• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting that Boykin was practicing with the 1s. He wasn't good and had a case of the drops but they had him with the 1s

Yeah I heard he had trouble tracking some deep balls too.

Boykin was one of those picks I tried talking myself into but really I just have so many doubts about him

this is what zrebiec had on boykin today:

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1154414090208665600

not much to go on but he also apparently had a nice long td from lamar too - feel like zrebiec would have said if hed struggled

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
New sheriff in town fam.

And According to Bernard pollard Ozzie stepped in and told harbaugh to start him.

So according to a guy whose teammates cannot stand him, thus why he bounced around the league and cannot even own how awful he is to be around with "alpha male" being his excuse for being an awful person, claims GM stepped in to make him starter... ya no I need a more reliable source.

It also makes no sense considering the time. The team was doing VERY well with Harbaugh making the calls so why mess with what is clearly working for an at best average player.

purp

Practice Squad
I struggle with any take that begins with:

According to Vinny Cerrato

or

According to Bernard Pollard

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don’t know why anyone thinks Bernard pollard is lying lol, he’s been himself unapologetically throughout his career and we have seen harbaugh play favorites for years. Realistically we have zero reason to think he’s lying, other than believing harbaugh can do no wrong.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Orlando Brown and Shane Ray are the latest players to fail the Ravens conditioning tests.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Orlando brown needs to realize he’s got James hurst behind him and harbaugh as the coach, any reason to see the bench and he’ll see it, long term. Better pass it tomorrow or be introduced to the doghouse

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I struggle with any take that begins with:

According to Vinny Cerrato

or

According to Bernard Pollard
Vinny Cerrato should be banned around 3 different teams websites. Ravens, Skins, 9ers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Don’t know why anyone thinks Bernard pollard is lying lol, he’s been himself unapologetically throughout his career and we have seen harbaugh play favorites for years. Realistically we have zero reason to think he’s lying, other than believing harbaugh can do no wrong.

some of the things he says are credible - a lot of the things he says sound to me like bluster more than anything else - we've got years of pollard mouthing off and saying stuff, but we've also got years of the track record of ozzie and co and id find it exceedingly odd if they decided to step in and potentially ruin a relationship with a head coach who'd won multiple playoff games over multiple consecutive years just for bernard pollard

it just doesnt seem in any way plausible - some of the other things ring true with the form of the club that we've seen over the years (like the playing favourites thing) but ozzie/eric stepping on his toes with team selections does not even seem remotely possible let alone true

purp

Practice Squad

Or conversely being very hungry for any reason to take potshots at Harbaugh. The size of the grudge Pollard has against Harbaugh is second only to the size of the chip on his shoulder. Not interested.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
some of the things he says are credible - a lot of the things he says sound to me like bluster more than anything else - we've got years of pollard mouthing off and saying stuff, but we've also got years of the track record of ozzie and co and id find it exceedingly odd if they decided to step in and potentially ruin a relationship with a head coach who'd won multiple playoff games over multiple consecutive years just for bernard pollard

it just doesnt seem in any way plausible - some of the other things ring true with the form of the club that we've seen over the years (like the playing favourites thing) but ozzie/eric stepping on his toes with team selections does not even seem remotely possible let alone true
Well the SS behind him was a nobody and likely not playing well, and if harbaugh didn’t like him he wouldn’t be starting, and Ozzie didn’t sign pollard for him to sit behind a camp body, I find it totally plausible. It wouldn’t ruin a relationship mainly because harbaugh doesn’t have the strong arm in the organization that Ozzie had and if it came down to it harbaugh would have to concede to Ozzie’s better judgement.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Or conversely being very hungry for any reason to take potshots at Harbaugh. The size of the grudge Pollard has against Harbaugh is second only to the size of the chip on his shoulder. Not interested.
Ok then, what about Ed reed? They regularly went weeks without speaking to each other, Ed reed genuinely disliked harbaugh, and harbaugh genuinely disliked Ed reed but he’s the greatest safety to ever play so he dealt with him and played nice when he had to. And this came from BOTH sides, they both admitted to this but harbaugh sugarcoated.

This isn’t unprecedented at all lol, harbaugh does not appreciate a player having a voice in the locker room overpowering his.

There is legitimately nothing in that video that sounds implausible or even unlikely.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This from Spencer Schultz re Orlando:

Orlando Brown did NOT look happy to be watching. Maybe it’s because he was dead tired from trying to sprint this morning, but also probably doesn’t like seeing other lineman in his spot. He doesn’t LOOK out of shape, but the man is slow as molasses, so not surprised he failed.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess when you are trying to bulk up, you are going to lose some speed. Always a couple OLine players who fail it every year anyway though so I dont even worry about it when young players and FAs fail it.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Surprised he got shitcanned before jaylen smith/horn jr

Apparently horn had some good grabs today including a 35yd td from our cant throw 3rd stringer.

To me its interesting who is getting reps with who such as Board apparently getting most 1st team reps today with Peanut of course.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Apparently horn had some good grabs today including a 35yd td from our cant throw 3rd stringer.

To me its interesting who is getting reps with who such as Board apparently getting most 1st team reps today with Peanut of course.
I saw a nice one hander but heard from multiple reports that he was dropping them left and right. I doubt he sees anything but a few 4th quarter preseason snaps.

And shit board was getting most of the first team reps in the 2ILB look in OTAs from what I heard