• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was pretty pumped to pick up Clay Matthews, as he'd long been a target of mine. I was informed pretty late that my cap was adjusted, so I'm not going to lie, I pulled a little bit of a dickish move by playing it close to the vest until the last possible minute. I didn't have time to get my affairs in order though if I had to clear cap, so I don't feel bad.

Regardless, Matthews was the exact type of guy I had been looking for. I really want my young LBs to play, but if they falter, it's nice to fall back on a crafty vet like Matthews. Nwosu and him would compete for the starting job in real life. Perfect mentor for that OTTO role in Gus Bradley's defense. It's not ideal, but he can also provide me some depth at DE in an emergency, so double value for me.

honestly i dont think he'd get a huge amount of playing time behind nwosu in this hypothetical situation lol - big fan of Nwosu last year and drafted him for the titans in this game last time around

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Bashaud Breeland CB 1
Tyler Eifert TE 3.5
Donte Moncrief WR 4
Vincent Rey OLB 0.5
Bennie Logan DT 0.5
Ndamukong Suh DT 9
Rodger Saffold OG 12.5
Daryl Williams OT 9.5
Nick Easton OG 4.5
Nick Foles QB 5
Ryan Tannehill QB 1
Isaiah Crowell RB 2
Alex Okafor DE 2

Missed on rushing LB but am pretty happy with what I paid to improve both trenches.
Not to mention Foles for 5 stars.
Some decent pieces added on offense for low $$, too.
Ready for draft.

Simba

Staff Member
honestly i dont think he'd get a huge amount of playing time behind nwosu in this hypothetical situation lol - big fan of Nwosu last year and drafted him for the titans in this game last time around

For sure lol. Matthews is the "starter" on the depth chart right now, but with how Nwosu came on late last year, I don't expect that to remain the case. Just wanted some insurance in case there's a sophomore slump, and Matthews gives me depth in a few different areas. Just an obvious fit for me, considering I really lacked depth for that OTTO role.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised I got Fowler for 3 stars. I was expecting a massive bid off for him. I'm also surprised Barrett went so high. I was hoping I could get him in the 6-12 range.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For sure lol. Matthews is the "starter" on the depth chart right now, but with how Nwosu came on late last year, I don't expect that to remain the case. Just wanted some insurance in case there's a sophomore slump, and Matthews gives me depth in a few different areas. Just an obvious fit for me, considering I really lacked depth for that OTTO role.

oh absolutely he's a good get - i just wanted to defend my guy lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm surprised I got Fowler for 3 stars. I was expecting a massive bid off for him. I'm also surprised Barrett went so high. I was hoping I could get him in the 6-12 range.
I big part of that is both Buffalo and myself had a ton of cap space left and we can't roll it over until next year. That being said, I figured out what his max bid would be and outbid him by 0.5 star.

I thought he go closer to 10 to 12 stars though

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
THIS IS JUST A REMINDER TO EVERYONE THAT THE DRAFT BEGINS TUESDAY, MARCH 26th at 10 est. AM @purplepittabread88 has the 1st pick
Is that am or pm?

I big part of that is both Buffalo and myself had a ton of cap space left and we can't roll it over until next year. That being said, I figured out what his max bid would be and outbid him by 0.5 star.

I thought he go closer to 10 to 12 stars though
At least none of your fans will be able to say you didn't go get your guy. :lol:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This was the reason I was surprised you took the Bears.

i loved the draft but picking so low in the team selection draft you're never going to have anything:

good qb, decent enough OL pieces across the board, A+ talent at various positions and no hardcore needs but also some cap space to work with - i thought well ill happily take the fewer draft picks for all those other things

i also got to have some of my favourite players from recent drafts on the team (and taylor gabriel who i wanted the ravens to sign last year and who i signed for the titans last year): anthony miller, eddie jackson, roquan smith, khalil mack, cody whitehair, james daniels, eddie goldman and more

i also knew i was gonna be busier this year so didnt want to have to necessarily deal with a load of picks and tons of cap space

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i loved the draft but picking so low in the team selection draft you're never going to have anything:

good qb, decent enough OL pieces across the board, A+ talent at various positions and no hardcore needs but also some cap space to work with - i thought well ill happily take the fewer draft picks for all those other things

i also got to have some of my favourite players from recent drafts on the team (and taylor gabriel who i wanted the ravens to sign last year and who i signed for the titans last year): anthony miller, eddie jackson, roquan smith, khalil mack, cody whitehair, james daniels, eddie goldman and more

i also knew i was gonna be busier this year so didnt want to have to necessarily deal with a load of picks and tons of cap space
that makes sense

Simba

Staff Member
The one thing I’ve learned by taking on the Chargers this year is that their depth was pretty much putrid all around. The starters for the most part are pretty damn good, but I ended up having to put more work into this team that I expected. Still a couple of areas to address hopefully, but I do at least feel I set myself up for BPA in most of the draft.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm absolutely gutted by the loss of Rob Gronkowski, especially this late in the process. He had slowed down some, but he still commanded attention and came up big when it mattered. That being said, without his loss, I wouldn't have been able to bring in Kyle Juszczyk and Preston Smith. Both were pre-draft favorites of mine, and while Juszczyk is essentially an H-back, at least his presence helps in the underneath game. I am pleasantly surprised to have gotten Smith at 4 Stars, or 3.5 after the roster slot enactment. The likes of William Hayes, Bruce Irvin and Jeremiah Attaochu at the minimum didn't hurt neither. Certainly helps ease the pain.