• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD V.9: SZN OVER

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
You know what pisses me off? My chem textbook says that 1 Faraday = 96,500. The online homework that is connected to the textbook then says that I'm supposed to use 96,485. How the hell am I supposed to know that when the own textbook called it 96,500?!? You have to get 3 questions right to get credit for that assignment, and I just wasted time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong when I was just doing everything the way I was taught by the book and in class.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You know what pisses me off? My chem textbook says that 1 Faraday = 96,500. The online homework that is connected to the textbook then says that I'm supposed to use 96,485. How the hell am I supposed to know that when the own textbook called it 96,500?!? You have to get 3 questions right to get credit for that assignment, and I just wasted time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong when I was just doing everything the way I was taught by the book and in class.
Lol. Welcome to college. Up is down, and if you don't read the huffington post you're a moron.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
it's not a coincidence that the semester where I have the least amount of schooling is my most stress-free semester.

That said, I still hate my life. But that's not important.

Simba

Staff Member
Work closed because there is a water main break and the shitters aren’t working.

Win.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Anyone good with computers?

I normally am, I can code an entire website from scratch. But for Microsoft Excel one of my coworkers gets to a certain point and the entire text box is replaced with ############ signs.

any advice?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I normally am, I can code an entire website from scratch. But for Microsoft Excel one of my coworkers gets to a certain point and the entire text box is replaced with ############ signs.

any advice?
Nothing serious, but...

giphy.gif

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

any advice?
just check autofit columns

Inqui

Pro Bowler

any advice?
Make the column wider. Basically there's too.much information for the cell to display so changing the size of the cell should do.it.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
So it's half an hour past midnight and I just finished a shift having to cut 126 lines off a story, and give it a caption and a headline all within four minutes.

I'm off to bed because that just took whatever I had left out of me (which wasn't much to begin with because I'm getting too old for these post-midnight shifts) but ngl that totally feels like a life achievement that's going in my biography one day. Or my resume when I start looking for a better job at the end of the year.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Big opportunity with the film doing really well basically everywhere. Already broke the record for China. Biggest thing is how fast do the box office numbers drop? Should get a better idea after this weekend

Simba

Staff Member
Just curious if anyone here has any thoughts/opinions/expertise. I'm strongly considering entering the home buying market. I start a new job in a little over a week, and ideally, I'd move somewhere around that area. Obviously, before I commit to buying anything, I want to make sure I like the new job first. If I had to guess, I'd feel comfortable somewhere in the 3-6 month mark.

So with that, when would you start looking? I still need to go through the whole pre-approval process and everything, so I don't anticipate it would be anything super quick, but if I wanted to buy by the end of the year or early 2020... any suggestions?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just curious if anyone here has any thoughts/opinions/expertise. I'm strongly considering entering the home buying market. I start a new job in a little over a week, and ideally, I'd move somewhere around that area. Obviously, before I commit to buying anything, I want to make sure I like the new job first. If I had to guess, I'd feel comfortable somewhere in the 3-6 month mark.

So with that, when would you start looking? I still need to go through the whole pre-approval process and everything, so I don't anticipate it would be anything super quick, but if I wanted to buy by the end of the year or early 2020... any suggestions?
buying a house, if you have the savings and the credit, is not as hard as people make it out to be. dont even bother until you have quite a bit put away, i didnt even bother getting pre approved until i had 8k in the bank(thats a shit ton for me) and i used every bit of it and then some. but other than making sure you can afford it, its easy. We began looking in january, and we were moved in february 28th.

the pre approval usually comes in within 48 hours, that will give you an idea of just how much you need stashed away for down payment and closing costs. then they evaluate every last little shit in your finances, debt to income ratio is the biggest one, any unneeded debts that you can eliminate will help a whole lot, but if they approve you for something youre comfortable with then fuck it, pay your debts as you can.

the pain in the ass with the whole process is needing to constantly provide documents. theyre gonna ask you for something every other day. i had to send them TWICE 30 day bank statements, 30 days of pay stubs, and even had to send W2s twice, because it passed a certain date and they considered all the shit i sent to be outdated and they needed new everything, including W2s. also i filled out the application right after the new year, which honestly took like a whole hour, they ask for EVERYTHING, and about 2 weeks later my lender called and said he needed it done again to reflect the new year or some shit. so me and my wife spent about 4 hours total filling out that stupid app.

Then before closing you need to get your homeowners insurance, that took about 2 hours out of my work day(which doesnt bother me because fuck my job).

all of this over a 2 month span. so yeah it was a pain in the ass and all, but overall it was pretty damn smooth and not the gut wrenching backbreaking process everyone makes it out to be.

one thing to keep in mind though, idk how it is nationwide, but here in maryland, the real estate market is TRASH in the wintertime, it doesnt take off until around april, i lucked out finding our place halfway through january, we saw it the day it hit the market and had our offer in the next day and it was accepted the day after that, but overall there was like 3 houses in our range that were livable, but the previous 2 times we looked(both in the summer) we were looking at 20+ houses a month in our range, only reason we didnt offer on any of them was because we didnt wanna live on that side of the key bridge(and because my dad committed fraud in my name and i had to burn a bunch of my savings to fix it). so if your market is anything like marylands, i would say start looking around february, give yourself plenty of time to make a smart decision and be comfortable with your funds, if you see something thats early for the market then awesome, if not then you have time to wait for new ones to show up.

also if you have any concerns about water being a problem... go with your gut. i worried our backyard would be a slopbucket, and its way worse than i couldve imagined. now i shit my pants everytime it rains because my patio gathers an inch of water in a heartbeat, and im gonna need to do some serious landscaping to fix it.

