• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Eric DeCosta Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Because Harbaugh loves his coordinators and never gets rid of them unless he’s pressured to do so
This isn't fair imo. Like we've already been through it today. Should Roman have been fired in 2019 makes no sense that was his first season. What about 2020? The answer is NO. What about 2021, the generational bad injury year. Definitely maybe could have moved on but last year was not his fault. That was also the year that Harbs rightfully moves on from Wink when he couldn't adjust or stop anybody even with the healthier side of the ball.

I think the much more fair criticism of Harbs with respect to coordinators is picking bad ones. Trestman and Morninwheg, were all horrible. But they didn't last long at all.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
This isn't fair imo. Like we've already been through it today. Should Roman have been fired in 2019 makes no sense that was his first season. What about 2020? The answer is NO. What about 2021, the generational bad injury year. Definitely maybe could have moved on but last year was not his fault. That was also the year that Harbs rightfully moves on from Wink when he couldn't adjust or stop anybody even with the healthier side of the ball.

I think the much more fair criticism of Harbs with respect to coordinators is picking bad ones. Trestman and Morninwheg, were all horrible. But they didn't last long at all.

Fuck me. Cameron would still be here if there wasn’t a fucking mutiny

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We’ve made significant investments that haven’t planned out so far largely due to injury. Boyle is the leagues highest paid TE3 and he only plays ST, a 2nd round RB is on his second stint on ir, Ronnie stanley happened, Marcus peters and Gus edwards happened. Etc.

If we weren’t absolutely devastated by injuries I think the book on EDC would be different and most of our complaints would be aimed at Roman.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We’ve made significant investments that haven’t planned out so far largely due to injury. Boyle is the leagues highest paid TE3 and he only plays ST, a 2nd round RB is on his second stint on ir, Ronnie stanley happened, Marcus peters and Gus edwards happened. Etc.

If we weren’t absolutely devastated by injuries I think the book on EDC would be different and most of our complaints would be aimed at Roman.
I agree with this 100%

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why are we going back a literal decade to complain about something when I gave you 4 examples that are more recent.

Because Harbaugh absolutely loves his coordinators and won’t get rid of them until the last possible second. Even Dean Pees, wouldn’t get rid of him until pressured to do so

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because Harbaugh absolutely loves his coordinators and won’t get rid of them until the last possible second. Even Dean Pees, wouldn’t get rid of him until pressured to do so
I mean... he had a very, very, very short leash on Trestman and Marty.

People shit on Pees... he's a well above average DC in this league. Has performed well pretty much everywhere he's gone.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was that Brady or Matt Rhule though?
I don't know. Certainly a question.
Just pointing out that Brady was supposed to be the next Shanahan/McVay, and he didn't even survive two years as OC in Carolina. QB problems certainly didn't help, but he was universally despised for his play calling there and fans couldn't run him out of town fast enough. Like he was hated more than Matt Rhule was.

While I have no doubt he'll be an OC somewhere soon enough, it's also really hard to gauge how successful you as a QB coach to Josh Allen. Like there's not many easier gigs in the league than that one.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You stay good with your clique now ya hear? Just a reminder. Before you remove a moderator, the genuine good act is to let them know first.
I didn't need to let you know first, you asked me to be removed as a mod

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No one has mentioned the brilliant trade moving Hollywood for a first and turning that into the center we’ve needed for 10 years.
good point

Trading a kicker for a 5th round pick, trading a 5th for Marcus Peters, trading a 5th for Campbell.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
good point

Trading a kicker for a 5th round pick, trading a 5th for Marcus Peters, trading a 5th for Campbell.
Yep!!! He's mostly been good with the FAs/in season trades. The only bad ones I can recall are Earl Thomas and Yannick. It's been the draft and overall roster construction that have been the potential negative talking points.