• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Eric DeCosta Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What worries me is that EDC has restructured every possible contract now for two straight years, which should come back to bite us down the road.
I realize that the covid cap decrease and the insane amount of injuries messed up the plans a lot, but I would have preferred a more frugal FA approach even if it lead to fewer wins so we don't end up in complete cap hell in a year or two
...but I don't think many around here agree with me based on the calls for more FAs ^_^
yes, but atleast we don't have voidable year contracts. The restructures shouldn't hurt us too much because Humphrey and Stanley are going to be here for a long time. There were others as well, but I can't remember them all.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If EDC is terrible because of not addressing WR in one draft, where do you rank Ozzie lol.

Once Bowser and Ojabo are back our pass rush is pretty good, do don't really think that's a valid criticism. Our Oline is much better after 2 years of moves.

Can't fix everything, think he has done a pretty good job, sure he could have done better. WR, ILB, & RB are positions he needs to address.
First, no one said he's terrible. Secondly, I'm beginning to think EDC has been pigeonholed into how he can even construct the team based on Roman.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
First, no one said he's terrible. Secondly, I'm beginning to think EDC has been pigeonholed into how he can even construct the team based on Roman.

As I've said many times before, we're not winning a Super Bowl with Roman as OC. The quicker this team realizes that, the quicker we get to winning one.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
As I've said many times before, we're not winning a Super Bowl with Roman as OC. The quicker this team realizes that, the quicker we get to winning one.
I mean again let's be fair.
2019 - No one wants Roman fired because his offense is literally amazing
2020 - People immediately start not liking Roman and they said 2021 is his make or break year.
2021 - The whole team dies and Roman gets a pass.
2022 - He's still here and it's the same shit, the offense is very up and down. What's so frustrating is we're a year behind where we should be because we had a generationaly bad injury season last year that just wasted a year of Lamar's rookie contract and kept GRo here.

Greg has to see the writing on the wall here and get his shit together for the rest of this season.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
2020 - People immediately start not liking Roman and they said 2021 is his make or break year.
2022 - He's still here and it's the same shit, the offense is very up and down. What's so frustrating is we're a year behind where we should be because we had a generationaly bad injury season last year that just wasted a year of Lamar's rookie contract and kept GRo here.

Greg has to see the writing on the wall here and get his shit together for the rest of this season.

I liken it to Cam Cameron/Joe Flacco. Yes, they were both good for both of them for a while during their development, but it was/is time to take the training wheels off. Roman treats Lamar like he’s an inexperienced talent. No way your franchise QB should just be throwing 16 passes in a game

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
And if it’s any indication of how it is now, I’m sure a lot of you on here had several excuses for Cameron too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

not only that, those injuries have krept into this season. I'd be curious to see how Urban would do, but he probably wouldn't be my first choice as an OC replacement. Not sure who will be available in the offseason.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

This shit happens everywhere he goes, EVERYWHERE. Broken record and the Ravens for some reason think they’ve got it figured out

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
not only that, those injuries have krept into this season. I'd be curious to see how Urban would do, but he probably wouldn't be my first choice as an OC replacement. Not sure who will be available in the offseason.
Yeah I don't see there being any chance of an in season change, but if we do make a change after the season, I'd think they would go out of house as opposed to staying in house. But not sure.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
If Ken Dorsey, the OC for the Bills, doesn't get a head coaching offer this year, what are the odds Joe Brady, who is their QB coach, becomes our OC if Roman is fired? It would be hard to find a better offensive group to coach than us next year if we invest even a little into the WR room.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
And if it’s any indication of how it is now, I’m sure a lot of you on here had several excuses for Cameron too
I wasn't on PF then, but I recall quite a few fans going on about the Ravens being 9-4 at the time so somethings working with cameron blah blah blah .... Exact same BS we have heard about Roman. Cameron's offense was wildly inconsistent much like Roman

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Ken Dorsey, the OC for the Bills, doesn't get a head coaching offer this year, what are the odds Joe Brady, who is their QB coach, becomes our OC if Roman is fired? It would be hard to find a better offensive group to coach than us next year if we invest even a little into the WR room.
I'm sure plenty of people are on the table. Will say Brady was pretty universally hated in Carolina when he was there.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was thinking about this, if Ojabo turns out to be a stud, I’ll give EDC mad props

When you hit big on your first 4 picks in a draft, that is an A+ draft. That is not counting that most of those 4th round picks have been big contributors this season as well. Might be one of the best overall drafts I have seen from a team from top to bottom.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm sure plenty of people are on the table. Will say Brady was pretty universally hated in Carolina when he was there.

I’m glad you guys are coming up with the troll question of “who would you hire, blah blah blah”

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I liken it to Cam Cameron/Joe Flacco. Yes, they were both good for both of them for a while during their development, but it was/is time to take the training wheels off. Roman treats Lamar like he’s an inexperienced talent. No way your franchise QB should just be throwing 16 passes in a game
And there isn't a world where Mark should be thrown at only TWICE. You scheme your best guys open, point, blank, period. Roman has consistently shown that he's not able to do that. Maybe that's why we're not an attractive destination for skill positions

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
D
And there isn't a world where Mark should be thrown at only TWICE. You scheme your best guys open, point, blank, period. Roman has consistently shown that he's not able to do that. Maybe that's why we're not an attractive destination for skill positions

Don’t tell Harbaugh or his friend @rossihunter2 that…

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
D

Don’t tell Harbaugh or his friend @rossihunter2 that…
What does this have to with Harbaugh? I believe in earnest, you can look at the Ravens top to bottom and be critical with EDC, GRo, MM, and the players. But what are we mad at Harbs about? You could say for keeping Roman and I'd say that could be potentially fair. But are you advocating for an in-season or out of season change. I'm fairly certain you won't see Roman as OC next year.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
What does this have to with Harbaugh? I believe in earnest, you can look at the Ravens top to bottom and be critical with EDC, GRo, MM, and the players. But what are we mad at Harbs about? You could say for keeping Roman and I'd say that could be potentially fair. But are you advocating for an in-season or out of season change. I'm fairly certain you won't see Roman as OC next year.

Because Harbaugh loves his coordinators and never gets rid of them unless he’s pressured to do so