Simba

Staff Member
buying a house, if you have the savings and the credit, is not as hard as people make it out to be. dont even bother until you have quite a bit put away, i didnt even bother getting pre approved until i had 8k in the bank(thats a shit ton for me) and i used every bit of it and then some. but other than making sure you can afford it, its easy. We began looking in january, and we were moved in february 28th.

the pre approval usually comes in within 48 hours, that will give you an idea of just how much you need stashed away for down payment and closing costs. then they evaluate every last little shit in your finances, debt to income ratio is the biggest one, any unneeded debts that you can eliminate will help a whole lot, but if they approve you for something youre comfortable with then fuck it, pay your debts as you can.

the pain in the ass with the whole process is needing to constantly provide documents. theyre gonna ask you for something every other day. i had to send them TWICE 30 day bank statements, 30 days of pay stubs, and even had to send W2s twice, because it passed a certain date and they considered all the shit i sent to be outdated and they needed new everything, including W2s. also i filled out the application right after the new year, which honestly took like a whole hour, they ask for EVERYTHING, and about 2 weeks later my lender called and said he needed it done again to reflect the new year or some shit. so me and my wife spent about 4 hours total filling out that stupid app.

Then before closing you need to get your homeowners insurance, that took about 2 hours out of my work day(which doesnt bother me because fuck my job).

all of this over a 2 month span. so yeah it was a pain in the ass and all, but overall it was pretty damn smooth and not the gut wrenching backbreaking process everyone makes it out to be.

one thing to keep in mind though, idk how it is nationwide, but here in maryland, the real estate market is TRASH in the wintertime, it doesnt take off until around april, i lucked out finding our place halfway through january, we saw it the day it hit the market and had our offer in the next day and it was accepted the day after that, but overall there was like 3 houses in our range that were livable, but the previous 2 times we looked(both in the summer) we were looking at 20+ houses a month in our range, only reason we didnt offer on any of them was because we didnt wanna live on that side of the key bridge(and because my dad committed fraud in my name and i had to burn a bunch of my savings to fix it). so if your market is anything like marylands, i would say start looking around february, give yourself plenty of time to make a smart decision and be comfortable with your funds, if you see something thats early for the market then awesome, if not then you have time to wait for new ones to show up.

also if you have any concerns about water being a problem... go with your gut. i worried our backyard would be a slopbucket, and its way worse than i couldve imagined. now i shit my pants everytime it rains because my patio gathers an inch of water in a heartbeat, and im gonna need to do some serious landscaping to fix it.

Thanks. I'm not super worried about the pre-approval. I have plenty in the bank and plan on making a pretty sizable downpayment when that time comes, and my credit is fantastic. I only have a car payment in debt, and then the standard monthly expenses that most have.

I figured the process itself would be long. I'm more worried about starting to look in the coming weeks when I'm not actually ready to make a commitment. I've found a few places I think I'd like in what I believe to be an ideal neighborhood, but I'm battling whether or not they (or something very similar) will still be there in a few months.

Good note about the winter though. I'll definitely keep that in mind as I go forward. I'm certainly not in any rush. I still live at home so I have no problems continually putting money away until the time is right. I've been thinking about it for a couple of years, but I finally feel like I have enough salary to buy on my own and still live comfortably. If I have to wait another year, so be it.

Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it), I'm most likely going to be looking in the city or surrounding neighborhoods, so water shouldn't be an issue. I pretty much want 0 grass lol - whether that's a townhouse or condo. Condos sound great but damn, these HOA fees are astronomical. Of course, you don't have to pay water, gas, heating, AC, etc. but it's still a number that you look at and gasp.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I mean it started so strong that it only needs a below average multiplier to become the highest grossing film of all time
I think looking at it with the traditional multipliers will not be a smart move. I think most people really didn't want to get spoiled with this movie and saw it opening weekend. How it does from now on comes down to mainly rewatches IMO. I still think it has a good chance but also think there is a chance it doesn't.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Thanks. I'm not super worried about the pre-approval. I have plenty in the bank and plan on making a pretty sizable downpayment when that time comes, and my credit is fantastic. I only have a car payment in debt, and then the standard monthly expenses that most have.

I figured the process itself would be long. I'm more worried about starting to look in the coming weeks when I'm not actually ready to make a commitment. I've found a few places I think I'd like in what I believe to be an ideal neighborhood, but I'm battling whether or not they (or something very similar) will still be there in a few months.

Good note about the winter though. I'll definitely keep that in mind as I go forward. I'm certainly not in any rush. I still live at home so I have no problems continually putting money away until the time is right. I've been thinking about it for a couple of years, but I finally feel like I have enough salary to buy on my own and still live comfortably. If I have to wait another year, so be it.

Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it), I'm most likely going to be looking in the city or surrounding neighborhoods, so water shouldn't be an issue. I pretty much want 0 grass lol - whether that's a townhouse or condo. Condos sound great but damn, these HOA fees are astronomical. Of course, you don't have to pay water, gas, heating, AC, etc. but it's still a number that you look at and gasp.
From what I could see from very far, you can't go wrong with Roland Park