• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 College Football

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
finally able to tune in for college today, and just in time to board the MD hype train. i havent given a shid about MD football literally ever, but theres been a LOT of hype this offseason with big recruits and a new program, and theyre already ranked, so im pretty excited

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I wanted to get your guys' opinions on the Fair Play to Pay Act signed by the California lawmakers. I get that it has to start somewhere but I don't like it for just California. Now, if this was a nationwide thing where players will finally have the ability to make money off their likeness, then I'd be happy with it.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Right now Temple winning 7-2. Temple always gives us a handful. I remember Bernard Pierce getting over 200 yds on us 1 yr and Md getting crushed lol.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wanted to get your guys' opinions on the Fair Play to Pay Act signed by the California lawmakers. I get that it has to start somewhere but I don't like it for just California. Now, if this was a nationwide thing where players will finally have the ability to make money off their likeness, then I'd be happy with it.

Do you have link. I don't know what this pertains but Im always dubius when it comes to California.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I did look it up and hell to the no!!!!!! Cant have agents getting involved like that. I'd like to see players get some pay for their names,images and likeness in some way but it needs to be addressed thru the NCAA

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Do you have link. I don't know what this pertains but Im always dubius when it comes to California.

I did look it up and hell to the no!!!!!! Cant have agents getting involved like that. I'd like to see players get some pay for their names,images and likeness in some way but it needs to be addressed thru the NCAA

Yeah my bad, I forgot to post the link: https://www.si.com/college-football...act-california-bill-ncaa-background-explainer

I guess with me, being the casual CFB myself, I always found it preposterous that ADs and coaches can get paid millions but players, who the fans, analysts, commentators, etc. came to see or watch, can't get a penny? Or better yet, they can't even make some t-shirts with their names, images, whatever, on them and sell them?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah my bad, I forgot to post the link: https://www.si.com/college-football...act-california-bill-ncaa-background-explainer

I guess with me, being the casual CFB myself, I always found it preposterous that ADs and coaches can get paid millions but players, who the fans, analysts, commentators, etc. came to see or watch, can't get a penny? Or better yet, they can't even make some t-shirts with their names, images, whatever, on them and sell them?

Well the one thing to remember is they're getting a free ride with books, living expenses and an education while to AD's and coaches its a job. The big nix is any profit that they would make would be cuz of their relationship to the school. Remember the NCAA game? This is where the problem is cuz it specifically used their likeness and there really should be some kind of payout but this has to go thru the NCAA.

Now I'm not sure how this works but if science majors thru their research get paid for it then I'd revise my thinking.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Welp looks like Md fell flat on their face again. Jeezus!!! Penn St beat an old rival. I remember my uncle and dad would sit and watch this rivalry when they used to be in the Big East since we originate from central pa.

Had to do work that I had to get done so I can keep my Sundays free for obvious reasons lol and right now checking out the BYU/USC game which is tied so it looks interesting while flipping up a channel to catch Alabama/S Carolina. Right now Im gonna peg into those 2 games.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I tell you these college teams go all Harbaugh on these 4th downs. Take the fuckin pts. BYU could have just took the lead. Md screwed up in the 1st half too.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Welp looks like Md fell flat on their face again. Jeezus!!! Penn St beat an old rival. I remember my uncle and dad would sit and watch this rivalry when they used to be in the Big East since we originate from central pa.

Had to do work that I had to get done so I can keep my Sundays free for obvious reasons lol and right now checking out the BYU/USC game which is tied so it looks interesting while flipping up a channel to catch Alabama/S Carolina. Right now Im gonna peg into those 2 games.
I can't find a single stream of Bama game. Is something wrong with Jeudy? I see just one catch for 8yds and that's it. Hopefully, not injured?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't find a single stream of Bama game. Is something wrong with Jeudy? I see just one catch for 8yds and that's it. Hopefully, not injured?
Alabama don't need him this game lol. I remember Ruggs had a nice 81 yd td. Im watching the BYU/USC game which is good but now I've also caught eye of the Mich St/Arizona St game which is wow 3-0 in the 4th qtr. Slobberknocker!!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Alabama don't need him this game lol. I remember Ruggs had a nice 81 yd td. Im watching the BYU/USC game which is good but now I've also caught eye of the Mich St/Arizona St game which is wow 3-0 in the 4th qtr. Slobberknocker!!
pretty sure he's playing
jeudy's got 4 for 31

devonta smith tearing it up
yeah found a stream to watch garbage time
I wouldn't be too sad if we can somehow get Smith. Great hands and even better route running.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I tell ya when you switching games its hell!!!! Switched back to BYU game they celebrating from int and crowd on field but they was watching review lol. Wouldve been funny if they would have reversed it. Jeez!!. Then switched back and they're showing replays of Arizona St scoring> Im like you gotta be shitting. Anyways Michigan St did hell of a job to kick a FG a nd its going to OT. Better get back probally missing something lol.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
GTFOH Mich St had 12 men on the field. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I watched both 2nd halves and missed so much shit!!