• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-24_19-18-14.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-24_19-18-14.jpeg
    1.7 KB · Views: 123

Simba

Staff Member
As I mentioned, wanted to do a real life comparison to what I paid here for my FAs. Just out of curiosity more than anything.

• Tyrod Taylor (1.5) - $5.5M/year
  • Trevor Siemian (0.5) - $2M
  • Jalen Richard (0.5) - $3M tender
  • Devin Funchess (2.5) - $10M
  • Jordy Nelson (1.5) - Still a FA
  • JJ Nelson (0.5) - $1M
  • Torrey Smith (0.5) - $5M option picked up
  • Tyler Kroft (0.5) - $6.25M/year
  • Geoff Swaim (0.5) - $3.3M/year
  • Kendall Lamm (2) - $2.25M/year
  • John Miller (0.5) - $5.5M/year
  • Sheldon Richardson (10) - $12.33M/year
  • Steve McLendon (0.5) - $2.5M
  • Rodney Gunter (0.5) - Still a FA
  • Clay Matthews (1.5) - $4.625M/year
  • Kamalei Correa (0.5) - Under contract for $1M+
  • Kevin Minter (0.5) - $895K
  • Steven Nelson (4) - $8.5M/year
  • Pat O'Donnell (0.5) - $2M/year

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man that was rough. Can’t believe I had to empty the pockets for Cam Wake even if he is good at this age. Still, he was one of the dudes I identified at the start to sign. Only guy I didn’t get was Ingram because of craziness.

Simba

Staff Member
Man that was rough. Can’t believe I had to empty the pockets for Cam Wake even if he is good at this age. Still, he was one of the dudes I identified at the start to sign. Only guy I didn’t get was Ingram because of craziness.

Do what you gotta do at the end. Usually there are a few interesting names left in FFA, but not enough where I'd be saving my cap.

Simba

Staff Member
I was pretty pumped to pick up Clay Matthews, as he'd long been a target of mine. I was informed pretty late that my cap was adjusted, so I'm not going to lie, I pulled a little bit of a dickish move by playing it close to the vest until the last possible minute. I didn't have time to get my affairs in order though if I had to clear cap, so I don't feel bad.

Regardless, Matthews was the exact type of guy I had been looking for. I really want my young LBs to play, but if they falter, it's nice to fall back on a crafty vet like Matthews. Nwosu and him would compete for the starting job in real life. Perfect mentor for that OTTO role in Gus Bradley's defense. It's not ideal, but he can also provide me some depth at DE in an emergency, so double value for me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ta
As I mentioned, wanted to do a real life comparison to what I paid here for my FAs. Just out of curiosity more than anything.

• Tyrod Taylor (1.5) - $5.5M/year
  • Trevor Siemian (0.5) - $2M
  • Jalen Richard (0.5) - $3M tender
  • Devin Funchess (2.5) - $10M
  • Jordy Nelson (1.5) - Still a FA
  • JJ Nelson (0.5) - $1M
  • Torrey Smith (0.5) - $5M option picked up
  • Tyler Kroft (0.5) - $6.25M/year
  • Geoff Swaim (0.5) - $3.3M/year
  • Kendall Lamm (2) - $2.25M/year
  • John Miller (0.5) - $5.5M/year
  • Sheldon Richardson (10) - $12.33M/year
  • Steve McLendon (0.5) - $2.5M
  • Rodney Gunter (0.5) - Still a FA
  • Clay Matthews (1.5) - $4.625M/year
  • Kamalei Correa (0.5) - Under contract for $1M+
  • Kevin Minter (0.5) - $895K
  • Steven Nelson (4) - $8.5M/year
  • Pat O'Donnell (0.5) - $2M/year
talk about being fiscally responsible

Simba

Staff Member
ta

talk about being fiscally responsible

Not one overspend in the bunch. Usually I have 1 or 2 where I go over budget to make sure I get the guy I want, but I didn't have to do that this year. I had planned to do that for Sheldon Richardson if I had to, but he stayed low enough where I was able to add Timmy Jernigan as well and still stay under budget.