5-4600-B2AF-D66FC1987977.png
If you follow John brown’s IG, he’s answering fans questions. Said he would love to stay but they haven’t talk to him yet.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you follow John brown’s IG, he’s answering fans questions. Said he would love to stay but they haven’t talk to him yet.

Thats a shame. I'd like to keep him. Going into the FA season with only Snead and Chris Moore is daunting.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Dwayne Allen signed a 7m dollar contract. I would've let Boyle walk, sign Allen and get the comp pick or at least a player who qualifies for the formula.
You're not sure Allen would've fit well here, you don't save a lot of money and the comp pick you get is a very low one, if you get one. I prefer keeping the homegrown guy.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thats a shame. I'd like to keep him. Going into the FA season with only Snead and Chris Moore is daunting.

They drafted 2 guys last year, can we at least see what they can do before declaring the WR position (which is overrated to begin with) awful?

Taze

Practice Squad
They drafted 2 guys last year, can we at least see what they can do before declaring the WR position (which is overrated to begin with) awful?
Every year they rely on the mid-late round WRs to develop and it has never worked once though

rossihunter2

Staff Member

um no - you cant go into the year with only 4 real options at wr to even make the 53 and out of those 4 only 1 actual clear answer at the position...

you cant just hope everything will work - we only have 1 receiver on the roster with more than 500 yards for his career and the highest draft pick we have is a 4th rounder

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
um no - you cant go into the year with only 4 real options at wr to even make the 53 and out of those 4 only 1 actual clear answer at the position...

you cant just hope everything will work - we only have 1 receiver on the roster with more than 500 yards for his career and the highest draft pick we have is a 4th rounder

Its not a good group, I will admit, but I just don't know if its worth investing in an outside WR who probably will barely get the ball because Lamar is not accurate outside the numbers.

Snead and the TEs will be the weapons of the passing game even if tomorrow they got Brown or OBJ, the passing game will probably still emphasize middle of the field 5-15 yard passes which they will get open for because of Lamar.

Having Moore start outside and then either a cheap FA or either of last years picks take other spot is not the worst. Its very bad, but of all weaknesses to have WR is probably the easiest to work around.

Then again I probably think too much of Moore because I openly still believe in Perriman which could mean I suck at evaluating WRs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Its not a good group, I will admit, but I just don't know if its worth investing in an outside WR who probably will barely get the ball because Lamar is not accurate outside the numbers.

Snead and the TEs will be the weapons of the passing game even if tomorrow they got Brown or OBJ, the passing game will probably still emphasize middle of the field 5-15 yard passes which they will get open for because of Lamar.

Having Moore start outside and then either a cheap FA or either of last years picks take other spot is not the worst. Its very bad, but of all weaknesses to have WR is probably the easiest to work around.

Then again I probably think too much of Moore because I openly still believe in Perriman which could mean I suck at evaluating WRs
it would be absolutely ridiculous not to invest in a WR. Lamar will need WRs to succeed in the NFL

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don't believe John Brown's numbers would be that high. At the beginning of the season he was catching a lot of shorter passes in the middle of the field so he has shown he's just not an outside the numbers/deep guy. Really don't understand the dropoff with Lamar since he could be the perfect YAC guy.

Have to admit I forgot about the 2 guys we drafted last year.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
We picked up the option on Carr according to Field Yates. No brainer.