• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
3 raw edge rushers with FREAKISH explosiveness, at the very least one of them will be available end of the first, Julian Okwara, Terrell Lewis, and K’lavon Chaisson.

I always lean toward Okwara and idk why, but they’re all very similar.

One sleeper for me is NT Jordon Scott from Oregon. Would fit right in and take over Pierces’ spot. He is a monster in the run game and has shown a decent ability to get to the QB. Not really talked about guy who we should be able to get in the mid rounds

Charm City

Pro Bowler
One sleeper for me is NT Jordon Scott from Oregon. Would fit right in and take over Pierces’ spot. He is a monster in the run game and has shown a decent ability to get to the QB. Not really talked about guy who we should be able to get in the mid rounds
I haven't watched much film of his, but I have watched his teammate Troy Dye at ILB. Seems like a guy who has experience playing coverage at LB and has some space on his frame to bulk up.

In terms of DTs I've watched a lot of Benito Jones from Ole Miss. He seems like he can get into the backfield and has a few pass rush moves. Reminds me of geno atkins

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I also like Kenneth Williams, sideline to sideline LB, Oklahoma. If he's available when we pick, I see no reason why EDC wouldn't add to our pull of recent Okla draft prospect. He's a fantastic tackler and would fit this defense like a glove. He's also a day one starter.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks

I started scouting in 2003. This upcoming WR class is the best I've ever seen.

Pedro Antonio Domínguez

@pedrodomg

Replying to
@MoveTheSticks
NFL Draft 2014 WR class: Sammy Watkins Odell Beckham Jarvis Landry Davante Adams Mike Evans Brandin Cooks Allen Robinson John Brown Allen Hurns Willie Snead *Martavis Bryant, Kelvin Benjamin I trust you, DJ, but if so, the WR class 2020 must be on fire.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks

I started scouting in 2003. This upcoming WR class is the best I've ever seen.

Pedro Antonio Domínguez

@pedrodomg

Replying to
@MoveTheSticks
NFL Draft 2014 WR class: Sammy Watkins Odell Beckham Jarvis Landry Davante Adams Mike Evans Brandin Cooks Allen Robinson John Brown Allen Hurns Willie Snead *Martavis Bryant, Kelvin Benjamin I trust you, DJ, but if so, the WR class 2020 must be on fire.
I'd like to capitalize on this and get that bonafide #2 (maybe #1 if Hollywood's health continues to plague his availability).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd like to capitalize on this and get that bonafide #2 (maybe #1 if Hollywood's health continues to plague his availability).

we'll see when the tape comes through but i think devonta smith is going to be my draft crush - ive got that feeling already - there's normally a guy or 2 i love early in the process who i keep coming back to: 2014 it was mike evans and michael campanaro, 2015 it was todd gurley, 2016 it was myles jack, 2017 there were like 4 guys (corey davis, timmy williams, derek barnett and ahkello witherspoon), 2018 it was lamar jackson and will hernandez, 2019 it was hollywood

there's a few busts in there, and also 4 players who became ravens lol - but its only worked out for 2 of them

but i can already tell that devonta smith is going to be one of those guys for me this year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I also like Kenneth Williams, sideline to sideline LB, Oklahoma. If he's available when we pick, I see no reason why EDC wouldn't add to our pull of recent Okla draft prospect. He's a fantastic tackler and would fit this defense like a glove. He's also a day one starter.
He’s an electric LB but man his tackling is sloppy and scary. It looks exciting on film to see these high violent looking tackles, but he’s gonna be a flag magnet and likely miss a shit ton of tackles in the nfl.

It’s unfortunate because man I REALLY love everything else on his film

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My new round 1 draft crush is jaelen raegor, this guy is tyreek hill/Hollywood fast, and he has super explosive and fluid change of direction, honestly he’s got some breakaways that look fast forwarded but they aren’t since there are still defenders on the screen lol.

Man I’m so enamored with the thought of getting another sub 4.3 guy in here, I just can’t imagine how scared teams are gonna be when facing us, like what the hell do you do, if Lamar is hitting throws then you need 2 deep safeties at all times, then you need LBs to cheat back for the TE but then cheat up for the run, it’s already partially happening but you would force cover 2 or 3 on literally every snap by adding another, and you could literally outrun any cover 2 or 3 and could beat it all over the field with your other methods

I desperately want Ruggs, but I would love to see raegor here as well, just such a scary thought

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My new round 1 draft crush is jaelen raegor, this guy is tyreek hill/Hollywood fast, and he has super explosive and fluid change of direction, honestly he’s got some breakaways that look fast forwarded but they aren’t since there are still defenders on the screen lol.

Man I’m so enamored with the thought of getting another sub 4.3 guy in here, I just can’t imagine how scared teams are gonna be when facing us, like what the hell do you do, if Lamar is hitting throws then you need 2 deep safeties at all times, then you need LBs to cheat back for the TE but then cheat up for the run, it’s already partially happening but you would force cover 2 or 3 on literally every snap by adding another, and you could literally outrun any cover 2 or 3 and could beat it all over the field with your other methods

I desperately want Ruggs, but I would love to see raegor here as well, just such a scary thought
we all know Ruggs won't be available when we pick in what could be one of the bottom 4 picks in the first round. I'd rather go with a nuanced route runner. A technician like DeVonta Smith in the 2nd and pick up a much needed defensive player, either LB, Edge, DL before WR in the first round. This is an incredible draft class for WR's and we all saw this coming a couple years ago. It's about 5 months away and that is going to fly.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
we all know Ruggs won't be available when we pick in what could be one of the bottom 4 picks in the first round. I'd rather go with a nuanced route runner. A technician like DeVonta Smith in the 2nd and pick up a much needed defensive player, either LB, Edge, DL before WR in the first round. This is an incredible draft class for WR's and we all saw this coming a couple years ago. It's about 5 months away and that is going to fly.
There is no way Ruggs is picked before Smith.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I strongly disagree. Ruggs is going first round and Smith isn’t. I’ll bet an avatar of your choice on it lol
Smith has more production, but Ruggs speed is what could have him going before Smith. Anyway, I'll take either one of them, but Smith's nuanced route running would be a great complement to Hollywood.

This is a loaded draft class and someone good is going to be available at the bottom of the 2nd round.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Smith has more production, but Ruggs speed is what could have him going before Smith. Anyway, I'll take either one of them, but Smith's nuanced route running would be a great complement to Hollywood.

This is a loaded draft class and someone good is going to be available at the bottom of the 2nd round.
Hollywood is a nuanced route runner, as is andrews, what I want is another ridiculous speedster to scare the everloving fck out of all opponents