• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

Tank

Hall of Famer
Really happy for Vedvik especially after the terrible off field experience here last year.

I’m low key becoming a closet Vikes fan. Thielan, Diggs, Cousins, Rudolph all personal favorites. Now Vedvik.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Really happy for Vedvik especially after the terrible off field experience here last year.

I’m low key becoming a closet Vikes fan. Thielan, Diggs, Cousins, Rudolph all personal favorites. Now Vedvik.

Cousins? Does Joe know?

Seriously, though... COUSINS?!? Why?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we couldve waited and got a bit more for vedik
I don't think so a 5th rounder is very good value for a placekicker. What happens if Vedvik had missed 3 attempts?
This is pretty much max value. No team trades a 4th for a k who is going to be released and just kicked in preseason.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don't think so a 5th rounder is very good value for a placekicker. What happens if Vedvik had missed 3 attempts?
This is pretty much max value. No team trades a 4th for a k who is going to be released and just kicked in preseason.
I mean bucs used a 2nd on the worst K ever. I highly doubt we wouldve released him though. He was doing well last year too. I think he might really end up being special

redrum52

Hall of Famer
lol......will it ever stop?

Captain Kirk? What’s not to like?

As a player I dont trust him. I know the Vikings had OL issues but he still had his share of problems, if you ask me. Don't think he should have been the first player with a guaranteed contract but it is what it is. We'll see this year but he seems to shrink when he's most needed.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Vedvik is really good and I have faith that he will keep kicking well, but a fifth rounder is not bad and we do risk him going cold or getting injured in our next preseason game. We just have to remember to go for the two point conversations on TD's so we don't risk Tucker anymore than we have to. You may be right about a possible fourth, only because you can save a roster spot with Vedvik because he can be your kicker and punter and that is rare nowadays in the NFL. That would add some value to him.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

It's a purple thang.....

Tank

Hall of Famer
As a player I dont trust him. I know the Vikings had OL issues but he still had his share of problems, if you ask me. Don't think he should have been the first player with a guaranteed contract but it is what it is. We'll see this year but he seems to shrink when he's most needed.
He shrinks when most needed? Never mind.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

tumblr_ovq2zoejxE1u32yzgo1_250.gif

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I dont know if this directed at my wording or what I said but to me hes not built for big games or doesn't show up. Hes worked with decent talent for a decent portion of his career and had a decent scheme. Care to elaborate or we just letting this go?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I dont know if this directed at my wording or what I said but to me hes not built for big games or doesn't show up. Hes worked with decent talent for a decent portion of his career and had a decent scheme. Care to elaborate or we just letting this go?
Just a joke. American humor. lol

purp

Practice Squad
Huge return for Vedvik! The ability of our Front Office to find these guys and then the coaching staff’s prowess in developing them is crazy. So much kicking talent has come out of this organization. It’s time to start giving Randy Brown the praise he is due.

We got more for a kicker that’s never taking a regular season snap than for an offensive linemen that has started numerous NFL games. Impressive.

Does Vedvik really save a roster spot by punting too? Who's going to hold for him? I guess some random special teams player but it's a weird one.