• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD V.9: SZN OVER

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I don't know anything about animation, but this was an interesting and funny video

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't know anything about animation, but this was an interesting and funny video

he's 100% right
there's a place for hfr - it works really well in a lot of video games - but that's when it's intended

this idea that you "improve" these effects by adding extra frames is stupid - it makes everything look awful - saw someone who did it to the visual effects in jason and the argonauts and the "remastered" version looked worse than the 1963 effects

part of the issue is that smoothing out and adding frames makes everything seem slower - you lose any sense of velocity to all movements - and things don't land with impact when you add frames that weren't originally there because the timing of every movement that you animate isn't always at a consistent tempo start to finish - but by adding frames you even out the speed of a movement

especially on action-y movements it massively reduces the impact of any movement

i also find it flattens the image a ton

it's one of the most frustrating things on modern tvs - but motion smoothing is a similar idea but it makes films and most tv shows look like cheaply made soap-operas (if you haven't turned it off already, i would work out what it's called on your specific tv and turn it off) - it's great for watching sport though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
9814BB38-5984-4119-8526-A23173E1D510.jpeg

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Tbh, I never got into his podcast, but what exactly happened between him, Rory and Mal?

They worked on a % base of earnings. Asked for the account info and kept getting the run around. Joe starts acting funny, there's a 400k accounting error and eventually Joe goes off the deep end and has a messy podcast in which he fires Rory. That's the short version. The podcast was great but I stopped watching a little before covid started. The vibes had changed and now everything is adding up. He also has a new sexual harassment claim. I'd recommend going back to watch older ones IF he wasn't getting paid off it.