• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Tavon Young Torn ACL

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep as soon as I saw Camp had a toe injury and said well Harbaugh is going to say it's minor no matter what.

Toe injuries should never be considered minor when a toe is what basically ended Deion Sanders' career.
That can have an effect on planting the foot for cuts and turns.

It's probably a blessing for Campanaro though because he won't be able to run full speed and pull a hamstring again.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
One bright spot is that Canady had a strong practice after replacing Tavon and notched 3 ints on the day.

JoeKnows

Practice Squad
Damn that's a bummer.

Almost Identical to L.Webb start with us. Nice rookie year tears ACL. Of course webb tore his towards the end of that rookie year.
Tavon tears his before he can began year 2.
I know it sucks but like you said above the one silver lining to this is that Canady has been playing well.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd like to see canady being given reps there but knowing harbs ( and boy do i know him) it will be webb.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
It sucks because even though the depth is there for this season, another year of development would have been huge. And Young was always a fun player to watch.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Ooof, big blow.

Young is like the polar opposite of Canaday. Canaday has great size, but he's soft as hell and doesn't have the ball skills that one might expect from three interceptions in practice. Young is short, but scrappy and had great ball skills.

Have to believe that Webb will be the nickel again. He's still got that scrappy mentality and great ball skills. Just don't put him on the outside.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i feel like canady has been lowkey getting a lot of hype. like hes always being pictured and caught in videos around the ball and running with first and second string. ive been thinking about his potential for a while now

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ooof, big blow.

Young is like the polar opposite of Canaday. Canaday has great size, but he's soft as hell and doesn't have the ball skills that one might expect from three interceptions in practice. Young is short, but scrappy and had great ball skills.

Have to believe that Webb will be the nickel again. He's still got that scrappy mentality and great ball skills. Just don't put him on the outside.

Don't sleep on canady. I know his scouting report said that BUT from what i saw in pre-season and even before today he was doing really well. He might have taken it up a notch.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Season = over. In all seriousness I think this is foreshadowing of things to come. Sucks to lose a potentially great player in OTAs.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
TBH, looking at this O..the season was over before it even started.

Tavon isn't a superstar corner. He's a good slot corner. He did get beat both down the middle and on the outside quite a bit down the stretch.

However, IF 1 of these guys go down
Jimmy Smith
Eric Weddle
Tony Jefferson

you can stick a fork in us.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Don't sleep on canady. I know his scouting report said that BUT from what i saw in pre-season and even before today he was doing really well. He might have taken it up a notch.
I went to VT, which is a rival school to UVA so I got to see bits from him.

He isn't physical and he isn't very fast. He's all there mentally other than not being aggressive. Just not sure he has the physical ability to take it to the next level.