• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
One of my favorite McGahee runs:

Mcgahees best run was in 07 vs the undefeated pats where he made 3 pats defenders fucking tackle each other in the open field.

Them Miami boys went the fuck off for Sean Taylor that night, and mcgahee led the way.

Damn shame he dealt with so many injuries because he had insane potential, if he was healthy he would’ve been the leveon bell of the 2000s, their styles are identical, patience, jump cuts, one step acceleration, receiving and pass protection, one motion open field jukes while keeping momentum downhill, and raw power, plus he had the best stiff arm in the league.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mcgahees best run was in 07 vs the undefeated pats where he made 3 pats defenders fucking tackle each other in the open field.

Them Miami boys went the [profanity deleted] off for Sean Taylor that night, and mcgahee led the way.

Damn shame he dealt with so many injuries because he had insane potential, if he was healthy he would’ve been the leveon bell of the 2000s, their styles are identical, patience, jump cuts, one step acceleration, receiving and pass protection, one motion open field jukes while keeping momentum downhill, and raw power, plus he had the best stiff arm in the league.

I'll also never forgot how him and McClain shut down the old Cowboys stadium. Jerry Jones will probably hate us for all eternity lol

And yeah, both McGahee and Webb dealt with too many injuries that sapped their potential. McGahee definitely could have been one of the best backs in the league and Webb was on his way to becoming an elite shutdown corner before his second ACL tear. Both still had good careers, but they could have been even better if they could have avoided some of those injuries.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Report from vinny cerrato(who I’m only mentioning because he’s at camp reporting to 105.7)
-Orlando brown is supposedly in terrible shape
-Shane Ray also out of shape, basically blowing his second chance
-missed the beginning of the report but they spoke about LG being wide open and they kept mentioning eluemenor but I missed why they were talking about him
-practicing lots of run stuff with Ricard getting a lot of looks at FB
-H. Hurst moving well, looking fast

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol according to Hensley Pierce was ~390 lbs when Harbaugh held him out of practice. He is now ~ 360 lbs. Damn 390 was crazy for a 6' guy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol according to Hensley Pierce was ~390 lbs when Harbaugh held him out of practice. He is now ~ 360 lbs. Damn 390 was crazy for a 6' guy.
what was his playing weight last season. It certainly wasn't 360.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Report from vinny cerrato(who I’m only mentioning because he’s at camp reporting to 105.7)
-Orlando brown is supposedly in terrible shape
-Shane Ray also out of shape, basically blowing his second chance
-missed the beginning of the report but they spoke about LG being wide open and they kept mentioning eluemenor but I missed why they were talking about him
-practicing lots of run stuff with Ricard getting a lot of looks at FB
-H. Hurst moving well, looking fast
not sure about the Orlando Brown report, considering late June he said he was more defined and a lot stronger for his second season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
not sure about the Orlando Brown report, considering late June he said he was more defined and a lot stronger for his second season.
He failed his conditioning test. Idk, just repeating the reports.

Also, reports that Lamar’s deep ball doesn’t look much improved

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Justice hill caught a tipped pass just before it hit the ground, and wearing 43 a fan who knows jackshit thought it was Darren sproles because of how fast and quick he was after the catch

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting that Boykin was practicing with the 1s. He wasn't good and had a case of the drops but they had him with the 1s

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Interesting that Boykin was practicing with the 1s. He wasn't good and had a case of the drops but they had him with the 1s
Yeah I heard he had trouble tracking some deep balls too.

Boykin was one of those picks I tried talking myself into but really I just have so many doubts about him

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I heard he had trouble tracking some deep balls too.

Boykin was one of those picks I tried talking myself into but really I just have so many doubts about him

I know he had a rough day, but I think its newsworthy that Harbs had a rookie 3rd round pick playing with the 1s on the first day of camp. He must have seriously impressed during offseason.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know he had a rough day, but I think its newsworthy that Harbs had a rookie 3rd round pick playing with the 1s on the first day of camp. He must have seriously impressed during offseason.
He was traded up for in the third, very possible that decosta just said this guy needs to run with the 1s because were invested in him