• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Does anyone else have a really uneasy feeling about Hayden Hurst? Man I just can’t shake this feeling that he’s gonna bust, he has done very little so far, he’s the oldest 2nd year player ever, he’s not showing development, the weight gain doesn’t seem to have helped, and idk man he’s just kind of a beta, like he seems soft and really lacks any kind of edge at all.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sucks for Young, this will be his second missed season in three years after we gave him a big contract. We may regret this.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Does anyone else have a really uneasy feeling about Hayden Hurst? Man I just can’t shake this feeling that he’s gonna bust, he has done very little so far, he’s the oldest 2nd year player ever, he’s not showing development, the weight gain doesn’t seem to have helped, and idk man he’s just kind of a beta, like he seems soft and really lacks any kind of edge at all.
I don't have an uneasy feeling - considering he was a 1st round pick, I think it's safe to say he is a bust.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
“Young suffered the injury in practice and did not play in Baltimore’s pre season opener” per ESPN’s Jamison Hensley.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ns-cb-tavon-young-neck-could-miss-2019-season
I saw this one:

TAVON YOUNG DB, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Ravens slot CB Tavon Young could miss the entire season with a neck injury.
Young suffered the injury in practice last weekend. It's a disc issue. Neck ailments can be career threatening, though coach John Harbaugh said that would not be the case with Young. The Ravens made 25-year-old Young the highest-paid nickel back in the league in February. Young missed all of 2017 with a torn ACL, and sat out the Ravens' Wild Card loss to the Chargers with a hernia. Cyrus Jones or perhaps even Brandon Carr would likely be the next man up. It's not a good situation.

SOURCE: Ryan Mink on Twitter
Aug 15, 2019, 10:53 PM ET

Question is - do we trust Hensley or Mink?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't have an uneasy feeling - considering he was a 1st round pick, I think it's safe to say he is a bust.
We could’ve had will Hernandez or Calvin Ridley smh. Imagine us with a dominant LG like that right now, biggest hole on the roster, that would be huge. Or add an explosive route runner in Ridley to Hollywood and Snead...

Damn it man we can’t ever seem to have a draft where we don’t shudder at one of our higher picks, always something there to bring down the draft class. In a class where we drafted Lamar Jackson, Orlando brown, mark andrews, and Kenny young, the FIRST pick was Hayden hurst over 2 quality starters at weak spots for us.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tavon has been injured two years in a row. He is a good player but does anyone else,befre this new injury,think like I do that he was overpaid?