• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

Really happy for Vedvik especially after the terrible off field experience here last year.

I’m low key becoming a closet Vikes fan. Thielan, Diggs, Cousins, Rudolph all personal favorites. Now Vedvik.
I spent 10 years in Minneapolis... part of that time before the Ravens came into being. There was a short period where they were my #1 team but the Ravens came along so they shifted to #2.

NICE! Schefter says the Vikings could use him as both their Kicker & Punter. I guess the Bears were only willing to offer a 6th or 7th and didn't want to go higher.
When Vedvik hit that 55 yarder and the sidelines were going crazy I was thinking Eric was thinking hmmm maybe that just bumped him up to a 5th rounder.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I took a long sabbatical to focus on my profession and I assume these are the highlights:

Jackson looks good, Andrews is Andrews, Boykin could be a monster for us, Brown is starting to get into game shape but not there yet, we traded a couple guys we would cut for something, the OL looks like a problem if guys don’t get their shit straight, pass rushers could also predictably be an issue? Anything surprising I didn’t mention? I see Mekari may be the front runner now for LG, but what about other stuff? Namely, LB to replace Mosley, how does Thomas look, and tell me how the RB like Ingram look?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So I took a long sabbatical to focus on my profession and I assume these are the highlights:

Jackson looks good, Andrews is Andrews, Boykin could be a monster for us, Brown is starting to get into game shape but not there yet, we traded a couple guys we would cut for something, the OL looks like a problem if guys don’t get their shit straight, pass rushers could also predictably be an issue? Anything surprising I didn’t mention? I see Mekari may be the front runner now for LG, but what about other stuff? Namely, LB to replace Mosley, how does Thomas look, and tell me how the RB like Ingram look?

id say the least obvious things i.e. more surprising things that have happened recently:

• CJ Board seemingly winning the WLB job in stead of Kenny Young
  • Eluemunor getting first crack at the LG job (but also not performing well) - Powers only running with the 2nd team, Hurst getting no run at LG (albeit getting lots of time at RG), Alex Lewis getting traded and Mekari coming out of nowhere into the competition
  • Pat Ricard being used a lot in the first team offence (despite hardly being used at all after jackson got the starting job in 2018)
  • Jaleel Scott taking a massive leap in year 2 (may still not be enough to grab a roster spot - we'll see)
  • Pernell Mcphee apparently outright winning the Rush LB starting job/major role in the defence upcoming
  • Tyler Ervin might make the roster at RB - it's basically him vs Cyrus Jones for a roster spot because of their punt return skills - and if he wins it, dixon probably doesnt make the 53
things that also still havent happened yet but you might have expected to happen...

- Green dot still hasnt been visibly decided between Peanut and Jefferson (will probably find out tonight who wears it but looks like Peanut right now)
- LG competition is still a competition with no clear starter yet - and no player obviously ahead of the rest - Eluemunor's had the most reps with the 1s but has also had a really tough time
- Trace Mcsorley has not played much on special teams yet

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
id say the least obvious things i.e. more surprising things that have happened recently:

• CJ Board seemingly winning the WLB job in stead of Kenny Young
  • Eluemunor getting first crack at the LG job (but also not performing well) - Powers only running with the 2nd team, Hurst getting no run at LG (albeit getting lots of time at RG), Alex Lewis getting traded and Mekari coming out of nowhere into the competition
  • Pat Ricard being used a lot in the first team offence (despite hardly being used at all after jackson got the starting job in 2018)
  • Jaleel Scott taking a massive leap in year 2 (may still not be enough to grab a roster spot - we'll see)
  • Pernell Mcphee apparently outright winning the Rush LB starting job/major role in the defence upcoming
  • Tyler Ervin might make the roster at RB - it's basically him vs Cyrus Jones for a roster spot because of their punt return skills - and if he wins it, dixon probably doesnt make the 53
things that also still havent happened yet but you might have expected to happen...

- Green dot still hasnt been visibly decided between Peanut and Jefferson (will probably find out tonight who wears it but looks like Peanut right now)
- LG competition is still a competition with no clear starter yet - and no player obviously ahead of the rest - Eluemunor's had the most reps with the 1s but has also had a really tough time
- Trace Mcsorley has not played much on special teams yet
Good to know, thanks. How has Ingram looked and Thomas? I don't even remember Ervin so that is interesting. I will have to watch tonight since I didn't watch the last game.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Good to know, thanks. How has Ingram looked and Thomas? I don't even remember Ervin so that is interesting. I will have to watch tonight since I didn't watch the last game.
I don't think Ingram or Thomas played last week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so to get hyped for tonight just went and watched the highlights for last weeks game and the chris moore/nick boyle throw happened and i thought id see if i could work out whether it went where it was intended...

and looking at a few factors (without all22 or horizontal to LoS views) i think it really was to chris moore

one of the key parts was it looks like lamar's reading moore the whole way to me and the timing of the throw is wrong for nick boyle coming out of his break

another couple of things - with the placement of the ball chris moore shouldnt even have a chance at catching it unless that back shoulder is part of the read for that play

if anything looking at mechanically how lamar threw it looks like he underthrew where he intended - his base got a bit narrow and i think he meant to drive it a little harder so it was a bit higher for moore to catch

i could be completely wrong given ive only got the broadcast angle which means that both moore and boyle are not even on screen at the critical moment when lamar actually throws but thats my best guess

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Thinking we’ll see a lot of deshon Elliott in the nickel, his aggressive and multiple style seems like a fit to play a lot of nickel for wink

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Thinking we’ll see a lot of deshon Elliott in the nickel, his aggressive and multiple style seems like a fit to play a lot of nickel for wink
We had Canady playing nickel for a while. I wonder if he would be in the running to take over?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I was happy until that press conference, now I am pretty damn bummed. I feel bad for Tavon, neck surgery is no joke. He will be in my prayers now for sure.