• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Did someone not tell Suggs that Ozzie wasn't leaving and he's still with us? It's odd that he says with Ozzie leaving he felt he had to go and if Ozzie stayed, he would have signed with us. Like did Eric not tell him Ozzie was still there?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Did someone not tell Suggs that Ozzie wasn't leaving and he's still with us? It's odd that he says with Ozzie leaving he felt he had to go and if Ozzie stayed, he would have signed with us. Like did Eric not tell him Ozzie was still there?
Simple, because Suggs can’t go on tv and say he’s getting paid 7m to take a retirement tour and kick it at home for a year

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope Suggs can get 7&1/2 sacks this year that will bump him from 13th to 7th all time, huge for his Hof Case. (In my eyes he’s a no brained but legacy wise itbreally does matter)

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope Suggs can get 7&1/2 sacks this year that will bump him from 13th to 7th all time, huge for his Hof Case. (In my eyes he’s a no brained but legacy wise itbreally does matter)
It'll help, but I think the SB ring got him in. He already had the awards (even dpoy over Ray and Ed). He really just needed that championship win.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i dont think even this front office could convince itself they'd fixed it

and which washed up vet are we taking because here are the options on the market right now:

• Michael Crabtree (lol)
  • Ryan Grant (lol - he's not even going to consider taking our money)
  • Jordy Nelson
  • Demaryius Thomas
  • Pierre Garcon
  • Jordan Matthews
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • Dez Bryant
  • Dontrelle Inman
  • Jermaine Kearse
not only do i see very little to like about any of those guys, they also arent really a great fit for the style of offence we likely build for lamar either...

in the recent past we might have been able to convince ourselves but most of these guys were available last year and the year before and we werent interested in any of them except grant, crabtree and dez then - and in the end dez gave up our offer (lucky break for us), grant failed a physical (lucky break for us), and crabtree (we cut him after 1 year - fortunately he didnt cost us a comp pick)
If Kearse or Inman were cut I could see them being signed to a 1 year deal. Inman is a decent route runner and I always thought Kearse was a pretty good receiver. I'd take either of those guys, but not in place of drafting a WR.

A bit sensitive aren’t we? Let’s just hope Lamar has thicker skin then you. He is going to need it. Starting QB’s in the NFL are the most scrutinized athletes in the world. He will be criticized, vilified, and be under the microscope for the remainder of his career. The best way to silence the masses is to be great. And oh yeah, don’t do stupid shit.
And there is a vast army of people dying to see him fail. We are not a widely popular team and two of our closest enemies the Steelers and Pats are. People who steadfastly believe a QB with the ability to run are destine to fail. Lots of football analysts have claimed that he will not be able to correct his deficiencies in the passing game and those guys don’t like being wrong. So every failing will have a light shining brightly on it. And since he is entering his first full season as a starter failings are something everyone should expect to some extent.

And of course there are people within his own fan base who will call him a dumbass because of his not being the most articulate dude in the league (which is not the only indicator on intelligence). So imagine what his enemies will have to say.

Oh yeah - he’s gonna need some thick skin but I think he knows that already and is hopefully prepared to let his legs and arm (and one day not necessarily in that order) do the talking.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
We gonna sign ziggy and everyone gonna start acting like he jj watt lol. Never fails!!

Unless The Ravens want to lose a comp pick then im not sure if they will sign Ziggy. I dont think Ziggy will be available by the time the comp picks arent affected .

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Unless The Ravens want to lose a comp pick then im not sure if they will sign Ziggy. I dont think Ziggy will be available by the time the comp picks arent affected .
True but i was kinda just trying to say that no matter who we sign people are gonna act like he is some stud

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
2 year $24M for Houston. Too much, glad Eric is staying out of the ridiculous pass rush money being handed out.
Nah, with the cap space we have now and projected cap for next year, this would’ve went a long way in getting our defense back to #1 and wouldn’t have even hurt us cap wise. If you have cap(we do) and need pass rush, then that signing is a no brainer.

I’m pretty pissed we couldn’t match that.