• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

My comment from around a week ago "I really think ILB is a sticky issue when it comes to finalizing the roster. I can't see us only going 3, unless we think that we have someone who is listed as OLB who can be moved inside, or we really think Alaka is worthy of a roster spot. I have to think we are closely monitoring other team's and cuts to see if we add an ILB who may be worthy of keeping. "

Looks like we did just that

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-sign-veteran-former-eagles-inside-linebacker

No idea if Worrilow makes the team, but this doesn't bode well for Alaka.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
My comment from around a week ago "I really think ILB is a sticky issue when it comes to finalizing the roster. I can't see us only going 3, unless we think that we have someone who is listed as OLB who can be moved inside, or we really think Alaka is worthy of a roster spot. I have to think we are closely monitoring other team's and cuts to see if we add an ILB who may be worthy of keeping. "

Looks like we did just that

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-sign-veteran-former-eagles-inside-linebacker

No idea if Worrilow makes the team, but this doesn't bode well for Alaka.
Umm, Worrilow is retiring.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Wow - that was fast. I just saw that and was going to delete my post ... no reply is faster than one that makes someone else look foolish.
LMAOOO I swear it was just the timing as I just logged in a couple of mins ago and your post was one of the very first notifications I saw. It happens lol.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm not saying he should, but didn't Bowser play at ILB? I'm not too worried about the position, but who knows with our luck.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not saying he should, but didn't Bowser play at ILB? I'm not too worried about the position, but who knows with our luck.

They lined him up there as a rookie but if we have an injury to O or Young we could be in trouble.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
no way there's a team that thinks mcsorley is better than their number 2 - there's a fairly high level of depth of qb play across the league at the moment in general and an influx of talent at the position too
If you're right then I don't expect him to be on the initial 53 man roster. They'll let him clear waivers and put him on the PS imo.

I asked that question too but did not get an answer.

I feel like I saw Bowser at ILB for at least one snap in preseason game 3 - really hard to see on small screen I have to watch these reddit streams. I think they have little choice but to get the OLB best suited to fill in at that position to learn the role of that position in our scheme in case of emergency. Bowser could be that guy.

It is clear that we're not comfortable with what we have at that position (given our swing and miss on an FA this week) and but we can't waste a roster spot on a guy just because he has ILB next to his name.

If you're right then I don't expect him to be on the initial 53 man roster. They'll let him clear waivers and put him on the PS imo.
I think McSorley is one of a handful of guys for whom there will be much disagreement on whether he's on or off the 53 man. Others in that group are Scott, Mekari and Bozeman.

I personally think we put McSorley on the initial 53, given his potential to make contributions on specific plays and the health of RGIII. If he contributes or if RGIII's health is remains in question, he stays. If not, at that point there will be zero risk of him not clearing waivers and sending him to the PS.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I asked that question too but did not get an answer.

I feel like I saw Bowser at ILB for at least one snap in preseason game 3 - really hard to see on small screen I have to watch these reddit streams. I think they have little choice but to get the OLB best suited to fill in at that position to learn the role of that position in our scheme in case of emergency. Bowser could be that guy.

It is clear that we're not comfortable with what we have at that position (given our swing and miss on an FA this week) and but we can't waste a roster spot on a guy just because he has ILB next to his name.
Dean Pees tried Bowser at ILB, too. Did not impress.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Remember how some here said hey we should wait to trade Vedvik even though there was a risk that he could mess up and lose trade value, that happened tonight. He missed two field goals, a 43 yard field goal that went wide left and a 54 yard FG that went wide right.

"I honestly don't know," Zimmer said. "Since we brought Vedvik in, Wile has been punting good and Bailey has been kicking good, and then Vedvik goes out there and misses field goals. I don't know. I'm at a loss on that."

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Remember how some here said hey we should wait to trade Vedvik even though there was a risk that he could mess up and lose trade value, that happened tonight. He missed two field goals, a 43 yard field goal that went wide left and a 54 yard FG that went wide right.
They're cursed. It's that simple. The football gods don't like them which is a shame.

Dean Pees tried Bowser at ILB, too. Did not impress.
That would have been 2 years ago in his rookie year, so there is the potential for improvement. I'm talking about only using him inside in a pinch, with the alternative being picking up someone no better than what Bowser may be if moved inside, but taking a roster spot.