• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NFL Schedule Release

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Is it weird I live in South Florida and still haven't been to a Ravens Fins game? That said, I've been to Tampa, NY(NJ) and Baltimore. Gotta change that this year. I know Lamar going to show out in his home state. Also, the Dolphins suck. I hope we focus on Chiefs going into camp... Blah blah don't look ahead and all that bullshit.

The middle of that schedule looks brutal.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sooooo, the Ravens don't have any back-2-back home games? Not one?

@ MIA
Vs ARI
@ KC
Vs CLE
@ PIT
Vs CIN
@ SEA
BYE
Vs NE
@ CIN
Vs HOU
@ LAR
Vs SF
@ BUF
Vs NYJ (TNF)
@ CLE
vs PIT

I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL!!!!

rlEwkig.gif

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The only downside to this is Fitzpatrick will turn into FitzMagic because we aren't playing them late enough in the year for him to turn into FitzTragic or be benched by a rookie QB(maybe?).
Shitttt I forgot they had him... dude is like lovechild of Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning for his first 2 games with a new team

redrum52

Hall of Famer
How convenient. Last 3 games for the Pats are Bengals, Bills and Dolphins. The last two being at home.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Browns get a Sunday Night Game in week 3 against the Rams, first time since 2008 that Sunday Night Football took place in Cleveland.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Also somehow neither of our games against the Steelers are in primetime. Jeff Zrebic says unless Ravens/Steelers gets flexed in Week 17, it will be the first time since 2006 that the Ravens/Steelers didn't meet in primetime.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Pats vs Steelers on SNF in Week One? Well at least we get it out of the way. Flacco's first game as a Bronco will be in Oakland as the second game of the MNF Doubleheader in week one.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Jesus that's a tough one.

This isn't me being a pessimist, just a realist. Some of those teams are going to just rail us, even if we knock the draft out of the park. The team isn't any less talented, but we lost a lot of veteran leadership, and we are now WAY younger overall. The Rams, Chiefs, Pats, Seahawks, Browns, and Steelers are going to be tough.

I've accurately predicted our record the last two years, did so each time: my opinion will remain the same. This team isn't a playoff team. Sorry guys. Not a bad thing, it's time to build up a team for Lamar and even if we knock it out of the park with this draft, one draft isn't going to do this. This isn't a one to two year plan, this is a slow-cook. It will be ready, when it's ready.

This is probably a 6-10 team unless Lamar's development goes to Mahomes' level of quickness, which even I as a supporter of his don't expect to happen. There's a lot of teams on here that are going to be tough. And I'm not really mad. I'm actually glad we'll be letting young talent develop for once.

If Lamar finishes his development(borderline impossible), I could see us having 10 wins, if not. 6. Top 10 draft pick next year, then build the WR corps and take advantage of the cap.

Welcome to the rebuild. Please give Lamar an offensive line so Aaron Donald doesn't have to face James Hurst again

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

@ MIA
Vs ARI
@ KC
Vs CLE
@ PIT
Vs CIN
@ SEA
BYE
Vs NE
@ CIN
Vs HOU
@ LAR
Vs SF
@ BUF
Vs NYJ (TNF)
@ CLE
vs PIT

rlEwkig.gif

Just like a tennis match lol

I do like the way they got the last 4 games tho. @Buff (East Coast and probally wont be very good). Then the Thurs at hpme against Jets. 10 days rest for a road trip to Clev then Pitt at home. As long as we contending its not bad. The bye a little early tho at 5 weeks in but a week of rest before the Pats.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Jesus that's a tough one.

This isn't me being a pessimist, just a realist. Some of those teams are going to just rail us, even if we knock the draft out of the park. The team isn't any less talented, but we lost a lot of veteran leadership, and we are now WAY younger overall. The Rams, Chiefs, Pats, Seahawks, Browns, and Steelers are going to be tough.

I've accurately predicted our record the last two years, did so each time: my opinion will remain the same. This team isn't a playoff team. Sorry guys. Not a bad thing, it's time to build up a team for Lamar and even if we knock it out of the park with this draft, one draft isn't going to do this. This isn't a one to two year plan, this is a slow-cook. It will be ready, when it's ready.

This is probably a 6-10 team unless Lamar's development goes to Mahomes' level of quickness, which even I as a supporter of his don't expect to happen. There's a lot of teams on here that are going to be tough. And I'm not really mad. I'm actually glad we'll be letting young talent develop for once.

