• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Jaylon Ferguson and Miles Boykin

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
still waiting for anyone to tell me the difference between jarvis jones in college and ferguson aside from the fact that jones played tougher oppenents and did better than ferguson in that regard.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
still waiting for anyone to tell me the difference between jarvis jones in college and ferguson aside from the fact that jones played tougher oppenents and did better than ferguson in that regard.
Well, Jones was much smaller, lacked length, his game was predicated on burst off the line. Ferguson is more of a power rusher, and is much larger and longer (6'2" 245 vs 6'5" 271). In fact, they're completely different players.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, Jones was much smaller, lacked length, his game was predicated on burst off the line. Ferguson is more of a power rusher, and is much larger and longer (6'2" 245 vs 6'5" 271). In fact, they're completely different players.

Ferguson is a senior who dominated against poor opposition and tested poorly. With Orlando Brown jr i was hype regardles of combine ( as you can see from my history here). With Ferguson i see a big bully in a small pond. Against good oppositon he was very very meh.

I remember him getting stonewalled in 1-1 drills time and time again by the better tackle prospects.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm not quite sure why and how are you comparing Ferguson (DE) with OLB Jones.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not quite sure why and how are you comparing Ferguson (DE) with OLB Jones.

you'll see. Unless steve saunders can mold him into something athleticlly that goes beyond what most can achieve i'll remain skeptical that we're looking at a guy who is only colllege level as a ceiling.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I never thought I'd see the day where the Ravens draft a big possession WR with good hands, contested grab ability, and route running ability with athletic upside to get better to see everyone lose their shit

I was thinking this too. We draft a wr with actual receiving skills and people are mad. My boy is a ND fan and said he's a good player. He might be lying to me though cause he's also unfortunately a Giants fan and I've been clowning the shit out of him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Fruit PUNCH‏ @marlon_humphrey
@JayFerguson45 I need that pressure on the QB this year
270a-1f3fe.png

3:01 PM - 27 Apr 2019
1 reply73 retweets465 likes

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Miles Boykin honestly was not someone i really watched much tape on through the process but he's definitely a really exciting prospect - that wingspan is insane and he has really nice hands too - the kind of size and speed that makes him a mismatch
Apart from good hands, I like that he often throws a corner off balance in stride, with a single step. Don't see that much from guys as big as he is.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5
So, I've gone back and watched Ferguson. There are things I like vs. LSU. Things to be optimistic about so far as his development. But I walked away realizing that there is little doubt the he is developmental. And I see nothing so far as any one pass rush characteristic I see as s something that I KNOW will transfer. In fact, I have my doubts that anything I see him do in college will translate without significant work.

I'm not sure where he plays? He doesn't seem to be able to cover, thats for sure. He seems stiff in space. When I stopped to think about Joe Jackson, there is nothing Ferguson does that Jackson doesn't do better. And he is far less developmental, plays with greater effort, etc.

Its possible they have a plan for him. Its very very possible that Im wrong and I hope that I am but. right now I don't think that I am....I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
this is all accurate to me, he is a bullrush or bust rusher basically, his sacks come exclusively from a bullrush, or a downwards rip, no bend, no hands, not a damn thing other than bull rush.

i can not for the life of me understand what the ravens saw in him, how they watched this goddamn guy even more than i did and came away from all that film feeling anything other than doubtful.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this is all accurate to me, he is a bullrush or bust rusher basically, his sacks come exclusively from a bullrush, or a downwards rip, no bend, no hands, not a damn thing other than bull rush.

i can not for the life of me understand what the ravens saw in him, how they watched this goddamn guy even more than i did and came away from all that film feeling anything other than doubtful.

i guess we see different things...

i see him convert speed to power, i think he does bend pretty well and has some nice hand usage - i agree he can get stonewalled too often but that's something that i think will change

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i guess we see different things...

i see him convert speed to power, i think he does bend pretty well and has some nice hand usage - i agree he can get stonewalled too often but that's something that i think will change
speed to power, so in other words... bullrush. and youve said bend well and nice hands quite a few times but man... i have no idea where you are getting that. like i almost wanna say youre objectively wrong on the bend, but i respect your opinion so i wont and ill just say you see something that i dont lol. like i just dont see it man, i dont see what there is to suggest the constant stonewalling is something that will change against better competition.

his tape is basically sacks, and then REALLY ugly lost snaps, all throughout, if he isnt able to just get in the chest and drive into the qb then he latches on and its all over.