• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
we aren't cutting Dixon. He was good down the stretch, besides we could end up getting a comp pick next season when he leaves through free agency

Only reason I could see him being cut is because he is going to be the 4th RB and how often are those really active so his spot is expendable.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Only reason I could see him being cut is because he is going to be the 4th RB and how often are those really active so his spot is expendable.
We tend to keep four RBs on the roster anyway. Sure the 4th isn't active, but it prepares us for injury. Dixon is one of the better ones on the roster, when healthy.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
we aren't cutting Dixon. He was good down the stretch, besides we could end up getting a comp pick next season when he leaves through free agency
In all likelihood he is a traceable piece at best. I don't see him suiting up for the Ravens this season, especially with Ingram and Justice Hill on board. Justice Hill is basically a faster version of Dixon. Bus will make it because he's a different kind of back, a bull dozer. At least that is my thinking...

Simba

Staff Member
I think Dixon is "safe" provided he stays healthy/unsuspended. As Dixon ramped up into game action, he started eating into Gus's snaps and it became much closer to a 50/50 split as the season went on. When Gus was on the field, you knew he wasn't much threat to catch the ball. When Dixon was on the field, it opened up the offense a bit more. With Hill not doing much pass catching (although the potential is there), I'd think they'd really like to keep Dixon around as a handcuff to Ingram.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
With the new set of RBs he doesn't add as much to the team, and when was the last time he was healthy for an entire season? For that matter, has he ever played an entire season? If the choice is between Dixon and someone that might contribute all season long or a backup OT, then Dixon is the one that should get cut.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With the new set of RBs he doesn't add as much to the team, and when was the last time he was healthy for an entire season? For that matter, has he ever played an entire season? If the choice is between Dixon and someone that might contribute all season long or a backup OT, then Dixon is the one that should get cut.
it is very true that he hasn't played an entire season, but he is a good back when healthy. I'm pretty sure he is safe.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
For those saying we definitely won't keep 4 RBs, if Willis and Mack both make the 53 man roster it could mean the end of Ricard and our de facto FB, opening up that extra spot

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For those saying we definitely won't keep 4 RBs, if Willis and Mack both make the 53 man roster it could mean the end of Ricard and our de facto FB, opening up that extra spot

Id expect us to bring in another blocking tight end (maybe even maxx) - could be a udfa too but I expect well keep 4 TE/FB on the roster - basically it’s Ricard vs a TE for that spot I think

Josepho

Practice Squad

we basically stopped using ricard after those tweets got leaked anyways

Simba

Staff Member
we mostly stopped using him because our offensive scheme changed entirely and no longer required that kind of a player - but that combined with the tweets has likely put him on the roster bubble at best (likely on the outside looking in come september)

Wouldn't be shocked if they just move him back to DL full time, but yeah... regardless, he's firmly on the bubble and likely out as it currently stands.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I expect Tyus to play ILB during the preseason to see if he can be the missing piece there. I predict he will do well after a decent amount of reps to get adjusted

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I expect Tyus to play ILB during the preseason to see if he can be the missing piece there. I predict he will do well after a decent amount of reps to get adjusted
I think Tyus in the middle could be better than Peanut. His instincts are a bit better and he's more athletic. But we'll see if he can make it work. In the long run, it might be best to trade him to a 4-3 team that wants more speed for another on the bubble player. like a depth offensive lineman or special teamer.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
In all likelihood he is a traceable piece at best. I don't see him suiting up for the Ravens this season, especially with Ingram and Justice Hill on board. Justice Hill is basically a faster version of Dixon. Bus will make it because he's a different kind of back, a bull dozer. At least that is my thinking...

i disagree. I liked Dixon far more as a prospect to hill. Hill kinda underwhelmed last year TBH. Dixon is a far better allround back.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
i disagree. I liked Dixon far more as a prospect to hill. Hill kinda underwhelmed last year TBH. Dixon is a far better allround back.
Dixon’s only downside is his inability to stay healthy honestly. Which will probably be his downfall

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay so you disagree. Just because his final season at OK St. wasn't great in terms of yards, his YPC was 5.9! Which was better than his first two years where he showed remarkable improvement year on year having led all rookie RBs in the nation his first year. So, I really don't get why you feel he underwhelmed? He had less carries so he had less yards in his final season at OK St. I thought if you looked at the more meaningful RB stat (YPC) then you'd say he overwhelmed in his final year.