• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

We aren’t the only team that runs an RPO though and it can still be effective. The ravens RPO with Lamar Jackson is a RPO on steroids, we have the threat of all the options, but an added dimension of the qb being the most dangerous threat because he can work any gap as well as a RB and is more explosive than anyone.

It would still be a toned down RPO where you do the traditional qb keeper to the edge or TE flat if the edge defender loses discipline. Literally the only difference would be less keepers and the qb only threatening the edge rather than the whole front

Yes, with Lamar it’s an rpo on steroids. Either bob or McSorely can run the offense but we won’t be as dynamic and unpredictable as we would be with Lamar. And just to add, if Lamar can prove to be effective in the passing game then we have a legit offense.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Search "reddit nfl streams" on gameday. Free and usually really good quality. I would use a VPN to mask your real IP address though.

EDIT - WOW @ Gears TV. Has anyone had any experience with them?
I never mask my ip address using reddit ad
Ive been doing it for yrs... should I?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gone back and watched a lot of the preseason snaps - Timmy Williams and Tyus Bowser have been the best players on the Ravens offence or defence through the 3 games so far

couple of caveats is that they've got more snaps than more established veterans and clearer starters but Wink told these guys to step up and it looks like both of them have
Tyus looks violent and far more fluid than he has before and Timmy looks like a pressure machine

its odd that 2 edge rushers playing so well has got such little play in the baltimore press given the pondering over the position all summer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
in other news:

Harbs says the LG spot is still open - still a competition going into the last week of preseason - that's a really frustrating and disappointing outcome tbh - feels to me like Eluemunor is the one who has to step up and take that job by the horns - he's been the most impressive when he's played there but he's also been so inconsistent - Eluemunor though also looks like the 2nd best LT on the team too (his biggest issue seems to be consistency and conditioning - and it seems to me like one of those problems might solve the other at least a little if it gets fixed)

Board and Ferguson have both come out of concussion protocol - dont know if board will play on thursday but i imagine ferguson will get quite a few snaps against washington

Seth Roberts back at practice (whether he plays thursday is still not obvious) - positive sign:
“We’re talking about that right now, whether we would want to play him or not,” Harbaugh said. “He practiced the last couple of days and looked good. He was looking good, playing really well, veteran guy experienced player. He looked great. There’s a possibility he could play Thursday.

In general Harbs said about thursday (as expected):

“A lot of guys won’t play at all. Guys that we don’t feel like we need to see, starter-type guys. They’ll be some guys, possibly starters, younger guys that we feel need some work. They’ll play some. Then a lot of guys who are excited about the opportunity, and want to get out there and prove themselves, to see if they can make this team or another team. They’ll play a lot.”

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In the past we have kept six WRs. I believe Hollywood, Moore, Snead, and Boykin are set in stone. The remaining two spots are between Roberts, Floyd and Scott and believe Scott will make the team. Hopefully Wesley can sneak through waivers and get onto the PS.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In the past we have kept six WRs. I believe Hollywood, Moore, Snead, and Boykin are set in stone. The remaining two spots are between Roberts, Floyd and Scott and believe Scott will make the team. Hopefully Wesley can sneak through waivers and get onto the PS.

interesting note on that battle - jaleel scott has played the 2nd most snaps of special team this preseason - puts him in the drivers seat for that 6th wr spot

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am very worried about our offensive line . I feel we have some real problems here.
LT-Stanley He gets hurt too much .Good but not great LT .
LG- A massive problem that is still not addressed .We really don't have anyone even average here.
C-Skura is not that good. He was pushed backed all season last year inhibiting QB's to step into the pocket
RG-Yanda still very good even though he is on his last legs . Still a top 100 player per a NFL analysis.
RT-Zeus Jr. is a puzzle. He seems to have taken a step back like Oher did in his second season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I am very worried about our offensive line . I feel we have some real problems here.
LT-Stanley He gets hurt too much .Good but not great LT .
LG- A massive problem that is still not addressed .We really don't have anyone even average here.
C-Skura is not that good. He was pushed backed all season last year inhibiting QB's to step into the pocket
RG-Yanda still very good even though he is on his last legs . Still a top 100 player per a NFL analysis.
RT-Zeus Jr. is a puzzle. He seems to have taken a step back like Oher did in his second season.

If Miami gets Clowney then our offensive line is in trouble for sure come week one.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Houston wants Tunsil which means they would want Stanley from Ravens so no thanks. OLine is more valuable then DLine
Lmao rebuilding phase, potential franchise qb just traded for, and you wanna get rid of maybe the only other quality offensive player you have who’s on a rookie deal for a pass rusher who’s gonna break the bank...

Jesus you can’t make this stuff up

Stanley went from never getting hurt in college to being hurt for 3 years straight, luckily theyve been minor injuries but those add up to shorten careers too.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stanley went from never getting hurt in college to being hurt for 3 years straight, luckily theyve been minor injuries but those add up to shorten careers too.

I don't think there's been many games where he hasn't been battling some minor injury. It would be great to see what he's capable of when he's completely healthy, but so far he just hasn't been able to do that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We know who’s fault that is... Stanley is OP because he’s dueling harbaugh for his health and has still managed to suit up most weeks. A lesser human would be dead by now battling harbaugh for this long.

That's crazy as hell. Brissett decent but those bums probably tank again.
Ooh careful ... I can't remember who it was, but someone out here vehemently denied that Indy tanked in order to get Luck.

I cannot see this team tanking. Brissett may not be all world, but he doesn't suck. They (finally) built an O line and have some decent weapons. Their defense aint great, but passable.

Unless they decide to put Brissett on IR and get Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins to come out of retirement to fight for the starting job, I don't think we see them get Tua.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ooh careful ... I can't remember who it was, but someone out here vehemently denied that Indy tanked in order to get Luck.

I cannot see this team tanking. Brissett may not be all world, but he doesn't suck. They (finally) built an O line and have some decent weapons. Their defense aint great, but passable.

Unless they decide to put Brissett on IR and get Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins to come out of retirement to fight for the starting job, I don't think we see them get Tua.

i honestly think colts might still be favourites in the AFC South - the rest of their roster is so much better than everyone else in the division and Brissett is at worst a strong backup level qb

Reactions: cdp