• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
you can speak for yourself on that one lol
Lamar is stupid lol. Has a lot of common sense. He isnt gonna sound all intellectual when he talk but trust when i say he isnt stupid. My definition of stupid is probably different from everyone elses so yea he maybe be stupid to some lol.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im pretty certain we've given houston an offer and he's waiting around to see if he can do better

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar is stupid lol. Has a lot of common sense. He isnt gonna sound all intellectual when he talk but trust when i say he isnt stupid. My definition of stupid is probably different from everyone elses so yea he maybe be stupid to some lol.

who are you comparing him to?
Jr Smith?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
our needs

hence...obvious intuition.
Ahh. I’d be pretty goddamn disappointed if they didn’t. Your number 1 goal as a GM should be to fill all holes in some capacity before the draft arrives, edge rusher, wr, and C are our 3 biggest needs and one can absolutely be filled through FA, we need the flexibility to address both in the draft.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
have to be honest and say I'm getting bored of this quiet period and I want to see our next move !

rossihunter2

Staff Member
have to be honest and say I'm getting bored of this quiet period and I want to see our next move !

something has to be coming - our roster is incredibly loaded at certain positions and is destitute at a couple of positions - like we cannot conceivably like what we have at wr or edge rusher moving into the draft and it would be irresponsible to leave both unaddressed before then

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
something has to be coming - our roster is incredibly loaded at certain positions and is destitute at a couple of positions - like we cannot conceivably like what we have at wr or edge rusher moving into the draft and it would be irresponsible to leave both unaddressed before then

I am very okay with Chris Moore starting (I might be remembering wrong but everytime I remember the ball being thrown his way he came down with it and made a huge play which is more than I could say for Crabtree all year and Brown the last 8 games). I do wonder who will be starting opposite him though because they do not really have another outside WR, but then again they did JUST draft 2 players so maybe they should be given a chance to impress.

Everyone on here swears by Lasley (I think its Lasley) and his ability to be a second-round-level player if he could stop dropping the ball which is a pretty big problem but I mean maybe they saw something they liked. I just think that between how strong the TE position is and that now the RB position is solid, that its okay to take a chance on the WR who have either flashed when given a chance or who were just drafted and need some snaps to develop.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I am very okay with Chris Moore starting (I might be remembering wrong but everytime I remember the ball being thrown his way he came down with it and made a huge play which is more than I could say for Crabtree all year and Brown the last 8 games). I do wonder who will be starting opposite him though because they do not really have another outside WR, but then again they did JUST draft 2 players so maybe they should be given a chance to impress.

Everyone on here swears by Lasley (I think its Lasley) and his ability to be a second-round-level player if he could stop dropping the ball which is a pretty big problem but I mean maybe they saw something they liked. I just think that between how strong the TE position is and that now the RB position is solid, that its okay to take a chance on the WR who have either flashed when given a chance or who were just drafted and need some snaps to develop.

um you're ok with a guy starting with 44 career receptions, and fewer than 500 yards in his entire career until now
on top of that he's had only 63 targets in the last 2 seasons total

maybe he can be the guy that john brown says he is but no way am i okay or comfortable with him in that spot at all

and even in the best case scenario we have only 5 wrs on the roster right now - willie snead and chris moore are the only ones who even made the active roster last year, we've got 2 second year players who were never active for a single game (1 didnt even make the 53) and a practice squad type player who was last on an active roster in 2017

even if they all pan out in the best way possible we are still short-handed at wr - we need to add pieces and at this point i think we have to go after that position in the draft because there's nothing left in free agency

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I may be wrong but my impression of Moore is that he regularly makes a good and important play. Accent on the PLAY not plays, since he seems to do that once per game. As soon as he gets little more playing time, he is nowhere to be seen. I don't know whether that was due to play design (Marty) or Moore's inability to get open. Just seems like he is easy for DBs to figure out. To me he is not close to starting caliber WR.