• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD V.9: SZN OVER

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What set Will off? The GI Jane joke?

jada's suffering quite badly from alopecia and it's not the first time that rock's gone after her

i think this (below) is where i land on the whole thing...

1648484101553.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
jada's suffering quite badly from alopecia and it's not the first time that rock's gone after her

i think this (below) is where i land on the whole thing...

View attachment 3346
Will smith handled it wrong as fuck, and he looks foolish and I have always thought the world of will smith, I’m really disappointed and as far as the alopecia, well sometimes you reap what you sow, the fact that will is even with her anymore is sad, and she has sent his mental health into a spiral and it’s very evident.

Will didn’t snap over a joke about her alopecia, will snapped because he’s been snapped for a while now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I appreciate the response. I didn’t get the joke and Will’s response at first but makes some sense now. However, he’s a comedian. It’s what they do

the jokes you choose to tell are important - comedy used to be about punching up at power not down at people suffering - he used his one joke of the telecast to attack a black woman with an auto-immune condition in front of millions of people and you can see she was really uncomfortable about it

the job of a comedian is to be funny - that doesnt give you carte blanche to attack people - he would have been well within his rights to have said something about their relationship with all the stuff they themselves said publicly about it last year - but he specifically attacked a disability

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Will smith handled it wrong as fuck, and he looks foolish and I have always thought the world of will smith, I’m really disappointed and as far as the alopecia, well sometimes you reap what you sow, the fact that will is even with her anymore is sad, and she has sent his mental health into a spiral and it’s very evident.

Will didn’t snap over a joke about her alopecia, will snapped because he’s been snapped for a while now.

i mean unless i missed something, they were and still are in an open relationship... and there's been no indication (unless, as i said, ive missed something) that will was unhappy or unaware of that arrangement given that he also was able to pursue extramarital relationships too

will did do something foolish and he shouldnt have hit him but he absolutely had every right to pull rock up on that shit - this hasnt changed my opinion of will at all really tbh

Tank

Hall of Famer

Yeah, on a night that was supposed to be about respect Smith set the perception back decades. That comment came from a coworker of mine from Guyana.

Also heard an interesting analogy earlier. What would the NBA do if Lebron went into the crowd at a game and bitch slapped a fan for heckling his GF who was sitting on the sideline? Would they hand him, say the league MVP after that? Point that was being made is that Smith will be somehow receive some subsequent punishment and also lose the Oscar he won, they really have no choice.

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We dont even know if the joke was made with him knowing about it but the fact alopecia is being treated like cancer is crazy to me. But we're really getting mad about bald jokes now essentially? lol.. I have allergies and I'm cutting the next person that cracks a pollen joke.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It must suck to be a stand up comic these days.
The fact Fresh Prince consists of plenty of jokes at others' expense along with fat and bald jokes. Jada's actions have seemed hella more disrespectful than anything Rock said last night.