• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you have no cap space remaining. The only way for you to be able to make this trade is to cut players
You may be able to use those picks to trade up into the 4th round or higher in the 5th. I'd do it if I wasn't going out of town for a few days starting on the 14th .

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am back for a short time during my hiatus and I would just like to apologize to everyone for not being able to partake in the game this offseason. I fully intended to, however real life (wtf is that?) has gotten in the way. My assistant GM @Lost_In_Translation will have the reigns for the rest of the game (he was my very last choice trust me). I hope to be back around draft time to join in on the crying and bitching when we pass on our beloved prospects. @JoeyFlex5 im looking at you. Peace out bishes

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
@Truth after this trade:

tenor.gif

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I am back for a short time during my hiatus and I would just like to apologize to everyone for not being able to partake in the game this offseason. I fully intended to, however real life (wtf is that?) has gotten in the way. My assistant GM @Lost_In_Translation will have the reigns for the rest of the game (he was my very last choice trust me). I hope to be back around draft time to join in on the crying and bitching when we pass on our beloved prospects. @JoeyFlex5 im looking at you. Peace out bishes
You doing that air traffic control thing?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
yes, certainly hope he's taking a day off on April 14th and 16th as I'll be in the air. Can't have someone so sexually frustrated controlling the air when I'm traveling.
I hope you're not travelling in a 737 max. Otherwise if you combine that with @DeVito52 you're doomed. You're better off getting off of the plane immediately.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's such a @Truth move
As I said earlier, I would have made a trade with him also, but I was going to be out of town for a few days and @Truth will probably be managing my board at that point anyways. It's quite possible my picks will be done, but the last several days have been very slow, so I doubt it if it keeps up at this pace.

Despite this being a game, it's always interesting to notice how much of a role a calm, trade-back approach can play.
I traded back twice, 1st (29) to 1st (32) and 2nd (31) to 3rd (10).. With those new picks I landed Henderson and Bradbury (who I would've taken with the original ones anyway) and added 2 5th rounders on top.
Those ammos together allowed for a trade up and get me Jaquan Johnson, who might become a very solid SS in the pros.
Hadn't I made those moves, I would have exactly the same players, minus a starter.

Sure it's a gambe but the outcome is why I'll never be against a modest trade back in RL