• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What's going on with Mack? Ferguson is dealing with a hamstring issue, but I haven't heard anything about Mack.

Also, I just hope they take their time with Hollywood and don't rush him back. A healthy Hollywood for the regular season means much more than having him participate in training camp and possibly suffering a setback.

If they keep not passing the test then it’s a problem - the ravens notoriously have one of the hardest conditioning tests in the league and it frequently takes rookies and 1st time vets by surprise

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If they keep not passing the test then it’s a problem - the ravens notoriously have one of the hardest conditioning tests in the league and it frequently takes rookies and 1st time vets by surprise
Except for Ferguson though, he’s a stiff fatass with no speed or coordination, that’s why he failed

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Hollywood is unfortunately being overestimated by the fan base which could lead to disappointment.

In my eyes he is a rookie WR drafted at the tail end of the 1st, if he has between 35-40 catches for 400-500 yards then he had a great season. Not good, great, but people are talking 1000 yards already and that's a lot to ask/expect from a rookie (which is odd because pre draft these boards had him as the 3rd-4th best WR in his class on average)
yes he is a rookie and may have some growing pains, but let's not atleast recognize the reason he was drafted late in the first. It has everything to do with his injury and not being able to do drills for team. Package that into a really deep draft and he still was drafted in the first round. So i look at it in a completely different light.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yes he is a rookie and may have some growing pains, but let's not atleast recognize the reason he was drafted late in the first. It has everything to do with his injury and not being able to do drills for team. Package that into a really deep draft and he still was drafted in the first round. So i look at it in a completely different light.

As a pure film study I had him as a near top 10 prospect in this draft class - the only guy even anywhere close to in his stratosphere talent-wise when we drafted for me was jawaan Taylor

I hope he gets practicing soon but he’s an electrifying player

A1A

Veteran
As a pure film study I had him as a near top 10 prospect in this draft class - the only guy even anywhere close to in his stratosphere talent-wise when we drafted for me was jawaan Taylor

I hope he gets practicing soon but he’s an electrifying player

Yes electrifying...in college. I sure do hope like I pray he works out cause me saying I told u so/I knew it! Etc..will hurt to my Raven core. Regarding the other stuff who cares man this is why we have camp to weed out the weak links. I see the same post every July....even Raven vets fail that test.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Different scheme and different personnel but Torrey Smith had 50 grabs, 800 + yards, and 7 td's his rookie year.

Brown is way more complete. I don't think 40-50/600 yds/ 4-5 td's is unreasonable to expect at all.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Please, let's have a healthy camp. So damn excited to see the rooks. Hope Skura's been hitting the juice, too. Haven't been this hype for a season in a while.

I say for preseason we just bench all the starters like the Rams did last year. Didn't seem to effect them getting to the Super Bowl.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I say for preseason we just bench all the starters like the Rams did last year. Didn't seem to effect them getting to the Super Bowl.
With an entirely new playbook, Lamar in his first year as the starter, and new skill players on offense? Sounds like a good way to start the season 0-3

Ludy51

Hall of Famer

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-22_16-36-15.gif
    upload_2019-7-22_16-36-15.gif
    945.4 KB · Views: 266

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Let's hope for an injury free training camp and preseason for all 32 teams, and all the teams are as healthy as they can be for week one. Don't want any excuses for why we beat them, I mean Miami has a built in excuse of tanking Tua but everyone else may have an excuse if they lose a key player.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Little surprized bout McGahee. He only played a couple yrs here but he must have really loved it here.
The fans in buffalo burned his jersey like ten times what Steelers fans did to AB or ravens fans did because of the kneeling(cringe). That’s probably got something to do with it lol