• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Media Mock Central

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
JJAW gonna go in the first, bookmark this.
Thanks to there not being a consensus top guy at WR and after that pro day workout he definitely could. I just hope the Patriots don't pick him. Or Deebo for that matter (he's a perfect fit for them).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Thanks to there not being a consensus top guy at WR and after that pro day workout he definitely could. I just hope the Patriots don't pick him. Or Deebo for that matter (he's a perfect fit for them).
He might be the safest pick at wr in this draft, he’s gonna be good, the question is how good and will he develop to thrive over the middle as well or will he remain an outside possession threat his whole career..

I’m leaning toward him developing, because he’s a rather skilled route runner with great feet and surprising quicks for a guy his size, and he isn’t just a spectacular catch guy, he has all around reliable hands and doesn’t drop the easy ones like a lot of these jumpball receivers do.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
He might be the safest pick at wr in this draft, he’s gonna be good, the question is how good and will he develop to thrive over the middle as well or will he remain an outside possession threat his whole career..

I’m leaning toward him developing, because he’s a rather skilled route runner with great feet and surprising quicks for a guy his size, and he isn’t just a spectacular catch guy, he has all around reliable hands and doesn’t drop the easy ones like a lot of these jumpball receivers do.
I don't get Whitside at all. Could be I'm missing something based on how much a lot of folks see in him.
I see a guy that will struggle to separate. He is a straight line speed with stiffness in his hips. Mostly contested grabs with a strong ability to box and high point but I keep in mind he is doing this against very slight college corners. He looks like he could be a nice complimentary possession receiver but I would not go near him in the first. Frankly he looks late 2 - 3 to me.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't get Whitside at all. Could be I'm missing something based on how much a lot of folks see in him.
I see a guy that will struggle to separate. He is a straight line speed with stiffness in his hips. Mostly contested grabs with a strong ability to box and high point but I keep in mind he is doing this against very slight college corners. He looks like he could be a nice complimentary possession receiver but I would not go near him in the first. Frankly he looks late 2 - 3 to me.
He doesn’t look too stiff to me, I actually think he moves pretty well, and I think he’s got potential to develop into something special using those quick feet and decent explosion out of his breaks. Plus when it comes to hands he might have the best pair in the draft, it’s between him, Harry, and harmon, but I think whiteside is overall more explosive than harmon and a lot more fluid than Harry, he’s like a happy medium between the 2 and may be in that sweet spot where he does what they do well but better because he is better in some key areas

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Tony Pauline says the Ravens want to draft two tight ends in the first two days of the draft..... :lol:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
just did a mock on TDN, would really like it despite it being defense heavy...

1. cody ford
3. zach allen
david montgomery
4. daylon mack
justin hollins
5. Stanley Morgan Jr.
6. Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Anthony Ratliff-Williams

great power guard in round 1 to really add some identity to our rush attack. total steal in the third getting a first round talent in zach allen who would probably come in as a rookie and get 6+ sacks as a huge edge rusher with great bend and power, and a freakishly elusive RB who can turn any handoff into a big gain because he is just one of the hardest backs to tackle that ive ever watched. an explosive pure 3tech and another bendy edge rusher with great explosion in the 4th. and then 3 swings at WRs who are all good values this late in the process, with morgan being a very good route runner, humphrey being great at contested catches, and ratliff-williams being a nice physical and sound WR who can get open and take some short ones and turn them into gains with a solid YAC ability. id think at least one of these 3 would find a niche with us and get significant play time as a rookie.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

1. cody ford
3. zach allen
david montgomery
4. daylon mack
justin hollins
5. Stanley Morgan Jr.
6. Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Anthony Ratliff-Williams

great power guard in round 1 to really add some identity to our rush attack. total steal in the third getting a first round talent in zach allen who would probably come in as a rookie and get 6+ sacks as a huge edge rusher with great bend and power, and a freakishly elusive RB who can turn any handoff into a big gain because he is just one of the hardest backs to tackle that ive ever watched. an explosive pure 3tech and another bendy edge rusher with great explosion in the 4th. and then 3 swings at WRs who are all good values this late in the process, with morgan being a very good route runner, humphrey being great at contested catches, and ratliff-williams being a nice physical and sound WR who can get open and take some short ones and turn them into gains with a solid YAC ability. id think at least one of these 3 would find a niche with us and get significant play time as a rookie.
I'll admit to not watching Zach Allen a lot so I really can't say how I feel about him. The tape I have watched I wasn't particularly crazy about him. I'll say, he didn't appear to leap off the screen.
I'm sorry. I can't help it but I love Daylon Mack as a prospect. Pretty strong overall and seems plausible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tony Pauline says the Ravens want to draft two tight ends in the first two days of the draft..... :lol:
I actually think that was a mistype because I believe he meant to say two WR's because he mentioned a WR in that tweet. Atleast that's what I remember.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

1. cody ford
3. zach allen
david montgomery
4. daylon mack
justin hollins
5. Stanley Morgan Jr.
6. Lil'Jordan Humphrey
Anthony Ratliff-Williams

Im fine with trayvon williams or singletary

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Got dam d.k fast af lol.. idk if we can risk that though. lamar, hurst and d.k.. three first busts in 2yrs...im jk

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I only seen like 20 mins of it but i love the fact that he did his own research and his mock is much different from Everyone elses. however, i hope we dont draft dk lol
Agreed with the first part. Nothing beats a mock that's different than the consensus. The real draft isn't anywhere close to casual mocks anyway.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pff Steve palazzolo did a 3 round mock and gave us winovich, Parris Campbell, and Mack Wilson. While I’m not Campbell’s biggest fan, the explosive play potential is just worth it in the third and he gave the same breakdown we all give on Campbell, gadget plays, jet sweeps and drags, and then Mack Wilson in the third would be a fucking slam dunk. Then winovich, everyone knows I’m real big on the guy, one of my pound the table prospects, I absolutely think he’s worthy of 22nd overall and would fit right in on this defense.

I’d really like that draft and would just hold out hope that roman uses Campbell to max effectiveness and that he catches the damn ball like a nfl receiver should

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pff Steve palazzolo did a 3 round mock and gave us winovich, Parris Campbell, and Mack Wilson. While I’m not Campbell’s biggest fan, the explosive play potential is just worth it in the third and he gave the same breakdown we all give on Campbell, gadget plays, jet sweeps and drags, and then Mack Wilson in the third would be a fucking slam dunk. Then winovich, everyone knows I’m real big on the guy, one of my pound the table prospects, I absolutely think he’s worthy of 22nd overall and would fit right in on this defense.

I’d really like that draft and would just hold out hope that roman uses Campbell to max effectiveness and that he catches the damn ball like a nfl receiver should
Has Roman ever had a Percy Harvin type of WR before? I think Campbell could be good but he has to be used right.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

I dont see Mack or Campbell being there in the third. I know we can get online in the third that I would prefer to Campbell if we went with Winovich in round one. Not interested in Campbell.