• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and @JO_75 you will be up soon as well. Please check back or turn your notifications on. You could also pass your board onto someone. I'm traveling today and someone has my board, however I'm also on a 2 hour delay. Sucks

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I forgot to give my thoughts on this earlier, but I think Jackson is a good pick at this juncture. There's a whole hell of a lot wrong with him but you absolutely cannot teach that arm talent or mobility. I'm all about taking chances like guys like that late. I think he'll be overdrafted in real life, but this is probably appropriate value. He was on my board but a little further down, so there was a chance he could have been my pick since my board has been killed lately lol.

The delivery is all sorts of funky, and I think he's more likely to end up being a Josh Freeman vs. a Joe Flacco (with more mobility in both cases), but the hope that he could turn into something like the latter is worth a chance.
Thank you kindly. And you're absolutely right. I think that he will get overdrafted. And as much as I believe in taking chances on quarterbacks that have high ceilings, as you've mentioned, his issues are worrisome enough to wonder if they will ever be corrected even more so than other projects that we have seen come out. Ideally, I would prefer to see him drafted no sooner than the 4th round. And I also agree with the Josh Freeman shout out. I'll take my chances at this point.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm surprised Trayveon Williams made it that far. I'm not sure he's as good as many people are letting on, but he's still one of the few guys that I think actually has strong 3 down value in this class.