If Lamar finishes his development(borderline impossible), I could see us having 10 wins, if not. 6. Top 10 draft pick next year, then build the WR corps and take advantage of the cap.

Welcome to the rebuild. Please give Lamar an offensive line so Aaron Donald doesn't have to face James Hurst again

That Hurst vs Donald got me thinking about 2015. Thought we played same week but it's a week after. I could accept not taking a wr if we came out with 2 day one starters at G and C.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly dont think this schedule is so bad. Sure we dont have back to back home games but the trips seem pretty evened out compared to years prior. Also our tough games arent all after one another. I could see 10 wins here

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
week1: W Fitzmagic’s 48 wonderlic won’t help him activate his superpowers this time, the Dolphins losing culture offsets everything.

week2: W the Cards have no qb and OL atm

week3: L Mahomes and @Arrowhead

week4: L Browns are in-form early in the season.

week5: W Steelers haven’t found the right combination of secondary players yet

week6: W Marvin Lewis is gone so the curse is lifted and we win

week7: W get an easy W because Schotty is still trying to establish the run

week9: L Even though we’re coming out of a bye week, Belichick will have them prepared

week10: L Dynamic rookie QB takes over for Dalton and we aren’t prepared at all.

week11: L Watson and Hopkins are too much of a problem and Clowney and Watt are 24/7 in the backfield. Stanley’s one game injury makes things even worse.

week12: L McVay teaches Harbs and co a lesson. Donald has a field day because somehow Skura and Hurst are back into the starting OL.

week13: W Jimmy G is hurt and on IR by then

week14: L Allen is hurt and on IR too, but Roman and Harbaugh still manage to lose this game.

week15: W Gase has lost the locker room by then and Andrews and Hurst have a field day against Mosley

week16: W Browns implosion should’ve happened by then

week17: L We usually lose the last game of the season and this year is no exception.

8-8 is realistic 9-7 at best floor 6-10.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

@ MIA
Vs ARI
@ KC
Vs CLE
@ PIT
Vs CIN
@ SEA
BYE
Vs NE
@ CIN
Vs HOU
@ LAR
Vs SF
@ BUF
Vs NYJ (TNF)
@ CLE
vs PIT

rlEwkig.gif
Dolphins, Cardinals, Texans, 49ers, Bills, Jets, and at least three wins against division opponents. That gets us to 9 wins without even the possibility of pulling an upset. We could grab 4 wins against the division (Browns haven't proven anything yet, the Bengals are in full Bungel mode, and the Steelers are declining, we could get 5 wins out of it) and at least one upset against the Rams, Chiefs or Patriots would give us the division. Hell, even without the upset, with 4 division wins and the teams we should beat that gets us 10. I'm predicting we do go 10-6 again.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dolphins, Cardinals, Texans, 49ers, Bills, Jets, and at least three wins against division opponents. That gets us to 9 wins without even the possibility of pulling an upset. We could grab 4 wins against the division (Browns haven't proven anything yet, the Bengals are in full Bungel mode, and the Steelers are declining, we could get 5 wins out of it) and at least one upset against the Rams, Chiefs or Patriots would give us the division. Hell, even without the upset, with 4 division wins and the teams we should beat that gets us 10. I'm predicting we do go 10-6 again.
Have to agree. And i also dont understand why everyones expecting us to lose to the Patriots at home after a bye. Our secondary matches up really well with what Brady likes to do. Humphrey is gonna have a feild day blowing up bubble screens and inside routes.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Texans have given us trouble and could see us continue to struggle. Without a competent QB I still remember Hopkins vs Jimmy because I had talked him up going into that game. That is no guaranteed win.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Texans have given us trouble and could see us continue to struggle. Without a competent QB I still remember Hopkins vs Jimmy because I had talked him up going into that game. That is no guaranteed win.

Jimmy was hurt (believe his leg gave out literally the next week) and he had to be left on an island at the time AND the secondary is far better in every way than it was then.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Jimmy was hurt (believe his leg gave out literally the next week) and he had to be left on an island at the time AND the secondary is far better in every way than it was then.

Watson had been injured by then.

Good point about Jimmy. I was just mad because I talked him up and it wasn't a good look on my part. Can't wait to watch this rematch. Would imagine we try to stick Marlon on Fuller.